Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:27 AM

Default I have questions! Picked up PV, how long til he can call me?

My boyfriend is a state inmate. He was picked up on a parole violation and sent to Berks County jail. Within 2 weeks he was transferred to Lackawanna County Jail and spent 6 weeks there. Last week they transferred him to SCI-Waymart. I haven't heard from him since he called to tell me he was being moved. I called Waymart last week and the person I spoke to said all he could tell me is he can't make a call right now on his account. He was a psychologist and was nice to look it up for me.

How long until I hear from him? I read 2 weeks, but that was just googling this question. I also sent him an email on Connect Network, will he get that right away or are they holding it until he's in gen pop? He said he had to do some program and get these signatures and then he will be released. Now that he's moved to Waymart, does he have to start all over?!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2019, 04:43 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,617 Times in 15,971 Posts

If he is in SCI-Waymart for reception, he'll first have to submit a phone list for approval and receive his pin #. The exact time-frame most likely depends on how many new inmates there are applying for phone calls and whether or not Staff is shorthanded. Here is a PDF of an Inmate Handbook (2017) to help you navigate PA DOC:

https://www.cor.pa.gov/About%20Us/Do...20Handbook.pdf

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LiLCJ9142 (04-02-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 09:02 AM

I got a letter yesterday. He said he is in the hole for 7 days. I have no idea why since he didn't elaborate. I wrote him asking why, but we all know how long that will take to get a response especially having to send the letter to FL now. Is being sent to the hole just a punishment or is it because he was transferred and that's part of the intake? He said he will call as soon as he can, but it will take time to put my number on his list. He doesn't have any of his property either from the jail so hopefully he memorized my number. I would think calling me everyday he would know it by now. He also said he should be released the same time as we expected, but there's no actual release date. This is very frustrating. Thank you for your response on my questions though!
The Following User Says Thank You to LiLCJ9142 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 01:08 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,617 Times in 15,971 Posts

I'm not real familiar with PA, but he may be in the Hole waiting on a bed to open up, maybe (?) I sure hope he didn't get a ticket right off the get-go!

Here in Kentucky, you don't get to keep anything you take with you from County to Prison....its best to give it away before being transferred to someone who has nothing and gets no money put on their books

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LiLCJ9142 (04-09-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 06:50 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,260 Posts

He was most likely placed in the RHU because he has to be "cleared" into population. They take about a week to do the medical screening and also collect his records to ensure there's no reason why he can't be in GP.

Because he was in the RHU, they should have printed the email and delivered it to him.

They may be able to reinstate his last approved phone list rather than have him start all over again. It would depend on how long he was out.

Mail to FL is now being moved faster. Letters postmarked on Monday here are reaching inmates by Friday.
fbopnomore (04-07-2019), LiLCJ9142 (04-09-2019), patchouli (04-07-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 02:52 PM

I got another letter. Now my letters that were sent to the county are being returned so I'm getting them back out to him. Still no phone call though. It's been 2 weeks now. So I'm hoping any day I will hear from him. He also got all his property back from the county, which is good!
The Following User Says Thank You to LiLCJ9142 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-10-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:38 AM

Still on phone list approved. I've called. They have one person working part-time and she handles three different facilities. Outrageous! But there's absolutely nothing that can be done.

I attempted to visit also, got turned away due to my jeans. The person in front of me got turned away and the person behind me too. They state you can't wearing leggings. Some people got through with jeans though. I'm so confused. I'm stuck wearing sweatpants I guess. We were able to get a virtual visit, but I spent most of the time saying "can you hear me?" Ugh, frustrating.