Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 PM

Default He HAS go to shelter after max out date due to post release supervision?

Hello I know I asked this before at least I think I did post something similar. I went to visit my husband last night and our conversation went something like this . He told me that his counselor or someone in that authority told him that he “ HAS” go to a shelter after his max out date due to the post release supervision and tell them he has a place to go which is my address and that they will do the paperwork for it . Now I know that he can come to my house but the way he was explaining it was as if it was mandatory for him to go as the facility rules state it. Will the shelter do the paperwork and faster then his facility or what so you think is going on? Any info would be helpful thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2019, 08:15 PM

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,539 Posts

If I remember correctly, didnt you move out of state? If so, he would need to file an interstate compact.

Or is there an issue with where you live? Is it government assisted housing? Or your landlord would deny it?

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (05-12-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
If I remember correctly, didnt you move out of state? If so, he would need to file an interstate compact.

Or is there an issue with where you live? Is it government assisted housing? Or your landlord would deny it?

You are right I did move out of state and I am aware of interstate compact but my question is that even if he has a steady place to go to that being my house wouldn’t the facility want to send him here or is it too much paperwork for them to want to do . I know I am not the only place in the world that loved ones go to their significant others house . The way my husband was telling me this Saturday night was that he has to go to the shelter first and get a transfer to me.. I don’t know if they are lying to my husband or if it’s a faster way to come home is that to have to go back to the county of commitments where the incident happened but I don’t get why that is . I can understand if he has no where to go
Old 05-13-2019, 05:48 AM

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,539 Posts

Unless he submits that paperwork, they would not know he has a stay place to go. The receiving state has to approve it as well.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:07 PM

Did you send a notarized letter stating you would be financially and otherwise support him to his guidance counselor? Do that. They submit to interstate bureau. The states communicate. Sometimes the decision does not come prior to his release. In that case, since he has no other address in this state to submit, he goes to shelter at LKA. The interstate process does not stop. He reports to PO within 24hrs. The PO then takes over for counselor, and keeps him updated on how the process is going.
****this is if interstate DOES NOT give answer prior to release. If they answer positively that’s great. But there must be a plan “B”.