Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 04-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Default Medical Treatment at Farmington

My dad is 80 and I was just notified by his roommate that he was taken to the hospital for chest pain and shortness of breath. I tried to call Medical and was told that only the director could talk to me and she won't be in till Monday. Does anyone have experience or could help/guide me on how to ensure that my father gets the best medical care possible? Does anyone know how they notify you if your loved one passes?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2019, 07:48 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,617 Times in 15,971 Posts

Hi missmydadbadly, does anyone have a HIPPA and POA for your Dad? If so, that's the person that has your Dad's notarized permission to be privy to his medical info. I hope your Dad is ok I can't answer your questions, but did want to send Get Well Wishes for your Dad.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-20-2019, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,611 Times in 2,997 Posts

I'm late in replying, and I hope you've figured this out by now. You can also try calling the Officer In Charge (general prison line, ask for the Officer In Charge) and see if you can visit your dad in the hospital.

You have much support from me - my Dad also ended up in the hospital, and trying to get information was not easy, even with the HIPPA forms.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 06:31 AM

I am just seeing this, but it definitely caught me attention..I know that it has been a few days since original start of thread..My thoughts will be with you through this Easter Holiday weekend and the days to follow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amjer For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-21-2019), patchouli (04-20-2019)