Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Fire Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Fire Camps Topics, Discussions and Information relating to California Fire Camps.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Donation Award 

Default Thank you all!!!

Wow Thank You All SO much for your encouraging words!!!! It surelly made me feel stronger again and helps me see the brighter side: Isn't it me who was saying "Above the clouds the sun is always shining" ?!

Above the Clouds the Sun is Always Shining!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Donation Award 

Default My thoughts for today . . .

"Envisioning the results of our actions gives us a sense of purpose in our work. When we are engrossed in our duties it is easy for us to lose sight of the meaning of each of our actions—we might think that even the most routine task is something to be checked off of our to-do list. Picturing our work as less of a mundane task and more of an essential part of our evolution lets us see the ways in which the pieces of our life fit into the overall picture of our true purpose, which brings a sense of duty and responsibility to everything we do. By bringing spirit into our responsibilities, our work will help us move along the path toward greater enlightenment and understanding of our place in the world today."

Old 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts

Enchanted when I was talking about butterflies I was talking about the good ones and the bad ones. I had butterflies cause I was excited to be seeing him again and being able to leave the camp with him and spend time with him. But I also had butterflies cause I was worried about the future cause as I am sure you remember we did not have everything worked out for sure for when he got out. And those butterflies also as you remember were for real casue nothing happen like it should of after I picked him up, but things worked themselfs out and are moving along now.

I would lay in bed for like the last month and a half thinking about everything that could go right and everything that could go wrong. Then I would start stressing on the things that could go wrong. I am sure you understand what I am saying. You are in the same boat I am in, being as that we are stuck in different states than our guys it makes it a little more intense since we know we will not be there right next to them to help them thru everything they will have to work thru.

But there are all the great things to dream about and those also bring butterflies, like the ones you get when you are going to visit after not seeing him for a bit, but a little more intense cause you know he will be leaving with you this time.

I hope that made some sense I feel like I was just rambling on.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Closed

Hi ladies, I thought I would introduce myself. I am new to Fire Camp, but no stranger to PTO. We just got to Gabilan Fire Camp near Soledad! WOOO WHOOO!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Donation Award 

4Real4Ever: Welcome to this friendly place

Old 09-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Donation Award 

Default Have a Happy Thursday!

Believe in the hope that a new day is dawning.
Believe that your dreams will come true.
Believe in the promise of brighter tomorrows.
... but first:

Last edited by Anniko; 09-24-2009 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: changed picture (size)
Old 09-24-2009, 04:58 PM

Anniko I hope everything works out for you and W.

Love is
learning to trust
The Following User Says Thank You to GMAC98 For This Useful Post:
Anniko (09-24-2009)
Old 09-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Donation Award 

GMAC: Thank You so much!
I talked to him for a few minutes yesterday, and probably he'll call again tomorrow. He's very sad, but I keep asking him to have faith that everything will be ok. It has to be. He already paid for what happened, they shouldn't punish him/us anymore . . .

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

Anniko keep your head up, you are doing all you can to make sure it all goes right. Just always remember that no matter what you two still have your love for each other and the little bumps in the road (or big ones for that matter) only makes that stronger. I never thought I would make it another year 3000 miles away from C but it is almost over now and in a few months if everything goes right (fingers crossed for you and me, better do the toes also just to be safe). You know I am here if you ever need to just talk or vent and do not worry about the time difference.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:23 PM
te quiero siempre

Feeling the blues, girls.... yesterday was my birthday and we'd been saving our last 3 calls of the month to talk on my "special day"... no call came.... it's not like he didn't warn me this last weekend, the Santa Ana's were startin' up... they were on Red Alert....but I wanted to wait and hope that he would call...even a call tonight would have been nice... but no such luck... Lady Luck must be shining on someone else this week...

All I can do is keep telling myself in come next February... I at least will get my phone calls whenever I want...of course I feel like I have to print a disclaimer right there...(baring any unforeseen issues that the CDCR can find or discover or dream up before your Estimated Day of Release you will be released on such and such a day).... trying to laugh amid the tears...and it might be funnier if it weren't true....
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Old 09-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Banned

Happy Belated B-day Enchanted. I am so sorry that the stupid winds and fires in CA made you miss your call. It will come soon they always do you know the drill. I love your little disclaimer and can laugh at it now, but you also know that I know exactly what you are saying there.

