Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Staffer on LOA

Default FB Message from friend of Victim w/ update

Okay everyone I am in need of your opinions and some advice. My husband received a FB message from a friend of the victim. What happened was this guy was on one of the ones that was involved in a fight with my husband and his friends. Well his friend ended up passing away that night and this guy that send a fb message to my husband survived. Well since then my husband was in TDCJ for 16 years before he was paroled. His friends that were involved are currently still in TDCJ. Well on Sept 5th it will be 3 years since my husband has been paroled and crazy as it sounds Sept 5th is also the anniversary of the death of the person that died in the fight. Well on July 17th my husband received 2 fb messages from the friend and he didn't even get them until last week. The messages didn't go to his direct inbox instead they were sent to the section that said other. Well last week my husband noticed that the section said other and he clicked on it right then he saw 2 messages from the friend. This is what he said:

1st message: "If this is the First Name, Last name that I know, I will see you soon."
2nd message: "Send your mother and fiance to my house, claim 2 in the name of Jesus"

Okay this is where I need some outside opinions and advice. When I read these two message of course my heart stopped. In my opinion I feel that these two messages are threats to our family. First off inorder for him to even contact my husband he had to search for him on fb so he was activily going out to seek him. So it bothers me when he tells my husband he will see him soon. We don't live in the same county or area where my husband used to live or was sentenced. We have moved about 45 min away but my mother in law not only lives in the same county as this guy she also lives in the same small town. So I'm worried that this guy knows this and possibly even knows where my mother-in-law lives and could be looking for husband there or around town. Sometimes we do go and visit with her and spend the weekend with her. The second thing that worries me is when he tells him to send his mother and fiance (we are now married but he may not know that) to his house claim 2 in the name of Jesus. Claim 2 in the name of Jesus is what worries me. To me it sounds like he is claiming to take the lives of us inorder to seek justice for his friend. I don't know this is just all so creepy to me and I need other peoples opinions. Am I reading this all wrong? To me is sounds like he hasn't healed from that night and is now seeking revenge on my husband and his family. I told my husband to notify his PO what is going on. My husband never responded back to this guy and I wonder should we also contact the county/city police and try to get a retraining order against this guy. On Sept 5th weekend we had planned for my mother in law to watch my son at her house, however now I am extremely worried. Like I said I have no idea if this guy knows where my mother in law lives and if he finds out that my husband has a son it scares me even more what he could do to my son. So instead my mother in law will be staying with us that weekend. I am just so scared and worried this is juat all to creepy for me. Any thoughts or advice is greatly needed!!!

Last edited by *Quia*; 08-26-2011 at 07:17 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Blessed Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,745 Posts

You have every right to be concerned. If I was in your shoes, I'd be on the phone to the local police department and filing charges for terrorist threat and then seeking a restraining order. You have to let this guy know he can't taunt you, Abel or your family. I can definitely understand why they want to seek revenge but what's done is done. Abel can't change that fact. Your family's safety comes first so do what you need to do and do it as soon as possible. I hope all else is going well with you all! Hugs!

I claim 2013 will be our best year thus far!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReggiesLady For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (08-26-2011), closer2mydreamz (08-26-2011), TIFFKENDALE (09-02-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
until the end of time

That is a very creepy/scary situation… I agree with ReggiesLady, the safety of your family comes first… do something as soon as possible. I am not the one in this situation but it bothers me a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to mysweetlove For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:35 AM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,562 Posts

I also agree w/ ReggiesLady PLEASE contact the local police and get them involved!

The Following User Says Thank You to closer2mydreamz For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Staffer on LOA

Thank you all for your support. For a moment there I thought I was crazy and reading too much into this, however ya'lls post and support let's me know that I am not crazy. I just talked to my mother in law (she now works for the county in which my husband was sentenced for almost 10 years now) well she is going to contact the police office as well as talk to the investigators department to see what it is that we can do in this situation. Like I said my husband never responded back and we have also saved those messages. She too is very worried and concerned for her and our safety. I will keep you all posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to *Quia* For This Useful Post:
closer2mydreamz (08-26-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 08:41 AM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,089 Times in 917 Posts

Hi Quia - I agree with the others, plus you can also report to Facebook and block people on Facebook.
The Following User Says Thank You to JaycieDnTejas For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Account Closed

I very much agree with what others are saying. You are doing the right things--contacting authorities and talking with his family. Good luck with this! You and his family are in my prayers!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 AM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Quia* View Post
Thank you all for your support. For a moment there I thought I was crazy and reading too much into this, however ya'lls post and support let's me know that I am not crazy. I just talked to my mother in law (she now works for the county in which my husband was sentenced for almost 10 years now) well she is going to contact the police office as well as talk to the investigators department to see what it is that we can do in this situation. Like I said my husband never responded back and we have also saved those messages. She too is very worried and concerned for her and our safety. I will keep you all posted.

