Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Fire Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Fire Camps Topics, Discussions and Information relating to California Fire Camps.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Default Firefighting Payment

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard about how long it takes to get paid after being paroled? My son has been out for 2 weeks now and he still hasnt gotten paid. He accumulated quite a few hours in June, July and August. His parole officer said that she will call to find out after 30 days. His books were "closed" sometime in June. When he was released he got the $200 cash and a check for what was in his account at the time his account was closed. The check was over 60 days old so that was fun trying to cash it for him. The remaining amount they said he would get later. He had at least 1200 hours for that period of time. He doesnt actually need anything but gosh he did work hard for that money. I just dont know why it takes so long.

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!bh
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Me Me Me Him

You might want to call CCC and talk to the counselor...or have him call
momuvjosh (09-09-2008)
Old 09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,417 Times in 588 Posts

It took my son about a month to get his check from his PO.
The Following User Says Thank You to PT ROSE For This Useful Post:
momuvjosh (09-09-2008)
Old 09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

Do they usually close their account so early? C is under the impression that he will get a check for all the money he has made thru Aug. and that he will only have to wait for the money he makes this month and the week or so next month. He really needs that money to pay for the program he is going into.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM

How exactly does it work with the money they get from fires and working?? My guy keeps telling me he's going to send all of his money to me so that I can save it for him, and use it to get him what he needs when he gets out... I have a feeling that he probably won't be able to do that, but I haven't said anything to him, cause it's all part of his big plan and I don't want to discourage him. Are they able to send it, or do they just eventually get a check for it after they are released?
momuvjosh (09-09-2008)
Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 PM

Fire monies are usually put on their trust account about 30 days after the month ends. (June's fire money gets put on the books in August.) The inmates can send any or all the money on his books to anyone he wants to. They just complete a trust account withdrawal form and give it to the counselor.

Normally inmates trust accounts are closed 3 weeks prior to parole for inmates in camp, 2 weeks for inmates at the institutions. But remember, if the books are closed before the fire monies are put on the books, the parole agent should get the money about 30 to 45 days after the inmate paroles. I always advised the inmates to tell the parole agent that he was expecting fire money so the parole agent could call the institution to follow up on the money. Most parole agents will make the phone call so the parolee has another reason to report the next month.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JLS For This Useful Post:
Anniko (09-09-2008), Antonio's_Wife (10-21-2008), dj40oz (09-26-2008), elizabeth99 (09-09-2008), gurlygirl323 (09-15-2008), Imani (09-09-2008), momuvjosh (09-09-2008), mylifehiswife08 (09-26-2008), pilgrim shadow (09-09-2008), Shari (09-09-2008)
Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Me Me Me Him

Thanks JLS!!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Banned

Ok so that means that all the money they made in July has just now hit their account. So if C is getting out on Oct. 11th that means his books will be closed on his B-day 9/20. So does that mean he will get all the money he made up until that point when he releases and anything after that will be sent to the parole officer, or does he only get the money he made up until the end of Aug. when he paroles and what ever he makes this month goes to the PO?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,026 Posts

Shaa,sounds like he'll get the money he made up until this point and the rest will get sent to his PO. That's how I'm reading this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imani For This Useful Post:
momuvjosh (09-09-2008)
Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 AM

I know that they can send money while they are in there. My man sent me 200 for x-mas last year. I think he had to fill out a slip and then get it approved and signed by the warrden or something like that.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Banned

C told me the other night (before the thing with the change of release date) that they closed his books and that he is getting the money he made thru July when he is being released and that what ever he maked in Aug. and Sept, and now Oct. also he will get from his PO when ever they decide to send that.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
te quiero siempre

Shaa.... I have a question... my Man says every other guy released has their checks come in from Jamestown/Sierra at LEAST a week before they are released... and he is now 5 days and a wake up away and the office claims his checks aren't there yet... and he is Freakin' OUT! Do you know anything about this?? When he asked one of the CO's they said to not worry, that it was being looked in to...
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Banned

Enchanted I really do not know what to tell you guys to do. C's check was there when I picked him up. I am not sure when it got there, but I do remember him telling me that they closed out his account like 30 days before his release. Any money he made after that (and he did) was mailed to the PO about a month or so after his release and they mailed the check to him. I am sure he will get his money but he might have to pick it up from his PO casue they might not have enough time to get it to the camp now. I know from C that the buses only go to the camps once a week and I think that is how the checks gets there. He will get his $200 gate money that has nothing to do with the check he is waiting for. I know he needs the money and I have not heard of this happening before. Everyone I know of who has picked up a loved one at camp they have had their checks when they were released. All I can say is he should keep on the LT. to find out where his check is at. Let me know what happens. Just another way for CDC to mess up our happy days. With me is they extended my happy day two weeks. LOL
Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 AM
te quiero siempre

Everything has come thru (checks, ID).... a couple of days late, but they are all ready now... Thank the Lord above (He has been hearing from me on nearly a full time basis recently....)
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31