Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 PM

Hey Chocolate...Welcome to PTO!!!
Gosh, I'm not sure. If I understand you correctly, I would think he should've been out. Has he asked someone in the law library where he is to help him with it? Or the classifications officer where he is? Those would be the first places I would check. Good luck and keep us posted!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:06 PM

He filed a Habeas Corpus motion back in the beginning of April he had a court date but was never called for court even though on the Docket Master it shows that he didn't show up for court but he wasn't called for court. Anyway on the first of this month he filed for a motion for clarification of sentence and the COURT FURTHER DENIED REQUEST FOR A CONTRADICTORY HEARING (sorry I copied and paste this from the docket master). It sad again that he didn't show up for court. His charges are in New Orleans but after the storm he was sent out to Covington to BB Sixty Correctional center.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 PM

Wow...I really don't know as I'm not a lawyer or anything. I would just suggest maybe calling the state's attorney general's office. Also, maybe your state senator or rep. Keep us posted!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:56 PM

My boyfriend was sentenced to 4 years and 2 months for possession of over 28 grams of a controlled substance. This is his second offense, he only got probation for his first charge because the charge was for way less than 28 grams. The probation was for a few years (like 2 or 3) and he got off in 2005. This time he went in 7/22/08. He's taking classes like auto mechanics, truck driving, welding, and AA. And he goes to church regularly. He told me he gets 2 1/2 days off each month for the classes he is taking. Can anyone help me estimate when he will be back home to me?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:10 PM

MrsSMith...I can't tell you for sure but he should be able to see the classifications officer and find out.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
His Only Reason

ok my hubby just got sentenced today... He was on probation for 2 years with 5 years suspended... the judge amended that today and made it 2 years suspended but violated him on it and gave him 2 years on a new charge of posession of Sched 1 2nd offense to run concurrent with credit for time served.... he is a non violent offender... and has 4 1/2 months already served..
Old 05-14-2009, 09:27 PM

My estimate is that he would serve 620 days which is 85% of the 2 yr sentence. That is a year and seven months of which he has done just over 4 mos. This is only an estimate. He may be able to do more classes, etc to shorten the time. Get him to ask his classifications officer how many days he's expected to serve. Also, he will likely come up for a chance at parole after 12 mos served. Hope this helps some.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:04 PM
His Only Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyMonkey View Post
My estimate is that he would serve 620 days which is 85% of the 2 yr sentence. That is a year and seven months of which he has done just over 4 mos. This is only an estimate. He may be able to do more classes, etc to shorten the time. Get him to ask his classifications officer how many days he's expected to serve. Also, he will likely come up for a chance at parole after 12 mos served. Hope this helps some.
Someone told us that he might fall under something called the 572 act that says because he has no violent offenses that he would get 3 for 1....
Old 06-06-2009, 09:27 PM

Great! I hope he does!!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:53 PM

Default Time for revoked parole

So how ould you calculate time for revoked parole? Can they be re-paroled??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingTimeinLove View Post
Seems like a common problem for all of us is calculating time whether it be good time, parole, violent/non-violent offenses, etc. If anyone is having a problem doing the math leave the following info and maybe we can help one another...

* total number of years sentenced
* violent or non-violent offense
* 1st time offender, 2nd time offender, 3rd time offender, etc...(will say if the inmate is eligible for parole or not)
* any detainers
* extra charges for probation/parole violations
* and any other helpful information that you can think of
Old 10-12-2009, 08:34 PM

The short answer to your question is Yes...a person going back on a parole revocation can be paroled again. They will basically have to go through the same system they went through previously. It's best for your inmate to ask his Classifications officer when the earliest date for a parole hearing might be. Encourage him to get involved in anything that will increase his good-time! Many of these programs will also help him when he re-enters society.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:00 PM

Default Is He a Habitual Offender?

Since my boo hasn't actually gone to trial yet for his current problem, I don't have all that info ... currently LOST trying to make since of the habitual offender/s law in LA. Any help? He has a prior offense for possession (sentenced to a year DOC which hasn't started yet) but no distribution/manufacturing/etc - does that count in the calculation ... his new issue is shaping up to be unauthorized entry to non-inhabited dwelling - it is a felony but not violent? Would a conviction be a 2nd offense and he lose chance of parole? Any help sorting through this would be SOOOO much appreciated!

Quote:
Seems like a common problem for all of us is calculating time whether it be good time, parole, violent/non-violent offenses, etc. If anyone is having a problem doing the math leave the following info and maybe we can help one another...

* 1st time offender, 2nd time offender, 3rd time offender, etc...(will say if the inmate is eligible for parole or not)
* any detainers
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
he's my heart & soul

Hi my question is simple..my fiances' erd date is feb 17, 2010 and his max date is may 19, 2010, he is currently in work release. Would he get out in feb or may? He has no new charges or write ups. We keep getting conflicting answers, so im confused..sorry!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Diane Stephens

Does the rap sheet say that it's for R.S. 14:37 Aggravated Assault? And are there any notations on the rap sheet that say anything further in explanation? The second thing I would do is to call the prison where he is and ask to speak to "Records". Ask them why the change came about but be very cordial about it so they will work with you. It could very well just be an error that has to be corrected. Does he have any other convictions? Did they say anything about him being a second offender in court? Is the 2010 date his good time date or parole date? Is the 2012 date a good time date or parole date? What is his full term date and what is his current sentence on the Aggravated Battery charge? It's very hard to determine what was done without seeing a rap sheet. That's why you have to talk to "Records". They are usually very helpful in these kind of matters. Good Luck!

