Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Account Closed

Default Anyone ever dealt with US dictrict courts?

Im will try and make this as short as possible.....last year my husband was given 3 major cases in a time frame of 10 days due to not keeping up with work. He had surgery on his foot back in November 2010 and had been on medical restriction all this time. He was suppose to be receiving physical therapy medical boots and more...anyways for some reason his restrictions were removed and he was put back on field squad and had no idea his restriction had been removed. Well he recieved these cases for not keeping up and then didnt go one day because he had put in for medical to evaluate his foot as he wasnt able to walk on it. After going round and round with filing grievances and emailing the ombudsman and speaking with the unit medical staff he was placed back on medical restrictions like within 2 weeks of all this happening. So nothing was done with his grievances and the ombudsmans office was no help so here we are all thes months later and he has submitted his case to the US District Courts Norhern Division along with all the medical records and exhibits and such. I spoke with the court yesterday and they said they have ordered the OAG to respond within 60 days so that next month we should know the outcome. Has anyone ever dealt with the courts and had success in them over turning the cases. His line class was dropped to an L3 and thats the only thing he wanting back is his line class because of parole coming up thi summer. I mean even if they dont over turn them he will be reveiwed for his line class and custody level on or around August 5th which is before his parole review. He has not had any cases at all and he is still on medical restriction and may be looking at another surgery for nerve damage in his foot.....any input advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2012, 03:33 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,497 Posts

Yes, I remember someone I did time with….somewhere….and the part about “they have ordered the OAG to respond within 60 days so that next month we should know the outcome” rings a bell. His situation didn’t turn out the way the way he’d hoped for and it was to do with a medical issue. He’d said that his wife was going to contact their state representative about the matter. He caught chain to another unit about that time and so I don’t know what came of it all.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Account Closed

Thanks for responding I will be sure to post an update once we get the decision ....