Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Connecticut should be posted here.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 AM

Default Questions on parole eligibility, sentence modification & special probation

I'm going in for a 5 year mandatory minimum. As I understand it becasue my offense was non violent I only need to serve about 50% of that time. Would I be eligible for parole at the 50% mark or earlier ??

My lawyer has said that we could apply for Sentence Modification once I'm in, what are the chances of something like getting approved ? I know the prosecutor declined to sub my charge down when negotiating.

There has been talk about the possibility of Special probation, can that be argued so as to not be a requirement ??

I'm looking to get in and get out as quick as possible. This has been a nightmare for me and I'm never going to go back down that road again.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 11:51 PM

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,274 Times in 3,764 Posts

Sentence Mod, don't bother. My husband has been down almost 10 years and in that time he's only seen 2 guys get it and hundreds apply. His lawyer told me that less than 2% of all mods are successful. Same with Habeas filings - If you choose to do either, do not get your hopes up.

You will probably do less than 50%, if you earn good time. You earn good time by keeping out of trouble and doing something inside (work, school, programs).

Special probation, not sure about that. Did you mean special parole? Special parole is administered by the DOC, not the parole office. It's intense and lots of guys that have it end up back on technicalities - way more than on the standard parole. If it's anything like that, I'd try to negotiate it away if possible.

You will not be able to take your street sneakers in, but if you have money in your possession then it will go to your inmate account. You can buy sneakers and pretty much anything else you'll need from commissary.

Keep your head down, your nose out of other people affairs and fill your days up as much as possible. Your college degree may or may not help you get a job - these things are of little relevance in this environment... Be humble and respectfully only speak to staff when spoken to. If your family can visit and take your calls, that will really help.

Best of luck to you.
franknone (04-24-2014), patchouli (04-23-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 08:27 AM

Thanks for your help T. It's greatly appreciated.

Do you know if I wold be eligible for parole before I hit the 50% mark of the full sentence ??

Thanks