Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 09-02-2002, 09:55 PM
Da Ole Goat

Default Help

Goody'sGirl, in another forum you stated that FL doesn't have parole and that confused me with what my g/f has been saying about putting up with there crap. I went to Florida's DOC online and found this:

Definition of a “Permanent Release”:

For purposes of this report a permanent release is defined as an inmate who has reached the endpoint of a state prison sentence and whose state prison record has been officially closed out. The following is a list of the release codes included in this definition of a permanent release: expiration of sentence, expiration of sentence to probation, provisional release supervision, conditional medical release, sentence vacated, parole, conditional pardon, reinstatement, mandatory conditional release, death, released by Florida Parole Commission, control release w/o supervision, commutation, full pardon, parole/probation, conditional release, control release w/ supervision, execution, parole reinstated. (and the codes followed)

I don't want to take her (g/f) statements as a con if there are for real.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Closed

B-Ray, Florida still has a Parole Commission for people that are currently incarcerated under the old 65% rule. I'm not sure when 85% went into effect, but the fact is that there isn't currently parole here. For example, my husband was sentenced to 15 years, with gain time, he has to serve 85% of that and will be released in 12 3/4 years. But the parole commission does not release people onto parole anymore.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Da Ole Goat

Thanks gal, now I need to figure what the g/f falls under. She is completing an 8 yrs hitch.

Now when an inmate signs a contract with the State (I think) to pay there restition, how is that handled? I couldn't find any thing about that at your online DOC site. Are they under some kind of supervision, if not on parole? Or is it just a bill they own?

I've tried 3 times to get to her case worker and you know how that goes. I'm just trying to nail down, if she is a "con" or for real, before I deside to fly to Florida and get a wide awakening. Or just write off the situation now.

So far, I'm coming up with more questions, then answers. :-(
Old 09-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Closed

sounds like she will be on probation after her time is served. That is what a lot of judges do now. Here's an idea. Go to the FL DOC website and pull up your g/f's rap sheet for prison. It will tell you how many times she has been in prison, what for and what she is in now for. It will also list any community supervision that is to be served AFTER her sentence is completed.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:42 PM
Da Ole Goat

I just went to the DOC page and pluged in her number as I have done many times, along with others.

No record found, took out her number and went with name ect. as I have done before with others.

No Record. I've worked the Florida DOC system MANY times over the months. Oh well, guess I'll try later and see. I know her online history, but didn't know to look for time as an ex-con.

If you want to look and see if you can find something there, that I should know, her number is 516924 It might be just a glitch in the system? Thanks
Old 09-04-2002, 07:27 PM
Closed

B-Ray---I pm'd you about this