Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:25 AM

Default Approved for calls yet not on his list?

I submitted an application for phone calls and it was approved a while ago. My friend is in Santa Rita unit. He keeps checking his approved caller list for my name and it still isn't there. I have checked with the prison a few times now and my details and his are correct, they assure me that I am approved and should be on his list and have also said they will send him a memo to let him know. I'm in contact with his mum and she says he keeps checking and my name still isn't on the list. Has anyone else encountered this or has any advice on what I can do to fix it? I'm from Australia so when I manage to contact visitation they can't do much for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 AM
here

Has he just tried calling you? If you're approved the call should go through. If not they get a message telling them they can't call this number.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
CuriousAusGirl (09-17-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:53 PM

Thanks for replying, I was thinking the same thing. I know he's been looking for my name on his list before he tries so in my most recent letter I included my number again and told him to just try calling and it should hopefully just go through. He should receive it in the next few days so hopefully I receive a call soon otherwise I'm stumped as to what the issue could be.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:08 AM

Hi,
I was wondering how you were going!

I agree, he should just try and make the call. Once you start chatting and get over the nerves, it is great.

Best of luck!!
Old 09-17-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
Hi,
I was wondering how you were going!

I agree, he should just try and make the call. Once you start chatting and get over the nerves, it is great.

Best of luck!!

Hey Lovely!
Going great thanks! How are you? I was wondering how everything was going with you the other day also

I'm hoping to get a call from him in the next few days, fingers crossed there isn't any further issues! Do you still use LocalPhone or similar to make the calls cheaper? Does it work well?

Old 09-19-2018, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAusGirl View Post
Hey Lovely!
Going great thanks! How are you? I was wondering how everything was going with you the other day also

I'm hoping to get a call from him in the next few days, fingers crossed there isn't any further issues! Do you still use LocalPhone or similar to make the calls cheaper? Does it work well?

Fingers crossed for you. Its so exciting. He calls 3 times a week, that is all he is allowed. Yes. I still use Localphone and it does make it cheaper. We haven't had any problems with it. I am so glad you are going well.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:02 PM

So I have a receipt for my phone call application from June 4th. The prison has been telling me that I am approved for calls and on his list since July. He has kept checking his list for my name and it isn't there. The prison told me they would send him a memo or similar to let him know, they also said at one stage they would pull him aside to try the number all of which didn't happen. We keep in touch through letters and also through his mum. He has tried to call the number I have been approved for and it hasn't worked. He checked with his CO and they are telling him there was never an application...!!!??
I have no idea what I should do next, maybe reapply? I'm really starting to get irritated by this whole thing!!