Please keep us updated!! Sending a prayer up for your family! I hope the person was just making a useless threat, but you can never be too sure. So contacting the police is the right thing to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to closer2mydreamz For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM
My Heart is N Texas

I agree with the others. Please report it to the local police. I will keep you in my prayers!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dc's girl For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 01:03 PM

I know I'm chiming in late, but absolutely get whatever restraining order you can and let P.O. know. Also, just a thought, but maybe change your location on the FB page where you list that information, or just get off FB, I know FB is pretty innocent for most, but anybody can find you when you put yourself out there, so maybe just get off it or throw the guy off and say you live somewhere else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myguysinmoco For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Son to Afghanistan 11/11

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,288 Posts

Please let us know how it goes when it's reported.

Thats just scary, hun. You bet you are right to be concerned. I agree...I would get rid of as much info on FB as possible.

Should maybe your hubby tell his PO about it? I kinda agree with that.

We are thinking about you and you guys take care.

Tracy

Formerly Known as Joshiesmom
The Following User Says Thank You to Tracy For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 AM
Loving and Longing

I could not agree more with what the others have said. Please notify the police from your original county as well as where you are now, both counties need to know what is going on so that they can work together. Also, if I'm not mistaken, making threats of bodily harm over the internet is a federal offense - I would check into that as well. As far as fb goes, I know that they have a way to "report a harassing message" and you should definitely do that too. That way there is that additional action taken on your part to keep you all safe.
You are in my thoughts.
The Following User Says Thank You to grmnclt_gurl For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Til death do us part

You and your family are in my prayers! Please please keep us posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meggers421 For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Blessed Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,745 Posts

Glad you all are going to report it. Let us know how it goes!

I claim 2013 will be our best year thus far!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ReggiesLady For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts

Just seeing this and wanted to say you are in my thoughts. I hope that someone is able to help you and can at least get a RO against the man and let him know you aren't interested in playing the game with him.

Keep us posted !
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 AM
MrsT
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,763 Times in 868 Posts

wow. this was not really a smart thing for this person to do. They were not even sure it was the person they wanted to do whatever it is they want to do to. They're fishing; who knows how may FB profiles they've dropped that message to.

All the suggestions the others have given are really good. Be safe!

Last edited by OneOfMany; 08-29-2011 at 09:19 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfMany For This Useful Post:
*Quia* (09-02-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Staffer on LOA

Hey everyone...I just wanted to give you all an update. First all thank you so much for your support and prayers. They are heart felt!! Well my mother in law talked with an investigator in the county she works at. He told her that this was something not to take lightly. That we have every right to be concerned and that yes indeed we needed to have this documented and looked into. He then told my mother in law to contact the county in which she lives in (and it is the same county in which this guy lives in) to file a report. He gave her the number of a person to contact. He said that if we could get his full name and date of birth that it would help out so much, otherwise he was worried that if we only gave them the person's first and last name that they would just sit on it until they were able to research the name. Thank God we have that information, it is in all the court documents that we have from my husband's case. The issue now was to search for it as we have all that boxed up in the atic. Well with me being 5 month pregnant I couldn't just go up in the atic with my husband to search through all the boxes so poor thing had to do it on his own. He found the info yesterday and gave it to my mother in law. We also send her a screen shot of the fb message to give to the investigator. She said she was going to call them and ask them what the best way to handle the situation. Either way she was going to call today to report it. My husband has a PO meeting coming up next week so he is also going to report it to him as well. So basically that is where we are with everything. We are in the process of reporting it not sure what they told my mother in law but I will keep everyone informed. as for his fb account we have everything on private. Only friends can view any info. Yea that was the first thing we did I don't like the idea that anyone can look at your things so we agreed to go the private route. I forgot to tell him to report the issue to fb. That will be our next move..Again thanks everyone so much!!

Last edited by *Quia*; 09-02-2011 at 02:47 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Quia* For This Useful Post:
britecloud (09-03-2011), closer2mydreamz (09-02-2011), ReggiesLady (09-06-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,642 Times in 673 Posts

It sounds like you guys have things under control. It has been my experience that people determined to do harm make no threats ... they just do it. In that regard I think the idiot just wants to scare you guys, but that does not mean not to take it very serious ... which obviously you have. Don't sit on anything. I mean, any and every contact document it and turn it over, no matter if it seems note worthy or not. I have a feeling once this moron knows he's being watched by law enforcement he'll back off. From my perspective his FB message was another way of saying "I'm a coward" anyway.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Staffer on LOA

Real Checker...that is exactly what my husband said. He doesn't think the guy will do harm but still he agrees we need to have it documented.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:09 PM
MS. D*I*V*A
Donation Award 

Glad you guys still had the info to provide from the case! Thanks for the update.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Loving life in spite of..

Glad you guys are taking steps to get the right people involved. Thanks for the update and hope it works out for you guys!

"Life is all about love"

Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 PM

I too agree with everyone who has posted. Talk to the police and let them advise you on what to do. Safety is first! This is what they are paid for. Let them earn it. Keep us posted.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Loving and Longing

Thanks for the update! Very glad to hear that the police are involved and helping you guys with the process. Be safe and please keep us updated. You will be in my thoughts.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:14 AM

I'm glad you guys are taking care of this. You don't know what his intension are. Good luck!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:19 AM
MrsT
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,763 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Checker View Post
people determined to do harm make no threats ... they just do it... From my perspective his FB message was another way of saying "I'm a coward" anyway.
Those were my thoughts too.

It's great though that the police department is taking this very seriously and that this is being documented.