Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-10-2007, 09:52 PM

BabyGirl350

DITTO and also to Pay it forward (like the movie)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Will Wait 4evr
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nmb2think
Well, I dont know exactly how true that statement really is. I see that some people get support from their peers here, while others get tossed off to the side, either by revealing too many controversial details of their situation or not enough to keep readers interested.

I signed up early this spring thinking I had found somewhere to glean knowledge and support. What I found instead was a place where favoritism and "group think" abound. If anyone chose to discuss a "hot" topic not in the norm or other, people either jumped on them with fangs bared or totally ignored them and any further posts. Hence I quit posting, or even visiting this site very much.

To those of you that have found your safe haven, my hats off to you and enjoy. I have been sorely disappointed, and am thankful my ordeal with the "prison system" is almost at an end.
I too am sorry that your experience here has not been a good one. I don't know who you have in the "system" but I truly am happy for you that it is almost over. I know I don't do "group think", I think for only me. My opinions are my own regardless of the "norm". I just wish this could be a place for you to come....I will be here to listen. I am not an expert on anything but I can listen. There truly are some wonderful people on this site. PM me if you need to.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
EJB <3

That's absolutely amazing. I'm glad to here that there are still genuinely good people in the world and joining this community has restored my faith in a lot of things.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:00 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,020 Posts

As a "newbie" to the prison system, PTO has been a lifesaver for me. To be able to talk with other people going through the same thing as me is wonderful. The advise I have gotten is priceless. Without PTO I am not sure where I would be right now. I can ask a question and get 1 response or 100, but either way, my question is answered!! So glad I found PTO :love:

Old 04-06-2008, 12:33 PM

Wow Babygirl... your post brought tears to my eyes. I have only been a member for a few weeks and I am already thankful for finding this site. When I get on line I check this site before I even check my email! Your post shows people like me that we're not alone and someone out there (probably in the same town) knows what it's like to walk in these shoes, and that we are not just posts on a website but real friends.
Thanks for sharing. I hope you are well and stay that way
Old 06-07-2008, 02:16 AM
"THROUGH THICK AND THIN"

wow thank you for sharing your story it was very touching and what a wonderful person ur new found friend is i hope all is better with you take care and GOD BLESS the both of you
Old 06-07-2008, 02:27 AM
The Ditzy One

What a fantastic story. PTO has become a lifeline for me as I was totally ignorant of so many things before arriving here. Everyone has been welcoming and helpful and I really hope that I can develop such strong friendships with people here as time goes by.

I feel the need for a great big and possibly a bit of a happy dance
Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 PM

babygirl ~ I am glad to hear that you had some one who was willing to stay with you and give you support when you needed it off the computer as well. PTO really is a great site and it is amazing that it can bring such wonderful people all with something in common together.
Samanthalee ~ You are a wonderful person and it is great that you share that wonder with other people

Old 06-24-2008, 02:03 PM
So this is where we are?!
Donation Award 

I am really glad that you are alright..everyday that I go through this I wish more and more I had known about pto before i did. I am really happy to have the support and the advice that I gain from here laugh, cry, whatever it is in my day this is where I get the understanding and incite. I think about pto when I am not on pto.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:33 PM

Wow. That is a great story. I'm glad you're okay! This website really is a lifesaver. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found it!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

My daughter, the one inside, says thank you, to pto, too. ...
Old 07-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Donation Award 

I couldnt survive all this without PTO. There is no other place in the world where you can meet such understanding people, who know how much your life has changed after suddenly being a big part of this crazy prison system. Plus I am not in the States but thousand of miles away, and nobody in my home country has only an idea what you have to go through. I need to talk, I need to vent, I need to know that I am not the only one who feels like I feel right now. Everything is so confusing and I am living in a rollercoaster since I started my first death row friendships. I fell in love and that made it even harder.
But I met wonderful people here who helped me through all the hard times, especially right now after my friend was executed and I cant be thankful enough for all the support I got and already get. Such a support group is urgently needed and I wish I could have it in my home country. Of course there are some organisations against the death penalty, but as a loved one of a death row inmate you are nothing but an alien. Support? Maybe they could give you the address of a hospital for the mentally ill...here I feel accepted and respected and I dont feel alone anymore.
Thank you.

FOR MY FRIEND MARK
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. you are free now Honey
Old 09-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,385 Posts

I have been a member here for over a year but I didnt become active until recently. I dont know how i ever made it this far without PTO... Just knowing that there are people that understand wy I would make the choices I make, and wont look down on me for it or try to change my mind has helped sooo much! I have received a tremendous amount of support at difficult times as well. I dont know what I would do without you guys!!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:52 PM

Default Pto

I am so glad you are ok now Babygirl. I too have made some really good friends here. Some people know a lot more than me and give me pointers. Some are in pain and so recognize mine. And then some friends, most actually, are just like me--wanting to help, needing to be heard, feeling a little lost and needing a kind word. I have three girls I met here who are all of those things to me. I would have never known them without this wonderful place. I also think you get back what you give. Sometimes hurting people--hurt people, but for the most part, if you give love here you get love here. I am sorry you have not found this to be so 2numb, but I like the others are here if you need a friend. Just drop me a message. I will answer. And maybe pray. He will answer as well.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe

Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
jdswife2009

wow i hope you are feeling better. An thanks for share'n that with us. I too have made many good friends on here.