I got some good news from one of our past firecamp forum gals, Soon2BMrsH, for those of you around here last Aug. when her guy got out. He was released from parole last week after 13 months. A big shout out to J, job well done. This news really gave me lots of hope that C will be here by the end of the year cause everything that happen to J at a certain point in his parole happen to C at the same time so I have a really good feeling that barring any unforseen trouble C will be off parole by the end of Nov. (13 months after his release). Fingers crossed.

Have a great weekend all, and I hope some of you get visits in.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Donation Award 

Default Enchanted: sorry I missed it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf View Post
Feeling the blues, girls.... yesterday was my birthday .

The Following User Says Thank You to Anniko For This Useful Post:
Enchanted Wolf (09-25-2009)
Old 09-27-2009, 10:59 PM
te quiero siempre

Well this past Saturday was a proxy for my birthday, day.... we talked ...mmmm...forever it seemed... we got in quite a few calls before I headed off to work and after I got off of work, I believe we got in 3 call before they shut off the phones for the night... I soooooo can't wait for us to be able to talk like "normal people"... ya know... to the average person out there it might seem like a tortureous relationship... but I am now looking forward to being able to talk to him WHENEVER I am not at work or sleeping or in the shower... I have talked about getting us some kind of family plan on cell phones when he is released... so it will cost us nothing beside the "regular" charges per month to stay in touch... and he has promised that one way or another... (it may mean me coming out to Cali... ) that we will be together for my NEXT birthday...

Sorry .... it's not to often that a girl MY age looks forward to her next birthday.... as for telling you exactly what that is?? 28 again this year....
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

Enchanted the family plan is a great idea. I finally did that with C after using up my 1400 minutes a month every month talking to him. I actually told all my friends they can not call me until after 9pm when the free night and weekends kicked in. About three months ago I put him and the boys on my plan and now we talk when ever we want and not use one minute. Now it is the two teen boys who use up all my minutes. LOL

As for the B-day I am with you on looking forward to mine next March when C and I will finally be together again. His was the 20th of this month and I kept trying to think of a way to go out there and surprise him but there was no way I was able to make that work. Next year we will be together for both our b-days.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Donation Award 

Default Happy Monday!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anniko For This Useful Post:
Enchanted Wolf (09-28-2009), GMAC98 (09-29-2009), Imani (09-28-2009), Shari (09-28-2009)
Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 PM
te quiero siempre

"and I kept trying to think of a way to go out there and surprise him but there was no way I was able to make that work." Shaa...

Ya know... it really SUCKS to be an adult with a job and responsibilities and such.... just kidding.... but I know what ya mean... I'm trying to figure out how I can be out there to pick him up and spend a couple of days with him .... sometime people don't realize the hoops you have to jump thru to make things happen...

THANKS on the info that the "family plan" is working for you... I hate to go totally Cell-- scraping the Landline, but sometimes I think it wouldn't hurt if I could find a good carrier with GREAT reception...and a good price....
Old 09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Banned

Enchanted another way to go if you do not want to give up your land line is to get him on a plan that has the numbers you can call all the time without using up your minuntes. AT&T just added that plus with them you get the rollover minutes that you can bank if you do not use all the minutes you need. (This is the one I have), Verizon has it and of course so does TMoblie. The one plan I do not recomened and that is only because C had so much trouble with it is the Metro phones. Now I know a lot of people have it and love it but I guess it depends on where you are and how it works. I guess you have some homework to do before he comes home to find just the right cell phone for both of you, and dont forget the texting C and I do it all the time when we cant talk on the phone. LOL
Old 09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Donation Award 

Default Happy Tuesday!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anniko For This Useful Post:
Enchanted Wolf (09-29-2009), GMAC98 (09-29-2009), robsgal (09-29-2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Donation Award 

Default Happy last day of September !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anniko For This Useful Post:
GMAC98 (09-30-2009), pilgrim shadow (09-30-2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 PM
te quiero siempre

Because this is my favorite month I can't believe that I am in a hurry to say

Adios September!!!

and

Hola! October!

Come on...lets get the rest of 2009 outta here!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Hey everybody i was wondering if anybody knows how long after they finish there trainiing in scc do they get transferd to camp?thank u for any info
Closed Thread