Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts
Default North Fork Correction Facility Visiting Question & Info Thread

Just fyi, Greyhound does go into Elk City which, according to Ms. Hernandez, is like 10 minutes from Sayre. I'm assuming you can either rent a car from Elk City, or that they should have some sort of cab service...?

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 02:39 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Well ladies...my visit is in 37 days and a wake-up!!!

I'm sooooooo excited!!

I will be visiting March 10-14th, and I'm willing to share a room with someone if anyone else wants to visit those days.

I do have a few q's:

Do they take pix every day, or just certain days? (Wanna make sure I look my best).

What kind of foods are in the vending machines? Approx costs?

How is the visiting room set up...i.e. do you have to sit across from each other at a table or can you sit next to one another?

Are they really strict on how long (or how many times) you kiss?

I seen I can't wear yellow; any other colors not allowed?

Any other helpful tips you can think of to add?

Wow, I'm already getting butterflies just thinking 'bout seeing him for the first time. LOL

~~M'love

Last edited by HesMyForever; 01-31-2011 at 02:40 AM..
Old 01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
My 1st Love n My Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
Well ladies...my visit is in 37 days and a wake-up!!!

I'm sooooooo excited!!

I will be visiting March 10-14th, and I'm willing to share a room with someone if anyone else wants to visit those days.

I do have a few q's:

Do they take pix every day, or just certain days? (Wanna make sure I look my best). It IS possible to take pics everyday...you just wont get the pics that day lol errrg but they show you the way the pic looks on the camera display

What kind of foods are in the vending machines? Approx costs?
The food is typical...the frozen burritos, candy, chips, popcorn...typical...and comparable pricing to the vending machines in Cali.
(or at least it was in May :/ )

How is the visiting room set up...i.e. do you have to sit across from each other at a table or can you sit next to one another?
They choose your table and tell you where to sit if it is just you guys' alone...if there are others then, you as his girl have to be across from him and not next to him :'(

Are they really strict on how long (or how many times) you kiss?
Wellll....i don't want to say they aren't strict and then they are on you...i usually just "test the waters" lol

I seen I can't wear yellow; any other colors not allowed?
Yellow is not allowed and neither is Green (hunter green) and you can't dress all in 1 color...

Any other helpful tips you can think of to add?
If you haven't seen my post from waaay back...you have to have your money ALL in quarters and NO HOOP EARRINGS lol
Wow, I'm already getting butterflies just thinking 'bout seeing him for the first time. LOL SOOOO KUTE!!!! I'm Excited for you...and Jealous lol AND THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!

Much Love and Respect,
The OnE ~N~ Only

LaDy ErkS
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyerks For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011, 09:03 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Ty so much Lady for all the answers!

Just a few clarifications on some things...

You said the vending is comparable to Cali's....I don't live in Cali tho...lol. I'm in PA. I'm glad they have burritos...was wondering if they had any substantial-type foods (ie. other than snacks) since Sat and Sun are all-day visits.

Also, you said no green....I had planned on wearing a black abaya (like a dress) and a green headscarf....so, does the "no green" apply to that as well, or would it just apply to your regular clothes (pants/shirts)?

Ha, if I can't wear it, that just helps me narrow down what I will wear. lol

Has anyone flown to OK? If so, did you rent a car or take a cab back and forth to the prison? How much did it cost approximately?

Sorry for all the q's.

~~M'love

Old 02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
My 1st Love n My Last

I think the head scarf should be fine...but bring a few to choose from...as far as the food...I always bring abt $20- 30 in...in case he's hungry...but he can still have his lunch tray brought to him...and personally I don't like the food so I don't eat really til I leave the facility...the burritos are like $7.00...hope this helps .....about the car...i'd say rent one...its probably cheaper in the end...and idk if there are many cabs out there lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyerks For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 03:52 PM
ananabee

I'm planning on visiting my man in a couple of months and just wanted to see if anyone had any idea on how visiting is with children? Are you confined to a table for 8 hours with kids? That's not something i'm o.k with.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 PM
My 1st Love n My Last

They have an area with a TV with the kids...n he can sit with them...there are games too of course.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyerks View Post
I think the head scarf should be fine...but bring a few to choose from...as far as the food...I always bring abt $20- 30 in...in case he's hungry...but he can still have his lunch tray brought to him...and personally I don't like the food so I don't eat really til I leave the facility...the burritos are like $7.00...hope this helps .....about the car...i'd say rent one...its probably cheaper in the end...and idk if there are many cabs out there lol

Thank you. WOW...$7 for a burrito?! Ha, yeah that's much more expensive than here in PA. Good to know they bring their lunch tray to him if he wants it.

