Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Fire Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Fire Camps Topics, Discussions and Information relating to California Fire Camps.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

Andrewsmom it seems to vary a lot in camp on when they sign their parole papers. I know that my guy was released in Oct. and he signed his papers like in Feb.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaa View Post
Andrewsmom it seems to vary a lot in camp on when they sign their parole papers. I know that my guy was released in Oct. and he signed his papers like in Feb.
My guy is at 96 days left and I dont know what I need to do if I suppose to do anything.I am new at this and I keep looking for stuff but its all about prison not camp. How do they get a ID? Do I get it or do the camp get it for him?
Old 02-17-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Ok thanks so much Shaa!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Banned

Riccigirl I see from a different post of yours that you found out that his camp will help him get a ID. That is great my guys camp did not do that. But he had no problem going to the DMV when he got hom and getting his ID. Basically all you need to do is send him his dress outs, and be there to pick him up. When he is released he will get his $200 gate money and a check for whatever money he might of had on his books before they closed the account. If he goes out on any fire calls after that they will send him a check in about a month and a half for what ever money he makes then.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Riccigirl I see from a different post of yours that you found out that his camp will help him get a ID. That is great my guys camp did not do that. But he had no problem going to the DMV when he got hom and getting his ID. Basically all you need to do is send him his dress outs, and be there to pick him up. When he is released he will get his $200 gate money and a check for whatever money he might of had on his books before they closed the account. If he goes out on any fire calls after that they will send him a check in about a month and a half for what ever money he makes then.
Thank you! I was hoping you would come around to help me. I did call the P.O office but since he will be on NVP they do nothing so I guess when he walks our lives are back to normal. They did not even know where his last check would go he said that’s a good question and hopefully by then we would know the answer.
Can I visit the weekend before he gets out? He gets out on a Tuesday but I know that weekend I will not know what to do with myself.
My problem right now is trying to find resources that will help him when he gets out, since he has a college degree the P.O office said it going to be hard to find any programs that help ex-inmates find a job since he does have job skills. I knew this part would be the hardest so on to this journey ..
Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Yes you can visit the weekend before his release. I actually have a friend who had a family visit right before her husband was released and they left from the family visit together.

As for a job, have him go straight to the Employment Development Office (unemployment office) and registar with them. They can help him find a job. Also keep checking craigs list cause they list lots of jobs there. I have also heard from lots of people Temp. agencies will sometimes hire guys that have a record. That would be a good place for someone with skills to really check into. A good idea for you guys is to maybe get his resume together before he comes home this way it will be all ready to start faxing out when he gets home and is ready to start really looking. I know it will be hard but I am sure he will find something.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 PM
millersgirl

So i got a call and letter and out first family visit is March 22!!! Our wedding anniversary is the 23 or March! What great timing!!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,026 Posts

Ladies please try not to post useful information that could benefit everyone mixed in with the chats.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Banned

Well I learned my lesson you can not move a guy and two teenage boys into the same house with a older woman. It did not work out for us and C is leaving this Saturday to go to his nephews in OR. He will get there and find a job and we will both save our money and hope to meet up there in about 6 months then continue our life together. This thing about being a ex-felon is really hard cause he could not find a really good paying job here in NY and that made it harder for us. I am really depressed right now but I am sure that once he leaves and we start on our next journey I will start to feel better and it wont be to long until we are together again. We were able to survive the last two years the next few months should be a breeze.

He did give me a promise ring yesterday that when we do get back together we will be getting married.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:56 PM

Sorry to hear that Shaa but if it’s meant to be you will be back together in no time. Love always draws you back together, believe me I have tried to walk away few times in our 4yrs and we always end up back together. I will pray for you both!!
The Following User Says Thank You to riccigirl For This Useful Post:
Shari (02-23-2010)
Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
te quiero siempre

Quote:
Well I learned my lesson you can not move a guy and two teenage boys into the same house with a older woman. It did not work out for us and C is leaving this Saturday to go to his nephews in OR. He will get there and find a job and we will both save our money and hope to meet up there in about 6 months then continue our life together. This thing about being a ex-felon is really hard cause he could not find a really good paying job here in NY and that made it harder for us. I am really depressed right now but I am sure that once he leaves and we start on our next journey I will start to feel better and it wont be to long until we are together again. We were able to survive the last two years the next few months should be a breeze.

He did give me a promise ring yesterday that when we do get back together we will be getting married.
Oh Shaa.... why the HECK does loving someone bring so much HEARTACHE??? I hope the next few months pass quickly for you and C, until you can be together again.... at least you had a silver lining...(the Promise Ring), q'no?

I know in my own situation that being apart hurts soooooo much... everyday brings more wanting, more longing to be together...and the CDCR system works soooooo slow....
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
The Following User Says Thank You to Enchanted Wolf For This Useful Post:
Shari (02-24-2010)
Old 02-23-2010, 08:38 PM

Shaa,
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you and C. Hopefully things will work out for both of you in the near future.

Enchanted Wolf,
You will be together with your husband sooner than you think. Hang in there.

Love is
learning to trust
The Following User Says Thank You to GMAC98 For This Useful Post:
Enchanted Wolf (02-24-2010)
Old 02-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

TY gals for your support. I am sure this is what was in our life road plans and just another little bump in the road. It is a hard week being with him knowing that he will be leaving real soon. I know we will be together again soon but of course it is not soon enough for me. He is taking it in stride and is looking at it as a adventure in life. He will get to OR and look for a job and save money while I stay here and keep working and save money. It looks like we will be hooking up in UT in about 6 months or so. He has a really good friend there that has started a new businees and once it is up and really going wants him to go there and work with him. I am looking forward to that new phase in my life, but can it get here tomorrow please. LOL
Old 02-25-2010, 12:40 AM

God Bless You guys!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 PM

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Wow so much is happening while I have been gone! Welcome to all the new members and congrats to all the women whos men have come home
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
millersgirl

Default ~March 2010 Chit Chat~

Hope everybodys feb. flew by 1 more month down !!! I went to my 1st visit at chamberlian creek!