Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Connecticut should be posted here.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:13 AM

Default Transitional Supervision vs DUI Home Confinment

Hello everyone,
This is my first post and I am very new to this but hopefully I will get some answers from you in regards to the situation my loved one is currently undergoing.

He was sentenced to 180 days (till August 2017) (120 minimum mandatory for 2nd offense DUI and 60 days for plea bargain from assault). First he was moved to Hartford CC but a week after he was transferred to Cybulski Community Reintegration Center where he is undergoing 5 weeks of DUI classes (I believe it is Tier 1 or Tier 2, an overall of 14 or 15 classes which equals to 5 weeks). He has 3 more classes to finish the DUI program.

A week ago we received a phone call from the counselor if we would like to be his sponsor and today, he received an official letter (from someone else than counselor) with a date for Transitional Supervision of May 2017 and also an Earliest Release Date of June 2017.

Here is my confusion:
1) Is Transitional Supervision the same as DUI Home Confinment?
2) What exactly is transitional supervision and is everyone actually available to leave on Transitional Supervision? I am confused because of that "Earliest Release Date of June".

Any help would be highly appreciated. I am trying to stay positive - emotionally and financially it has been very difficult for me and it's been only a little over a month since he is incarcerated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2017, 10:38 AM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,383 Posts

Hello and welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry you are facing all of this. Unfortunately I do not know the answers to your specific questions as I am in another state, but hopefully someone who knows about Connecticut law will be along soon. In the mean time we have a Husbands & Boyfriends forum that you might enjoy. You can find it HERE. Again, welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you will be very comfortable here.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:55 PM

Default Transitional Supervision

Hello Kim,

Transitional supervision is different from the DUI home confinement. Unfortunately I have learned alot about both in the last 6 months. My boyfriend is in Osborn Correctional which is about 100 yards from Cybulski. He is in for his 3rd DUI which was a violation of probation which leaves him ineligible for DUI home confinement. He is in th tier 4 program and a DUI program. He was given a year mandatory so we don't think he is eligible for transitional supervision either even though he was given a paper saying he was eligible in May, but at the bottom of the paper it said he may not qualify. It is a great sign if you received that call. Not sure if I answered your questions so feel free to ask here or privately, I've learned quite a bit since he went in, in September.

Doreen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimandDoreen For This Useful Post:
Kim91 (03-30-2017), Tina (03-28-2017)