Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Missing my dad & brother

My brother is in Wabash, and my dad is in county, but about to be transferred to prison, but not sure which yet.

Now a penpal to the best! Know someone who needs a penpal? PM me and let me know :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIZAC View Post
My boyfriend is at the Federal Prison Camp in Terre Haute Indiana. He has been there since February 2003.
My boyfriend is currently in theCounty Jail and they will be shipping him to Chicago for F.C.C (idk what that is) but if we live in South Bend, In do you think there is a good chance that he will go somewhere thats close to us?What has your boyfried said about Terre Haute?
Old 12-20-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson's Girl View Post
My boyfriend and father of my newborn is in Westville...does anyone have any info on it? What is the visitation like there?
My boyfriend has been to Westville and served 3 years. I dont think it's too bad of a place, the phone calls are expensive though. Other than that, they get enough privledges, such as listening to the radio and such.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needinfo View Post
My son is still in the Fort Wayne Co. jail. They said he would be moved to RDC. I don't know what that means. Then from there he will be places somewhere else. I'm not really understanding all this sentencing stuff. Lawyer said he was sentenced 2 yrs. He will do 1 yr, but because her was in jail for 59 days, he will only do about 10 months. Since he was a class b, work release won't take him. This is his first offense. I feel so helpless. I pray to God to watch over him and protect him. I will be checking in more often for support. I know that I will need people to lean on. This has been so hard to cope with. I don't know who to turn to for answers. So please bear with me while I go through a grieving period. I give you all my support and pray that your love one is safe as well. Maybe someday we will meet while visiting our loved ones. I'll let you know where my son ends up. Thanks for listening.
Reception Diagnosic Center.They evaluate him, give him a D.O.C number, and things of that nature. I was unable to recieve calls from my boyfriend, but we did write eachother back and forth. Hope this sheds light
Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellysBoo View Post
My fiancee is at Westville Correctional Center. It is about a 150 mile drive from Indianapolis. The drive sucks! Anyone out there have someone in Westville?
My boyfriend served 3 years in Westville. It's still a Prison, but it's not bad. They get to listen to the radio, watch t.v, get newspapers, etc. If you call sometimes the people can get snotty so you just have to watch out.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
Whats the word on Westville is it okay? My guy hates MCF they are locked down 20 hours a day and he is sick of eating turkey - he wants to move but he is level 3 the only other place he could go is Westville.
Boyfriend was sentenced 3 years in Westville. It is a good for a Prison and they even get to listen to the radio. Not too lobg of a drive depending where you stay.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
I stand to be correct I was told by the DOC that if he wants to be moved from MCF the only other place that he will be able to go is to Wabash Valley - I have only heard scary things about that place - I can only hope his review for security level comes up first.
What all have you heard?
Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Default Fed.Prison Conviction in Indiana

My boyfriend was convicted in St.Joe county to serve federal time. He told me something about how he had to go to F.C.C (?) in Chicago but was unsure of his classification place? Do you th it is likely that he will be serving time in a federal prison down here?
Old 12-20-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okpara101 View Post
My best friend Quinton just went to prison in Westville, he's not due to be out until 2040, I haven't been able to see him yet because I still have some probation to do. I don't understand why they won't let you see someone if you are on probation.
I know on the visitation form they ask have you ever been convicted of a crime, been put on probation, have a job in the law enforcement field, etc..i thought that if you answered "yes" to anyone of the above questions,you were unable to visit, but im not sure. When you find out, let me know.Thanx
Old 12-20-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom View Post
My son is at Indiana State Prison in Michigan City, IN. He is two and a half years into a sixty-three year sentence. Anyone else out there involved with this institution?
I once took a tour of Indiana State Prison for a technical school and it seemed alright. There were few cells there and i seen many people just walking around. They offer many programs includng Culinary Arts and such. They even had the inmated (supervised of course) prepare us a meal of shrimp and mashed potatoes to show off their appreciation.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnee70 View Post
My boyfriend is serving a 20 month sentence at the Federal Prison Camp in Terre Haute. He self-surrendered the day after Easter, 2004.
My boyfriend might get sent there. What all do you know about that prison? And did your boyfriend tell them he wanted to be there or he had n choice?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 AM

Default I was now

I was down for 10 years working for DOC. I am currently released working as a supervisor at a work release
Old 01-21-2009, 01:23 PM

I have a son in the Miami Correction Facility. Does anyone know much about that prison?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 PM

my friend is at PREFF
Old 01-27-2009, 06:32 PM

Red face guy at PREFF

My guy is at Plainfield Re-Entry Facility. Anyone else out there who has a loved one at PREFF?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 AM

Question Carpool

My Husband is in Branchville and I haven't seen him over a year,does anyone go through Covington, IN going to Branchville that I could get a ride with I'm willing to help with gas.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 AM

Unhappy

My boyfriend is located at Miami. for atleast until June 2010 Hes been gone for a month and a half
Old 02-15-2009, 11:09 PM

westville correctional facilty
Old 02-16-2009, 06:56 AM

My son is in CIF in Pendelton. He's been there for about three weeks, has to do 14 years.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM

My boyfriend is currently in Shelbyville county awaiting trial. Anyone know anything about this place? We're from wisconsin...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Loving My Inmate.

My man is only 17 &got charged with a class D felony, sentenced to 1year 5months &28days, for stealing a wife beater from a dollar store. He got transferred to Wabash Valley Correctional Facility on February 19th.
you're gonna look back,
&wish you gave it one more shot.
because the best things in life,
don't come easy.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 AM
RachellovesChris

Talking They finally put him somewhere

My fience is finally put somewhere, They put him at the Farm (Putnamville). So far I havent got my visit but he told me i would be on his last by march 6th!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Tersa

Mine is in Miami Correctional Facility. I am willing to help anyone out who has someone locked up there. In my opinion that Facility is a joke.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM

Default Branchville Prison

I finally after a year got to go and visit my husband in Branchville Prison. I must say I was very surprised at both the staff and the facility. I don't know if we caught them on a good day or what, but the staff was so friendly and helpful being it was our first time. He got to hold his new grandson and the guards just wanted to eat him up. We got to have a nice long visit. It was extremely clean and it was so wonderful.
The only thing that was upsetting was that he has lost 125lb and he his extremely pale and clammy. I didn't even recognize my own husband he was so ill looking. He played with the baby but he wasn't really all that talkative but he kept staring at me like I was going to disappear at any moment. I am amazed at how broken down he is. But one thing is for sure I was so thankful to get to finally go and see him and hug and kiss him.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:59 PM

My son is at Westville, he's been gone 2 years. He should be out Nov. 2009. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!