Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Nevada that do not fit into any other Nevada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:58 AM

Post Need glasses at a NV HWH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaderGirl View Post
Call the facility and ask if you can have glasses sent in. I'm not in PA, but at D's facility in TX, I was able to order new glasses and have them shipped to the medical department of the facility directly from the manufacturer. Maybe this could be an option for you.
My Fiance had to glue his 700 dollar glasses, the stem broke, and I don't know how long this is going to last I heard that Zenni Optical is a good choice online, and not that expensive, he bought his pair when he had insurance from work, they were progressives, and tortoiseshell really nice glasses, and I found a pair on Zenni Optical. Do you think I can call the place he originally got his prescription, LensCrafters, and find his prescription, bridge, and all the other things I need to know when buying glasses online for him?
Thank you for your post, and please reply, he is in a Restitution Center/halfway house like 2 miles from me, I wish I could just walk in, but it isn't that way, he needs his glasses for work.
Please Reply,
Thank you again,
PrettyKitten

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,784 Times in 9,593 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I moved your question to the Nevada prison forums for better answers.

You can try calling Lens Crafters, but you may find that his prescription has expired. I have no idea how HWH's operate in Nevada, but he may be able to get a pass to visit Walmart or any other store that has an optician, and sells glasses.

The April 2017 issue of the PTO Quarterly is now available to download or print

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72...sxS1ZTTW8/view
[/size]

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-05-2017 at 10:14 AM..
Old 02-05-2017, 11:33 AM

Ring the facility and ask if he can go himself