Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Arkansas Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Default EPA questions

Do Anyone Knows When They Will Another Epa Kick Out In Arknasas
The Following User Says Thank You to TIFFKENDALE For This Useful Post:
Justme77 (02-27-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 PM

I was told in December... I hope that goes for everyone not just those in population. My fiancee is in boot camp and I don't think that they are considered for EPA kickout. I just pray that I am wrong. He has less than 70 days to his PE/TE date and it would be so nice to have him out and with us again.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Ive heard december too.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:21 AM

hey i am new to this my fiance is in county waiting to go to bootcamp. what is EPA kickout in dec mean? he has been in county jail waiting to go for 45 days now, they say it's a 3 to 4 mo wait. we are scared because he is boot camp eligible but not sentenced boot camp. everyone says bootcamp is easy to get into as long as you are eligible. it's hard because although he has been sentenced it still feels like we know nothing. can anyone help.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:24 AM

Hi trixie1203. Can't say I'm TOO new to this. My fiance has been in for 130 days. He was in county waiting for transfer to diagnostics for 117 of those days. It took forever to finally get there. Now he's just waiting to get his unit assignment. His PE date is October 8, 2008 but we're finding that doesn't necessarily mean anything since his parole hearing is now set for the middle of December.

This can be an extremely frustrating process. Unfortnately, information is hard to get too. They do seem to be much more informed once they get over to diagnositcs. As for Boot Camp, there was a guy that transferred with my fiance that signed up and got right in.

My best advise for you would be to continue reviewing posts on Prison Talk. I think I've gotten the most valuable information from the people here. I wish you much luck.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Default thanks

it's real cool getting a response. starting to think i was alone out here
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie1203 View Post
hey i am new to this my fiance is in county waiting to go to bootcamp. what is EPA kickout in dec mean? he has been in county jail waiting to go for 45 days now, they say it's a 3 to 4 mo wait. we are scared because he is boot camp eligible but not sentenced boot camp. everyone says bootcamp is easy to get into as long as you are eligible. it's hard because although he has been sentenced it still feels like we know nothing. can anyone help.
they have two kinds of EPA kickouts. they have yearly ones and 90 day ones. If a prisoners PE date is within a year of a yearly one or 90 days of a 90 day one then their "jacket" or file can go up for review for an early release. There are certain crimes that are not eligible for the yearly kickout such as a violent crime. I have never gotten a straight answer to my question about violent crimes no matter how I word it or where I post the question, but I think sim poss of a drug and firearm would be considered a violent crime. Anyhow, it is a way of getting people out of the prisons so those waiting to go in can. It's all about their over crowding problem.

Also about bootcamp. If your loved one is supposed to serve more than 120 days it is definitely worth it because they can get out sooner. I dont know how hard it is though. My fiance said several that were in Diagnostics with him were taken directly from there.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:52 AM

Exclamation EPA List due out today 10/21/08

The board has voted on the list for the newest EPA. Results are out today. I will be calling soon to see if my husband was included on this list. God Bless...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 AM

The board has voted on the list for the newest EPA. Results are out today. I will be calling soon to see if my husband was included on this list. God Bless... No luck, he does go up for parole hearing next Tuesday, I will just pray for that to turn out well
Old 10-21-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgrl View Post
they have two kinds of EPA kickouts. they have yearly ones and 90 day ones. If a prisoners PE date is within a year of a yearly one or 90 days of a 90 day one then their "jacket" or file can go up for review for an early release. There are certain crimes that are not eligible for the yearly kickout such as a violent crime. I have never gotten a straight answer to my question about violent crimes no matter how I word it or where I post the question, but I think sim poss of a drug and firearm would be considered a violent crime. Anyhow, it is a way of getting people out of the prisons so those waiting to go in can. It's all about their over crowding problem.

Also about bootcamp. If your loved one is supposed to serve more than 120 days it is definitely worth it because they can get out sooner. I dont know how hard it is though. My fiance said several that were in Diagnostics with him were taken directly from there.