Thank you!
Diane Stephens

www.changeivreal.com

Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Diane Stephens

There are some misdemeanors that can be used to enhance a subsequent felony and aggravated assault may very well be one if he had an aggravated battery later.

Thank you!
Diane Stephens

www.changeivreal.com

Old 11-03-2009, 03:51 PM

Louisiana has a couple of new sentencing ACT which determine the GT (Good Time Release Date). Some ACT's are not eligible for GT release which means that you have (Flat Time) requiring you to do 100% of your sentence. Time calculations in Louisiana can be difficult to estimate because of other factors. Such as; was he out of bond while he awaited trial, did the judge order credit for time served while he was in jail awaiting trial, has he had write-ups where he went before the disciplinary board and had good-time taken away. These are just some of the factors that can change his GT release date. DOC is slow to get current Master Prison Records (RAP SHEET) out because before they can estimate the time, the Clerk of Court in the parish he was sentenced has to forward all the sentencing documents to them first. If your loved one needs a Master Prison Record, have him fill-out an ARP and mail it to DOC Baton Rouge at this address below. DOC will have 45 days to respond to the APR.

Louisiana Department of Corrections
ATTN: Mrs. Linda Ramsay
Capitol Station
P.O. Box 94304
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9304
The Following User Says Thank You to bennstyle For This Useful Post:
KennyKamm (11-03-2009)
Old 05-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Marve's Lady

Default calculating time

Quote:

* any detainers
My fiance was sencenced to 5yrs for violation of parole (nothing violent)just didn't go to probation officer ever.This is first offense. He said that the public defender told him he would be released in November 2011 because of time already served. When he got his rap sheet it said his release date was March 6,2012 and he would be eligble for parole on July 16-2011. He was arrested on February 16,2010. He says D.O.C has not calculated his time right.And he wants to request another rap sheet.Could this be possible?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:51 PM

act 572 is full of bull my honey fell under that law and they only took 6months off his time of 5years he went to jail in 07
Old 09-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Question about RAP sheet.
Sentence was 7 years with sredit for time served, non violent, and not classified as multiple offender.

Sheet has a FTD of 10/6/2016, PED of 4/6/2013, and a DS DT of 12/28/2012.
We believe he should be out 12/28/2012 but why is the parole date after that in 2013? Sheet says eligible for parole but I'm confused as to when.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Diane Stephens

His Parole date is after doing half the sentence but the new good time law is 35 days earned for every 30 days served so he will good time out before he is parole eligible. See, prior to the new good time law, he his parole date and good time date would have been the same. The reason they still have the parole date is because he could lose good time for disciplinary action then he could use his parole eligibIlity.
The Following User Says Thank You to diane135130 For This Useful Post:
Sunny920 (09-14-2010)
Old 09-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Diane Stephens

Call the records department at Hunt Correctional Center in St. Gabriel and talk to Henry Goins. He is the expert!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
[url=http://www.TickerFac

Default Does not make sense

My husband was told by judge (not in open court) that his would receive 3 years HL and 7 years parolle if he plead guilt to DWI 4th. Prior convictions for DWI's were 2 -1st, and 1-2nd) His attorney made sure that he would get the 2/1 goodtime prior to knowing about 35/30. His attorney told us that he would be out in 18 months worst case scenerio. He has not received his master record, (he has only served 67 days as of today) but when he was transfered he saw the sentencing that they sent with him which stated Sentence to 10 years of which "5 years suspended". Now he and I are both confused. I know his rap sheet is full of mistakes which have never been corrected. If am going to get the minutes to make sure he understood what they told him. This was in the judges chambers not in open court. If what the attorney explained to us prior to his accepting the plea then how much of the time would he have to serve in jail of the 3 years?
Old 09-26-2010, 07:39 PM
[url=http://www.TickerFac

Default I found the answer but have another ?

I called the number and his release date is 12/5/2011. It said "earliest release date" What does that exactly mean? He was sentenced 3 years and this would be approximatly 16 months. Does that mean that he can not get into a program ie education, Substance abuse or ministry and receive additional good time?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 PM

Is sex offenders considered violent? I have a friend that plead no contest for juvenille molestation. He took the plea because he was scared and had a horrible attorney. He got 10 with 4 suspended.. Parole in 2yrs but I think because of this new law he got his Rap with parole in 1yr. He is under act 1209, with the new bill can he even earn good time. The other guys in jail say yes but I only find old articles online and it says no but he is a 1st offender with a squeeky clean record. Not even a speeding ticket. Is there a chance of parole on your first time up? And what about the good time?
Old 10-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Diane Stephens

Can you tell him to send you his rap sheet? I'd have to see it first or you can call recored dept where he is and ask some ont to explain it to you. I don't see it under 14:2 which is the list of violent crimes. Act 1209 used to mean you served the whole sentence without good time but I'm not sure about parole eligibility....really need the exact R.S. Number off his rap sheet to tell you more.