Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Donation Award 

My loved one is at Wabash anyone interested in a ride call me, Southern Indiana
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 08:44 PM

Billy my son is at plainfield re-entry they will be moving him and all the inmates to the womens state prison in indianapolis as soon as it is revamped for males
Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 PM

Default plainfield re-entry facility

Could you tell me about PREFF? Are they allowed to wear their own clothes? How are the visits? Do you get to visit weekly? Do they live in dorms or cells? Thank You.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Donation Award 

My loved one is at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:44 PM

Smile

My boyfriend is at Edinburgh. Does anyone know anything about this place? What all can they have while they're there? Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiesue1984 View Post
Could you tell me about PREFF? Are they allowed to wear their own clothes? How are the visits? Do you get to visit weekly? Do they live in dorms or cells? Thank You.
they are in dorms yes they can where there own cloths only dress shirts and no jeans weekly visits. prisoner must put in a list with what you are bringing for him he gives it to staff then you can bring they will need a clear 18 gallon clear tote it has to be exact they only place I found then where at lowes Good luck to you and yours
Old 11-21-2009, 01:39 AM

hello iam new to the site anyone have a loved one in edinburgh
Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Please use this thread to post which prison your loved one is currently located at. Please do not use this thread for general discussion. It is meant to be a resource to help PTO members locate other members that have loved ones in the same prison, or close by. If you wish to discuss a particular Unit, please start a new thread in the forum.

Thanks,
Fed-X
How do I add a new thread?
Old 12-25-2009, 12:00 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,877 Times in 16,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibicus9266 View Post
How do I add a new thread?
Look to the left about 1/4 way down from the top of the page...there is a button that says "New Thread"....click on that & you're on your way...

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-27-2009, 09:33 PM

my son is at new castle, since july this year with 3 to go
Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 AM

Default DOC Holding

Right now , my husband is being held in Wells County , awaiting to be transferred. I'm hoping once he gets to rdc that they put him in a southern Indiana prison so we can visit more often. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 AM

Smile Rdc

Dear 4everMissin,
RDC is like a holding and evaluating tank. The first thing that's going to happen is he is going to go through a series of interviews with different people. They will watch him for a few days and then interview him again and decide what prison would best be suited for him and they also take in account how many months/ years he has. They don't have a choice, they ask them where they would prefer but very rarely do they ever put them where they ask to go. My husband has been in for 3 yrs in Branchville and has 2 more to go he is scheduled for release in Oct 29, 2012 last week they transferred him to Pendleton IN without any notice he had said nothing in his letters about it so be aware that they can transfer them at any time for any reason without notifying you. Do yourself a favor and sign up at a site called VINE it gives you a chance to sign up and know by email if they all of a sudden trasnfer him they send you an email. I hope this has helped you if you need anything else I am at (removed per policy; please contact member via pm system)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverMissin View Post
Right now , my husband is being held in Wells County , awaiting to be transferred. I'm hoping once he gets to rdc that they put him in a southern Indiana prison so we can visit more often. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Last edited by patchouli; 08-08-2010 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: removed enmail addy
Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 PM

My hubby is in the federal correctional instituition in terre haute
Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 PM

My man got transfered TODAY to Miami County, Bunker Hill..I haven't heard from him yet, It's been a long month,hope it goes by fast!!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 AM
T.W.B.U.

My *forever* is in Wabash Valley Correctional Facility. He was at the Indiana State Prison in Michigan city, Indiana, and then he was transferred after 4 years. He has been at WVCF for 3˝ years now. He has 13 years left. Good news is that he goes for a P.C.R. hearing in June and his family has spent well over $30,000 on counsel so he has a good chance of getting some sort of play off his sentence. If anyone on here has any loved one's in WVCF please send me a message or add me as a friend. It's alot better knowing that there are other women going through the same thing that I am.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:20 PM

My man is in RDC but I got new from him today saying he is heading to Lakeview which from what I understand is a part of Indiana State Prison up in Michigan City, but Im not complaining cause its pretty close to home so I can visit him often!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:11 PM

my son is at westville EC - not good
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM

