Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
Yes, it has to be a JOP because it is a simple legal ceremony. We intend to have our religious rites when he comes home. I am sorry for your long struggle with the chaplain and the CDCR beaurocrats HMF.
I'm not really sure I understand the reasoning for the JOP only. When Muslims do a nikah (Islamic marriage), there isn't a big "ceremony," not like in most "traditional" weddings (i.e. no bridesmaids, no ring bearer, no flower girl, etc).

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
I'm not really sure I understand the reasoning for the JOP only. When Muslims do a nikah (Islamic marriage), there isn't a big "ceremony," not like in most "traditional" weddings (i.e. no bridesmaids, no ring bearer, no flower girl, etc).
JOP is a peace officer. Typically they are elected, sometimes appointed. But they are political and legal in nature. Your couldn't have a Catholic, Jewish, Hindu or other officiant either. This is the administrative judicial guy. Hope that helps.

Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

So, I talked to the counselor in Cali again today. I asked him if I could send our packet directly to him once we fix the part that needs changed; he said unfortunately that is not allowed, even though he wishes he could let us. He did say that as soon as he gets the packet from NFCF, he will call me to let me know, and he will process it immediately. Sigh. So, m'love and I are gonna give it a try; we realize at this point it is unlikely to be approved in time, but we have to at least try.

~~M'love

Old 12-15-2012, 02:32 PM

Good luck HesMy Forever,
I'm rooting for ya.
The Following User Says Thank You to tea12 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (12-15-2012)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Just an update on what's going on with the wedding. M'love finally got the packet back from the Chaplain last week. We are still gonna resubmit, even though we know it's unlikely to get approved in time....it doesn't hurt to try. Meanwhile, we are planning for a proxy marriage as a plan B. The plan is that we are going to go to Collingsworth County to get the marriage license at 8am on the 25th; then do the proxy in Wheeler County at 8:30am (yeah, I know...two different counties, but that is because the Wheeler County Clerk is being a pain in the arse and does not want to bother to do her job and believes that the inmate has to be a TX inmate to do a proxy and refuses to actually look up the law on proxy marriage in TX....however, the Wheeler County judge is also the Justice of the Peace, so he will sign the waiver and also do the marriage). Then after the marriage, we're going straight to the prison for our visit.

The ONLY problem....I need his birth certificate; I've ordered it and can only hope and pray that I will get it on or by Jan 24th. While I wait for the birth certificate, my stomach is in knots.

~~M'love

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
nonamesleftlol (01-12-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Default How You Can Marry

Okay for all you ladies that want to marry you man, but don't want to have to wait for all the rules & regulations. Go to the Court House and ask for Proxy Marriage. They will give you the rules on how you do it. You send the form to your man, he fills out the form and gets the prison notary to notarize it and then he mails it back to you. Then you take the form along with the documentations (Like his & yours birth certificate, SS Card, ect.) that the Proxy Marriage calls for , plus the person who is standing in his place for him, and the money to get the marriage license. Then once they give you the license sometimes that court house makes you wait like 72 hours or they will tell you ehat judge you can go see and the judge might sign a waiver so you don't have to wait 72 hours. Then after that you will go to the next floor at the court house infront of the Justice of Peace and pay them and they marry you.......it sounds complicated, but it is actually really easy! Good luck!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

You can read through this thread and see the struggles I went through trying to get married at the prison, and that I ended up opting for a proxy marriage in Texas. However, just giving y'all a heads up....if you are planning on doing a proxy marriage (because of the hassles of trying to jump through hoops at the prison), you have only until Sept 1, 2013 to do so....after that, Texas will no longer allow inmates to get proxy married. After that, you will have to go through the prison to get married. It's not impossible...I know another lady in the process of trying to get married at NFCF, but it is a hassle.

~~M'love

Old 06-15-2014, 11:14 PM

Wow I just read all the posts about trying to get married at nfcf ughh well my bf just got there from Cali n were going to start the process for this so I'm guess it won't be til jan 2015 .. Hopefully the process here isn't so bad
Old 08-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
You can read through this thread and see the struggles I went through trying to get married at the prison, and that I ended up opting for a proxy marriage in Texas. However, just giving y'all a heads up....if you are planning on doing a proxy marriage (because of the hassles of trying to jump through hoops at the prison), you have only until Sept 1, 2013 to do so....after that, Texas will no longer allow inmates to get proxy married. After that, you will have to go through the prison to get married. It's not impossible...I know another lady in the process of trying to get married at NFCF, but it is a hassle.
Don't know if its different in Colorado but can you help me out