Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:12 PM

Default My man in segregation in Iowa prison

Hello!! Well, my fiancé was supposed to be released (parole) on September 6th but on August 26th we was moved from luster heights to Anamosa and he's now on investigative segregation for someone else's wrong doing, he said he shouldn't be part of that for violation however he said he made a phone call or two from someone's personal cell phone and it's a violation but it's been 25 days and he is still there, in investigative segregation. Does it really take that long to investigate a wrong doing? I wrote his counselor and case manager and I asked if its possible he will get out this year and she said he shouldn't be in Investigative segregation for that long and she said hopefully not much longer at all. Does anyone have any experience on Anamosa segregation or any general experience?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2016, 03:50 AM
Midnight Sun Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,413 Times in 727 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I am sorry for the situation you are in - it must be frustrating not knowing how long he will be kept in seg. I can't offer you advice regarding Anamosa and their procedures - hopefully someone on here will see this thread and can comment with more information. My LO was in ad seg in another state for his own protection - we were never informed how long it was going to last but it ended up being over two months after which time he was transferred. It was not for investigative reasons though so probably different...

Hang in there - hopefully you will receive some information soon and he'll get out of seg.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. I am sorry for the situation you are in - it must be frustrating not knowing how long he will be kept in seg. I can't offer you advice regarding Anamosa and their procedures - hopefully someone on here will see this thread and can comment with more information. My LO was in ad seg in another state for his own protection - we were never informed how long it was going to last but it ended up being over two months after which time he was transferred. It was not for investigative reasons though so probably different...

Hang in there - hopefully you will receive some information soon and he'll get out of seg.
Aw thank you so much for the reply. And thank you for your welcome.
I don't know, maybe this is different. I have no clue about how long he will be in the hole. I hope they won't stop his parole release. I hope everything is gonna be fine, God willing.
It's been tough because he can't use the phone or corrlinks, he can only write letters but I live in Brazil and it takes forever to get his mail. And it sucks to don't be able to communicate with him
Old 09-22-2016, 01:21 AM

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raqueltbrb View Post
It's been tough because he can't use the phone or corrlinks, he can only write letters but I live in Brazil and it takes forever to get his mail.
Raquel - I know how that is...I am not in the States either so snail mail can be painfully slow. I don't know if you'd have the possibility/interest in writing through Jmail, but that's how I write to my LO in a U.S. prison --- you type your letter in their system online, they print your letter out either in California or Florida and mail it to your loved one via U.S. domestic mail. If you want to buy a p.o. box with them, your loved one can write you back in their CA address so also via domestic mail, and the Jmail staff will then scan his letter into their system and send you an email alert telling you you have new mail - and you can read his letter on your laptop/computer. They can still mail his original letters to you later on; I usually have my letters sent to me once a month. I am in Europe and my letters usually reach my LO in 2-3 days, and his letters reach me in 3-4 days (time difference works in his advantage)

Here is the link to their website if you want to check it out

http://jmail.cc
Old 09-28-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Raquel - I know how that is...I am not in the States either so snail mail can be painfully slow. I don't know if you'd have the possibility/interest in writing through Jmail, but that's how I write to my LO in a U.S. prison --- you type your letter in their system online, they print your letter out either in California or Florida and mail it to your loved one via U.S. domestic mail. If you want to buy a p.o. box with them, your loved one can write you back in their CA address so also via domestic mail, and the Jmail staff will then scan his letter into their system and send you an email alert telling you you have new mail - and you can read his letter on your laptop/computer. They can still mail his original letters to you later on; I usually have my letters sent to me once a month. I am in Europe and my letters usually reach my LO in 2-3 days, and his letters reach me in 3-4 days (time difference works in his advantage)

Here is the link to their website if you want to check it out
Hey Sarianna! Unfortunetly JPay is not available for his facility, except to send money, but I use Corrlinks instead. If your man is in Iowa, you both can use it too! It's even faster than JPay. It's like an email!
My baby is out of segregation now! YAY Thank God. God is so good to us! To all of us, actually!
Thanks for your reply, you're very kind!
The Following User Says Thank You to raqueltbrb For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 06:45 AM

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Good news about your LO getting out of segregation, I am happy for you!

I am also glad you are able to use Corrlinks, I misunderstood you when you said you couldn't use it and had to use snail mail only, but I can see now you meant during the segregation only -- that is why I suggested Jmail (not JPay) for quicker mail. But in any case, you have Corrlinks so that is sorted