Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 PM
PrayinHeParolesOutInNov!!

Unhappy Fiancee on Lockdown - Will this affect parole?

I got a call from my fiance' this evening letting me know that I can't visit him on Sunday because he is on lockdown. I called the jail to confirm it and sure enough he is. I feel so let down and disappointed in him. He was a workhouse inmate and today was his first day on the job. He was so excited about it. Then I get a call at 5 talking about he is on lockdown. The bad thing is they moved him from the workhouse back to the regular jail and it makes me wonder if he did something seriously bad to get him moved back to the main jail. What do you all think about this? My heart is aching and I feel numb..here I am planning this wedding and he may not come home to me when I expected. He was scheduled for a parole hearing in September...and I'm SO SCARED that because he was placed on lockdown and moved back to the regular jail that it will ruin his chances of making parole. Can that happen? I need some guidance..I really don't know what to do...

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 11:50 PM
At the beach! =)

Thanked 5,134 Times in 1,712 Posts
Question Fiance' was put on lockdown..will this affect his chances of making parole?

I wouldn't make any assumptions about him being moved. Maybe they need everyone on tight security now. That's my first thought at least.

I don't say this to rain on your parade, but if you are planning a wedding in the free world based on the assumption he will make parole, *I* would not do that. Parole is like a gamble. Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya don't, even when you have a good hand. (meaning he has done everything right that he possibly can)

I hope you hear more soon and nothing but good news comes your way!

And whatever things you ask in prayer, BELIEVING, you WILL receive! Matt 21:22
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akaptrosa For This Useful Post:
limit2love (07-22-2011), patchouli (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 12:10 AM

Thanked 1,916 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureMrs.Beck
I got a call from my fiance' this evening letting me know that I can't visit him on Sunday because he is on lockdown. I called the jail to confirm it and sure enough he is. I feel so let down and disappointed in him. He was a workhouse inmate and today was his first day on the job. He was so excited about it. Then I get a call at 5 talking about he is on lockdown. The bad thing is they moved him from the workhouse back to the regular jail and it makes me wonder if he did something seriously bad to get him moved back to the main jail. What do you all think about this? My heart is aching and I feel numb..here I am planning this wedding and he may not come home to me when I expected. He was scheduled for a parole hearing in September...and I'm SO SCARED that because he was placed on lockdown and moved back to the regular jail that it will ruin his chances of making parole. Can that happen? I need some guidance..I really don't know what to do...
You said he is on lockdown not in the hole. Lockdown is not an individual punishment. The hole is individual punishment. So it is quite possible he did nothing wrong. I hope it all works out and doesn't affect his chances of parole.
The Following User Says Thank You to DP's Girl For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaptrosa View Post
I wouldn't make any assumptions about him being moved. Maybe they need everyone on tight security now. That's my first thought at least.

I don't say this to rain on your parade, but if you are planning a wedding in the free world based on the assumption he will make parole, *I* would not do that. Parole is like a gamble. Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya don't, even when you have a good hand. (meaning he has done everything right that he possibly can)

I hope you hear more soon and nothing but good news comes your way!
Trust me girl...I sit and think that sometimes...like what if I do all of this planning just to find out that he isn't even going to make parole? But I just continue to remain faithful to God that everything will turn out good for us.

I actually called up to the jail again this morning and he will only be on lockdown until next week which is great and my fiance' told me he will write a letter explaining everything. I'm still very disappointed in him. But I know everything will be okay.

Thank you so much!

Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP's Girl View Post
You said he is on lockdown not in the hole. Lockdown is not an individual punishment. The hole is individual punishment. So it is quite possible he did nothing wrong. I hope it all works out and doesn't affect his chances of parole.
You know you are absolutely right! That was why I was stressing, I got "lockdown" and "the hole" mixed up lol!! That definitely removed a HUGE weight off of my shoulders. Thank you for clearing that up. I'm hoping and praying everything goes well and will keep you all updated! Thank you so much!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,482 Times in 16,820 Posts

Yep, if its a facility lockdown, it won't affect his parole. If he's in The Hole for disciplinary reasons, it might depending on what the charges are.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Yep, if its a facility lockdown, it won't affect his parole. If he's in The Hole for disciplinary reasons, it might depending on what the charges are.
Good! Lord knows I was sitting here going out of my mind thinking this would affect his parole.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:46 AM

Thanked 1,916 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureMrs.Beck View Post
You know you are absolutely right! That was why I was stressing, I got "lockdown" and "the hole" mixed up lol!! That definitely removed a HUGE weight off of my shoulders. Thank you for clearing that up. I'm hoping and praying everything goes well and will keep you all updated! Thank you so much!
You're welcome. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP's Girl View Post
You're welcome. Let us know how it turns out.
Will do!