Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC Topics & discussion related to probation, parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC in Mississippi. All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Mississippi should be posted here.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:24 PM

Question Extradition from other states for probation violation

I would like to know if anyone has ever been extradited to Mississippi from another state and what states.
My boyfriend was just arrested on a probation warrant from Mississippi and we're in Montana. Will Mississippi come get him from here?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2015, 05:56 AM

Thanked 11,108 Times in 6,008 Posts

If he was arrested out of State, then they published it in NCIC...and NCIC guidelines require a State be willing to extradite if they publish it nationwide.

Any decision, however, will not be made until local charges are disposed of. Further, even if they do not come pick him up THIS time, it WILL be republished. If they do not come get him, he needs to figure out how to get it taken care of, even if it means going back to MS and self-surrendering.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Lark3311 (07-24-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 01:54 PM

My man was extradited from New Mexico back to Mississippi. It was parole violation (absconding) Any state will go to another for extradition, especially if it's parole/probation. He is still in transport so I haven't heard from him and won't until he gets back to MS.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:50 PM

I know nothing about Montana or Mississippi laws, all I can talk about is my own experience. I was extradited from MD to NJ, and it was miserable. I had to be in quarantine the whole time in the MD county jail until NJ came to get me, and they had 30 days to do so... they took their sweet time (probably about 20 days). That was time that I was not allowed to post bail and that was time that did not count towards my jail credits when I was later sentenced. And yes, it is the state doing the extraditing that's responsible for transport, I believe.