Sad Girl,

If you truly want the correct answer call the unit your man is in and ask for records. They should be able to pull his jacket and check if he is considered violent.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:12 PM

Do you have to call them or did they post it on their website?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:57 AM

wow I wish that there was an EPA release for those in boot camp.. I am so happy for those that are able to reunite with their families.. I found out that my fiance wil be graduating Boot Camp at the end of January 09. that is only 12 weeks away!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:57 PM

You have to call the parole board... they don't post anything that we (the families) would want to know....
Old 12-17-2010, 03:04 PM

I'm very new to this sight..Can someone please tell me the qualifications for early kickout.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Default EPA question

My boyfriend is in Central Arkansas Community Corrections center. I've been getting conflicting information about the Emergency Powers Act. I was first told I could call and find out if he's on the list for the early kickout but then told that the Dept. of Community Corrections doesn't recognize the EPA - that its only an ADC thing. I don't trust half of what they say - in my experience it seems they purposefully give you bad info. A lady at the center he's at said he'd have to wait until his PE date and can't get out any sooner. Is that legitimate information? Because another women from the parole board told me that DCC submits their request for the EPA to ADC and they have to approve it first....
Please help!!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:39 PM

Wink Epa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmsmith1973 View Post
I'm very new to this sight..Can someone please tell me the qualifications for early kickout.
I am new to this too. I was searching to see if they were going to have an EPA in Jan 2011. (As you can see, most of the information you are getting is from 2008.)

From what my Granddaughter tells me, an EPA, IF they have one means that if the inmate is within 90 days of their release (or TE date), has passed the parole board, doesn't get in any trouble, they are elligible. She said sometimes it depends on what their charges were. She doesn't have any violent, sexual, or manufacturing charges. Her TE date is April 21st, 2011. They would have to have an EPA Jan 21 or later for her to be elligible. I hope this has helped, but all I have to go on is the information she tells me, and hope they have told her correctly. Hang in there.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme77 View Post
I am new to this too. I was searching to see if they were going to have an EPA in Jan 2011. (As you can see, most of the information you are getting is from 2008.)

From what my Granddaughter tells me, an EPA, IF they have one means that if the inmate is within 90 days of their release (or TE date), has passed the parole board, doesn't get in any trouble, they are elligible. She said sometimes it depends on what their charges were. She doesn't have any violent, sexual, or manufacturing charges. Her TE date is April 21st, 2011. They would have to have an EPA Jan 21 or later for her to be elligible. I hope this has helped, but all I have to go on is the information she tells me, and hope they have told her correctly. Hang in there.
With her T.E. date in April she wouldn't be eligible for a 90 day epa until the next one kicks in which would be about the end of february.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:03 AM

Default Epa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell1234 View Post
With her T.E. date in April she wouldn't be eligible for a 90 day epa until the next one kicks in which would be about the end of february.
Yes, thanks. I had already figured that out. I was just hoping that the EPA would be after the 21st of Jan. Then she would be eligible. They took her before the parole board the middle of December, and she made it. I didn't think they took them 4 months in advance.

All I can do is pray. What is supposed to happen, will.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:57 AM

Default Epa Feb. 24, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFFKENDALE View Post
Do Anyone Knows When They Will Another Epa Kick Out In Arknasas
Well my dear,

My Granddaughter called me tonight and the EPA has just come down for McPherson, AR. She will be home shortly. Thay were being called in today & will continue until everyone is notified.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:43 AM

Still new to this Prison Talk, my x husband is in SATP in Randall Unit in Pine Bluff. His TE date is March 17,2016. He has talked with his counselor and she has told him he could put in a request for transitional housing to enable him to get out of the prison system and into the real world. He is a non violent inmate, got in trouble over marijuana. He is asking me to look up what that call a December EPA kickout to see if he just stayed in the prison if he could or would be considered for this kickout. Any help would be much appreciated if anyone knows anything about this. Thanks in advance!