Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Sent bible, he still hasn't gotten it

Ok, so we sent our family friend a Bible at his request. We sent it from Walmart and it was leather bound. It should have gotten there btw Wednesday and Thursday of last week. He still hasn't seen it. Do you think that it is lost? Rejected because it was leather bound? Still being processed? How long does it take for inmates to get books. He's at MCC chicago.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 AM

It's hard to respond with any certainty because every prison has its own rules of what is/isn't allowed. You ought to call that particular institution before ever mailing anything to make sure if it's on the approved list of items. Some items are approved but only from certain vendors.

With that said, how long ago did you have this Bible sent? My friend typically doesn't receive packages we mail until 1-3 months after we've sent them, often due to lockdowns at the facility he's in.

Welcome to dealing-with-the-prison life...
Mt. 25:34-36... "...'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in...I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"
Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Donation Award 

Have you checked with Walmart to make sure it was delivered? There may have been some kind of delay through them.

藕断丝连
The lotus root snaps, but its fibers stay joined.
Said of people (especially lovers) that still remain in contact though apparently separated.
Separated but still in each other's thoughts.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I called Walmart. They said it was delivered. Called the prison, they said that if it was delivered it is probably in the mail room and the leather binding wouldn't make a difference. just no hard cover. Thanks for all your help and insight!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,545 Times in 3,575 Posts

Before Ben transferred it only took about 7 days from shipment to delivery for him to get his books. From what I've seen from some other posts on here, that is record time. I haven't mailed any to the new facility yet. Hopefully your friend will get his new Bible soon.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Missing my Brother
Donation Award 

For some reason here in michigan it took my brother several weeks to get his bible unlike other books I had sent him. hrmmm...