Mrs, J.D.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:16 PM

I am so sorry for you accident! But i do have to say when i ran across pto i joined immediatly (sp?) because of all the support i saw in the first 5 minutes! I am a young person faced with hard time and i look for a lot of guidance! I hope that i get a wonderful experience out of Pto as you did! You never know how much you can touch one persons life!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Donation Award 

PTO is positively awesome, no doubt about it! For one thing, the "rest of the world" has the lock 'em up and throw away the key mentality. The average PTO member has compassion, and sees the human, not the "criminal." The rest of the world just doesn't get this. This may be an arrogant statement, but so be it -- I think PTO members, and others who are there for the folks inside are just a bit better people than the average person outside.

When Global Tel-Link changed policy, and blocked my number without my knowing, my buddy told another friend of his who called me and let me know he was trying to reach me. That other person turned out to be a PTO member too!

This is a good place, with good people, making good things happen.

Peace,

John

Can we have a treat?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

I have been stressed lately, haven't been on like I used to.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:59 PM
2hearts 2minds=we r 1!

That's an absolutely remarkable story...it's wonderful to hear that there are still a few sincere people left in this world. Despite all the travesties that surround our lives. It's important to have genuine people around; this world needs more people like this woman! I pray that this site can continue 2 bring togetherness such as this...."remarkable!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl350 View Post
As some of you know, I was in a car accident this past Friday.

Here is what you dont know.

A few weeks ago I was PM'd by a new member Samanthalee. Her fiance is in the same prison as my husband. She was coming from out of state for a
visit.

Anyway, we shared email address's and started writing each other. Come to find out we had alot in common.
We had both worked Crisis Lines in the same state. We had both lived in three states, and our current employment is in the same field.

We shared phone numbers and spoke on the phone.

Well she had planned her visit for this past Friday (when I had my accident).

We had planned to meet at a local restaurant right after the visit for lunch.

We didnt really get to talk much after the visit, just a few words and then we departed for the restaurant.

Well she was ahead of me and was at the restaurant when my accident happened. Just a few miles away.

When the police asked me who they could contact for me, I gave them her name because I knew she would be waiting on me and wondering where I had gone.

Well let me tell you ladies and gentlemen, she came right over, picked me up and took me to the hospital. She stayed with me the whole time and mind you she hadnt eaten and was hungry. You know how hospital emergency rooms can be.

After I was released from the hospital, we went to dinner. Of course I didnt eat but a couple of bites, but she enjoyed a meal and then we talked some.

We didnt get to talk a whole lot because I was in alot of pain.

She stayed with me until another friend could pick me up.

Then on Sat she was going back to the prison for another visit. Of course I was to be there also, but couldnt.

She shared the accident with her loved one and he in turn relayed the message to my husband.

So my husband could know why I wasnt there.

She stood by me all the way and was very comforting to have by my side.

So here is a big THANK YOU to a new friend.

I cant tell you how eternally grateful I am to have her as a friend.

The support here at PTO has just got to be the best there is on the net.

Prior to this accident, I was able to help two members out with problems behind the scenes.

So I am here to tell you what you put out will always come back to you.

We all share the same bond in having a loved one incarcerated and now I have even a deeper bond for someone who was really there for me.

This meant more to me than words can say. I just wanted to share it with each of you, especially you new members, so you can see proof positve how your membership pays off.

God Bless each and every one of you.

Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.
"He is not a lover who does not love forever." ~Euripides

Old 05-03-2010, 10:37 PM

Default omg!!

this is an amazing and very inspirational post!! i feel so great after reading this, i am very new to this site and have found a wonderful friend we have alot in common and it's very nice to have someone to lean on when ur feeling upset and are in need of support and it is VERY nice to have someone who idk gets it, understands all of the moments and can help me pull through them i love my pto fmily already, and isincerely hope all of u find a friend like mine
I MISS YOU LIKE HELL.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM

Well it looks like I found the place I was looking for. God directed me here like He always directs me to the most loving places. I am brand new to this prison world and let me tell you before I was in this position myself, I was always in awe of the women and men who can handle this. I didn't know anyone personally but now I feel I do. Thank you for sharing your story Babygirl which ironically is my husband's nickname for me so of course just looking at that brought tears and they haven't stopped yet. Sending out all of my love and prayers to you all. I look forward to learning from you and I plan to make all this pain work for the greater good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabrielsgirl For This Useful Post:
Caged Tiger (03-27-2011)
Old 05-06-2010, 08:31 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,124 Times in 16,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsgirl View Post
Well it looks like I found the place I was looking for. God directed me here like He always directs me to the most loving places. I am brand new to this prison world and let me tell you before I was in this position myself, I was always in awe of the women and men who can handle this. I didn't know anyone personally but now I feel I do. Thank you for sharing your story Babygirl which ironically is my husband's nickname for me so of course just looking at that brought tears and they haven't stopped yet. Sending out all of my love and prayers to you all. I look forward to learning from you and I plan to make all this pain work for the greater good.

Welcome to PTO! I've been fortunate enough to meet Babygirl a couple of times at Ky g2g's. She has been quite ill for some time and absent from PTO.....Keep sending that love & those prayers to Babygirl350. Its another way PTO members can help each other in time of need.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Gabrielsgirl (05-09-2010)
Old 05-09-2010, 01:23 AM

Thanks for your reply. Well I can't agree more that anyone dealing with this prison world needs prayer warriors on so many levels. You and Babygirl have mine to be sure. I am still in shock and my kids are having the worst time without Daddy and it's only been 5 days. Not sure how I am going to get through this one. So much to learn about putting money on the books, visitations, phone calls, it's overwhelming and that is all before the trial even begins and we have more junk to deal with after that because there are more charges from another state. I feel very inadequate right now but I will get it together. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:55 PM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

As an ex felon to a prisoners wife i needed all the support i could get encouragment from men and women that are just like me so ppl dont understand why we do what we do love is love we need a social utility for ppl like buy us just my thoughts