Default henryville

my boyfriend is at henryville with less than 3 months left=)
Old 05-30-2010, 08:58 AM

My son is at Henryville. He says it is not a bad place. I am having trouble with the phone service. I set up a prepaid account with Correctional Billing Services but when he tries to call he cannot get connected. He finally got thru but I had to accept a call from Global Tele# link. I called Correctional Billing Services and they said they are the only phone service provider for Henryville and that there is no way he could have made a call using Global. I called Global and they said they do not provide service to Henryville. So whats up? Does anyone know how to fix this mess? Any help would be appreciated.I know for a fact that there is no block on my phone.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:01 AM

My husband is in Indiana Correctional Facility in Michigan City he has been there since October of last year before that he was in county since January of 09 but he is getting out on the 17th of June but it still ight be a while til he sees me and the kids since we live out of state and with the parole transfer and all. All of you are in my prayers.

Last edited by lynnamaya; 05-31-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 11:40 AM

Default 2muchprisonlife

HI MY HUSBAND IS IN EDINBURGH CORRECTIONAL FACILITY IN EDINBURGH INDIANA. HE ONLY HAS 53 DAYS LEFT. I CANT WAIT. THIS IS A LEVEL 1 DORM HONOR CAMP. HE GETS TO GO OFF GROUNDS AND WORK. THEY CAN GET SMOKES ON THE OUT AND BRING THEM IN. IT IS PRETTY LAID BACK. NOT TO MENTION IT IS A MILITARY CAMP AS WELL. SO THEY ALWAYS HAVE WAR TRAINING GOING ON WITH PLANES AND HELIOCOPTERS TANKS. ALL OF IT. IT IS PRETTY NEAT. THE VISITS ARE OK. IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET INTO THEM THOUGH. YOU HAVE TO PARK OFF GROUNDS AND BE BUSED TO THE VISITS. YOU HAVE TO BE THERE 45 MIN BEFORE SO YOU CAN GET INTO LINE. THEY ONLY TAKE SO MANY AT A TIME. IF THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE THEY CUT THE VISIT TIME WHICH SUCKS. I HAVE WENT THRU HELL TO GO SEE HIM BUT IT IS A RELIEF THAT HE ISNT IN DANGER LIKE THE OTHER PRISONS. ITS LAYED BACK AND MOST INMATES ONLY HAVE LESS THAN A YEAR AND THERE ARE NO SEX CRIMES OR MURDERS THERE.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:10 AM

Default Travel

I am new to this forum so if I have hit the wrong site with the wrong question, please excuse. I travel from Georgia to Terre Haute to the USP about 4 times a year. I wonder if their is a site for rideshare or something? I hate those long drives alone and those long afternoons and evening waiting for the next day visit. I come from Georgia. I always feel odd around these sites as they seem to be primarily for women visitng men. Thanks
Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 AM

My man was at Wabash (Bunker Hill) for two years.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Default the vine

I got a notice that said Indiana no longer participates in the Vine Service
I got it last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRain62 View Post
Dear 4everMissin,
RDC is like a holding and evaluating tank. The first thing that's going to happen is he is going to go through a series of interviews with different people. They will watch him for a few days and then interview him again and decide what prison would best be suited for him and they also take in account how many months/ years he has. They don't have a choice, they ask them where they would prefer but very rarely do they ever put them where they ask to go. My husband has been in for 3 yrs in Branchville and has 2 more to go he is scheduled for release in Oct 29, 2012 last week they transferred him to Pendleton IN without any notice he had said nothing in his letters about it so be aware that they can transfer them at any time for any reason without notifying you. Do yourself a favor and sign up at a site called VINE it gives you a chance to sign up and know by email if they all of a sudden trasnfer him they send you an email. I hope this has helped you if you need anything else I am at Donutlady62@yahoo.com
Old 07-24-2010, 01:08 PM

my ex-boyfriend is there on p_1 south. do u no any there that an pm me? i like to get information. i want to go see him. does ur person no anyone there on p-s-1 wing or do they get to see each other ?