Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:56 PM

Default Recent experiences with finding places approved to send cassette tapes?

Anyone have any recent experience with finding places approved to send cassette tapes? I've not had much luck finding places.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2019, 04:08 PM

Walmart dot com is an approved vendor that still sells cassette tapes. But I don’t know if any commissaries still sell cassette players.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:37 AM

find out from your LO or call the prison and ask them if cassette players are available to the inmates.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:41 AM

I haven't tried or looked for cassette tapes but I have sent CD's to Yuma that were accepted from musicbymail.com & Barnes and noble. The CD I sent from barnes and noble was actually from another seller that I guess sells through the barnes and noble site so I was worried they wouldn't accept it but he did.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
I haven't tried or looked for cassette tapes but I have sent CD's to Yuma that were accepted from musicbymail.com & Barnes and noble. The CD I sent from barnes and noble was actually from another seller that I guess sells through the barnes and noble site so I was worried they wouldn't accept it but he did.
Music by mail no longer accepted by Yuma. You lucky you got a CD in from a 3rd party vendor. That's a no no
Old 05-16-2019, 07:36 PM

That’s odd. He just recently got one from music by mail.
Maybe it’s the unit.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
That’s odd. He just recently got one from music by mail.
Maybe it’s the unit.
Maybe. Idk. My LO told me like 2 weeks ago there was a memo up in the pod.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:28 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,487 Times in 584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
Music by mail no longer accepted by Yuma. You lucky you got a CD in from a 3rd party vendor. That's a no no
Quote:
That is what caused them to stop allowing Amazon - there were so many 3rd party vendors on Amazon and loved ones were using the 3rd party vendors not understanding or ignoring that doing so was against the rules, along with the mailroom not being able to tell the difference or denying them being too much work.

But, if the 3rd party vendor is another name bookstore (such as Bookmans) and not an individual or individually owned business, and it is shipped directly from that other allowed vendor (Bookmans) then it doesn't violate the rules.

A few years ago, when I discovered a book was available through Bookmans at a much cheaper price, I contacted them to confirm they were allowed to send items to Arizona State Prisons. If you find a place that has what you want, they should know if they are allowed to or have previously sent items to AZ prisons. Barnes & Noble costs me so much more than Amazon; it makes me really annoyed when I have to use them.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:11 PM

I have asked him, he says that he is allowed a Cassette player but no DVD players where he is at. So trying to find a place that will send cassette tapes that Arizona Prisons will accept. So like I said, any ideas are GREATLY appreciated.