Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to the Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Alabama.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:25 PM

Default Receiving phone calls

Does anyone know how someone can bypass the waiting 6 mos for phone calls? Apparently we missed the cutoff my one month and now have to wait till May. This is very discouraging for him and it breaks my heart. Also do you have to wait to have a special visit from out of state? UGH
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
RT (R)

He can put a special request in to get your number approved. My fiance did that and it only took a week or two to get it approved.
As far as the special visit goes, in whatever search engine that you use, type in alabama department of corrections, then click on administrative regulations, go down to AR 303. That is the visitation regulations form. You can read about what they will allow to grant a special visit.

Last edited by mayberrygirl; 01-31-2008 at 07:05 PM..
Old 01-31-2008, 11:49 PM

My husband just left Limestone (9 year stay) and I believe I can be of some assistance to you. How long has your man been there? If he is just getting there he will fill out a new phone list and you don't have to wait. If he has been there a while and has to add you phone number you can call 256-233-4600 (LCF) and ask for classification, ask them to edit the phone list by giving them you old number to remove and then give them the new number to add. He can also pull some strings himself by connecting with that office on the inside, he's just gotta be smooth and persistant abou the situation. About the visitation, call that same number and ask them for the dates of his visitation by giving them his last name. When they give you the information you can go to anyone of those visits JUST BE THERE EARLY!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:54 AM

He has been there since Aug. but we just got in touch in Dec. He put in a request to have me added and they said not until May. I don't know if that means I have to wait until May till I can be on the visit list or not. It is so confusing.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
GO Yankees!!

They have the option of adding or removing someone from there list every 6 months. Tell him to go back to his classification officer, some times they will make exceptions....
Old 02-02-2008, 11:33 PM

Well I tried. I wrote an email to Brian requesting that a exception be made, he said he would forward on to the Warden. Then he wrote back saying the warden turned down the special request. It sucks! He needs some positive but I guess we will have to wait until May.