Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:28 PM

Default Transferring parole to Florida

Iím about to transfer my parole from Texas to Florida. Will Florida have any problem approving my home plan if we will be living in a fifth wheel? Itís like a large RV. We have a permant spot and a lease at an RV Park. If you know for sure please let me know ASAP!! Any info will be greatly appreciated!! God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2017, 05:59 AM

Thanked 9,870 Times in 5,545 Posts

Based upon experiences with other clients who transferred to Florida, you are NOT going to be happy in that State. They will follow the letter of your certificate and where ordinary Texas practices would exist to remove certain conditions at some point in time, Florida does not make those requests. They won't remove any conditions voluntarily.

Beyond that, however, does the request meet transfer criteria? If not, don't expect an approval.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:04 AM

What about them approving my home plan when itís a fifth wheel? Any issues there?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:31 AM

Thanked 4,053 Times in 2,178 Posts

I knew plenty of people who live in campers actually that was one of the easiest places to live.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:34 AM

Thank you sooo much!!! Anymore advice on parole in Florida? Iím coming from Texas and know nothing about Florida.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:59 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfromtexas View Post
Thank you sooo much!!! Anymore advice on parole in Florida? Iím coming from Texas and know nothing about Florida.
Well it sucks I can tell you that much!!!LOL I think it also depends on what area of Florida you live in. Has Florida already accepted you? Because Florida stopped parole many years ago, now its more like probation. My husband got compassionate release and he was basically on parole and his parole officer was a very kind older lady who came to the house because he was dying of cancer. I know someone else who was on and kept moving from place to place and went back to prison. I think though unless its a Sex Offense its pretty easy. They mainly care about whether your employed and paying any fines and complying with any stipulations, and reporting on your scheduled reporting day & time. Oh the guy who went back he gave false address not think the PO would go check so when he went to report he was arrested, not to smart. I know this because he gave my husbands address and the PO went to the landlord to verify the address!
Old 10-31-2017, 08:12 AM

I havenít been accepted yet. We just went to Fort Lauderdale and got a spot at a rv park to put our fifth wheel. Iím not a so and have never missed an appointment with my parole here or had any problems. Do they try to keep you in the county and make you ask for permission to every time you want to go to another county? Do you know approximately how often you have to report? Yall are such a huge help! Thanks for everything!!
Old 10-31-2017, 08:20 AM

I lived in Ft Lauderdale for a very long time like 38 years!! I think it depends on your PO and your restrictions. But generally if your in Broward Country your can go to Dade County, and Palm Beach County. With out having a travel permit. I lived in quite a few Campers for a few years it was fun. I actually managed a park at one time. If your going to work your going to need to be able to go across county lines if your job has traveling at all in it but I've known a few who could just report by mail because their jobs took them all over.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up!! This is helping me a ton!! Here in Texas you don’t need a travel permit unless you leave the state. So it looks like it is different there?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up!! This is helping me a ton!! Here in Texas you donít need a travel permit unless you leave the state. So it looks like it is different there?
Only if its in your rules, everyone's stipulations are different. Hopefully yours will be lax. Like years ago my husband got a DUI he worked in a bar, so he had to have it in his rules he could be around Alcohol. Otherwise he would have lost his job. I know it sounds strange but really everyone who is on parole or probation will have a list of do's and don'ts. Like even my husband when he was dying they drug tested him, it made no sense as he was getting morphine. What could they do to him he was already dying. But because he had drug charges his PO had to test him. I on the other hand was on probation years ago for drug paraphernalia, in my probation I wasn't allowed to have alcohol, yet the person who was caught with drugs could drink. I think its all in who you get and what they feel like putting in the stips. But like I said the Parole people seemed much easier to deal with and were way more lax when it came down to stuff as long as you followed their rules. I didn't even know the parole office was right on Federal Highway in Hollywood or Dania, its pretty weird you'd think ther would be a huge sign but no big sign no million cop cars. Just a building that no one really knew what it was.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM

That makes sense!! Thank y’all for being sooo helpful!!! Y’all are such a blessing!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chadfromtexas For This Useful Post:
xolady (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 08:55 AM

I hope your move goes well, any questions just ask I'm an expert on Broward County, Ft. Lauderdale!! LOL It's a very nice place to live if you can afford it!! I was left with nothing and really couldn't afford to stay down there anymore. I kind of wish I kept my Camper so I could do the snow bird thing!!! I really miss the 24-7 action where I live now in west Alabama the side walks are rolled up at 5pm.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 AM

It seemed to be a cool area! We’re moving there bc my wife got into medical school there. Hopefully I can find work as a welder as the cost of living was sooo high!!
Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
It seemed to be a cool area! Weíre moving there bc my wife got into medical school there. Hopefully I can find work as a welder as the cost of living was sooo high!!
You should be able to get a job I don't know what kind of welding you do but in Oakland park which is in Ft Lauderdale there is a few places that are steel fabrication places. Also a lot of marine places need welders. Also Trailer manufacturers are always looking for welders!! If you do underwater welding you can make a fortune!! Best of luck. I hope all goes good with Medical School for your wife!!
Old 10-31-2017, 08:27 PM

Thanked 9,870 Times in 5,545 Posts

Quote:
What about them approving my home plan when itís a fifth wheel? Any issues there?
Have never had a client who claimed a fifth-wheel as their home. The only recent experience with a client who had no ties to a State and sought to go was seeking to move for treatment and had proof of funds for the two year treatment curriculum. It was denied. It was not Florida, but was an example of seeking to move when no ties exist at the time of the application...
Old 11-01-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Have never had a client who claimed a fifth-wheel as their home. The only recent experience with a client who had no ties to a State and sought to go was seeking to move for treatment and had proof of funds for the two year treatment curriculum. It was denied. It was not Florida, but was an example of seeking to move when no ties exist at the time of the application...
He does have ties his wife is going to Medical School there. I'm sure in a lot of places living in a camper or 5th wheel would seem as if it's not a permanent residence but 1/2 of florida is camp grounds or mobile home parks. Personally I would be seeking employment ahead of any move such as I suggested.