Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Banned

Default Why Is It Taking So Long For His Phones To Get Turned On???

He got to ASPC-Tucson Dec. 28 and he has been trying to call me everyday he said in his letter but the phones are still not switched on.

Does he have to get a new PIN or something when he transferred from Buckeye?

Why is it taking so long? My baby keeps writing and telling me he keeps trying to call but the phones are not set up at the new unit yet, he tells me not to worry and just be patient. BUT I CAN'T !!!!! I'M IMPATIENT.

I miss him so much. I haven't heard his voice for 2 weeks now.

-Frustrated
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2007, 08:43 AM

im in the same boat honey.......... no call for a month now.... ans still waiting

Old 01-19-2007, 11:44 PM

mine has been in douglas and its been 2mths i havent been able to get a phone call or a visit! i keep calling up there and she told me that it takes a month for your info to get processed and than another 3 weeks for the background check to come back and she said that, thats how it is at every prison, so feb 8th will be 3mths so hopefully i will get approved very very soon, man my hubby comes home in april so its not that bad but still this is just cruel
Old 01-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Aimee

DOC policy states that the visitation staff have 30 days to approve or deny you, from the date that they receive your application. You guys who are waiting for months and months should probably complain to the warden at the prison and see if that moves it along any faster, because they are way outside of their time frames.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
N*HIZ*SOUL*4EVA

OKAY IM IN CALIFORNIA AND MY HUSBAND IS ON HIS WAY TO ARIZONA ARE YOU TELLING ME THERE IS A PROCESS YOU HAVE TO GO THREW TO GET PHONE CALLS? SO WHEN MY HUSBAND GETS THERE HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CALL? OH HAYDES NO

THEREFORE I SAY UNTO YOU, WHAT THINGS SOEVER YE DESIRE, WHEN YE PRAY, BELIVE YE RECIVE THEM, AND YE SHALL HAVE THEM (MARK 11:24)
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Love my husband~AZ Alumni
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,001 Times in 760 Posts

Lanelle, is your husband going to a state prison here, or a private prison? If it's state, yeah you'll have to wait to get approved for his visitation list, but if it's a private prison it may be different. Hope you hear from him soon! Lisa
Old 02-13-2007, 07:14 PM

Tim is at Douglas( got there jan 18th ) and of course I had just gotten my number changed.I'm on his visiting and phone list, but he put in the paperwork on feb 1st to get the number changed and today is the 13th , almost 2 weeks and no call yet!!!I miss not hearing his voice too.SUX BIG TIME !!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:25 PM

My fiance is in Florence since 01/10/07. We have visits but no phone calls. I know that the phone system in Florence in Antiquated and thye did not work for over 24 hours. In fact I called today they said that they were again having phone problems. So I guess we just need to be patient. Thank God we get weekly 2 hour visits now or I would be pulling my hair out.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 PM

same boat no phone call for me either I have been waiting 3 weeks.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Donation Award 

I am new to this whole situation. My boyfriend is at ASPC-Yuma, Cocopah Unit. He landed in the middle of nowhere on Sept. 10th. I got my visitation application sent back to Yuma on Sept 15. I had read about all the problems that everyone else has had getting approved, so I was very persistant. I called the visitation department every day from Sept 20 (except the weekends). I found out that I was approved yesterday, Oct 4th. Now I was wondering if there is any process on getting the phones working. I had previously called the AT&T Budget Billing to set up my cell phone to receive phone calls from ASPC-Yuma. I called them again yesterday and they said that everything looks fine and that I should be able to get the calls. I get letters everyday from him and he is saying that he is trying to call me everyday, but the calls are not going through. I assumed before it was because I was not approved, but now I am. I called and spoke with a Lt. last night and he told me that he should be able to call me, but obviously he isn't. What do I try next???
Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Donation Award 

Just for people's information. I just got off the phone with the visitation officer. She said that there is ANOTHER form that the inmate has to fill out and submit for approval for phone calls. I just looked up the form number on ADC website. It is form 915-1P. Good luck everyone!! Let's learn from each other.