Haha, I am sure I won't be able to eat at the visit on Thurs or Fri...too nervous! Maybe by Saturday, my butterflies will be calmed down.

As for the cab...I did some searching, there are 3 cab companies in Elk City. I'll try to call and find out how much it costs to/from the prison.

~~M'love

Old 02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
My 1st Love n My Last

Ok girl...don't forget to post the rates after so we can all have that option to remember...
Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
ananabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyerks View Post
They have an area with a TV with the kids...n he can sit with them...there are games too of course.
O.K Thanks. Can he walk around or does he just have to sit in that area? Sorry i just can't see my baby staying in one section for hours at a time.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
My 1st Love n My Last

Umm...they cant really walk around but he can play with the kids
Old 02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
thru thick*N*thin

hey ladies-couple ??z i plan on flying out to OK n about a month or so..(after i get back my taxes=) is oklahoma city airport tha most convienent to fly into?? rent a car-of course! any recomendations of affordable places to stay-doesnt have to be too close! N E imput would be appreciated thanx-itll be my first visit out there and i dont want to go by myself so far from cali-might get lost.lol ****IF ANYONE IS PLANNING A TRIP OUT THERE PRETTY SOON-WE COULD TALK DATES!? N WE CAN GO HALF ON THA CAR!****
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Hey ladies....

Well, my visit is creeping closer and closer.... I have 15 days and a wake-up til I'm on the plane (I decided to fly down, it wasn't much more expensive than if I took the bus...and it would be more comfortable and not take as long).

I'm trying to plan out my outfits for the visit.... Two quick q's....

One of the shirts I'm thinking of wearing has like sparkly stuff on it...will that be okay you think? Or would that be a no-go?

And, I have loafers with heels that I'd like to wear...what is the rule on those sort of shoes?

And if anyone has any advice for me...feel free to share!

Thanks in advance for any help.

~~M'love

Old 02-24-2011, 09:30 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Hey ladies....

Well, my visit is creeping closer and closer.... I have 15 days and a wake-up til I'm on the plane (I decided to fly down, it wasn't much more expensive than if I took the bus...and it would be more comfortable and not take as long).

One of the shirts I'm thinking of wearing has like sparkly stuff on it...will that be okay you think? Or would that be a no-go?

And, I have loafers with heels that I'd like to wear...what is the rule on those sort of shoes?

Oh, just thought of another q as well....does NFCF use those ion scanners?

I heard they can give false positives if you use like the anti-bacterial hand sanitizer. What about lotions? I wanted to wear a hand lotion I get from Bath & Bodyworks, but not if it might give me a false positive...does anyone know how those things work???

~~M'love

Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 AM
J <3 J D.B.D.

Quote:
Hey ladies....

I would think that would be fine..... but I would call Mrs. Hernandez just in case!! Dont wanna get denied on a technicality!
The Following User Says Thank You to Monita For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (02-24-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
thru thick*N*thin

Thumbs down FRUSTRATED w/NFCF visiting staff! input PLEASE!

idk if this is normal or how they run things over that way..?? BUT i have been leaving messages and calling for tha over tha past 3 weeks for Ms hernandez in visiting..ive left atleast 4+ messages and not one call returned! the only time i spoke with her was wen i was bothering the operator all day and she kept trying different extentions-she finally sent me to tha wardens secretarys office n ms hernandez happened to be visiting wit her-she took down all my info and my req and tha broad STILL hasnt called me back n that was 2 weeks ago! ive called and left more messages and nuthing! ive called and asked to speak with someone else and they all say they cant answer my ?s and transfter me to her again...and of course no answer! Im jus trying to see my man before i start my new job at tha end of this month-i finally got my taxes and am able to afford the trip to go-havent seen him in 9 months..its really hard-we all kno that with them taking them so far away! i jus need help on wat i should do bc the lady whos supposed to be answering my ?z aint! i dont wanna thro a B!T*# fit but i will-its hard enough wit them being so far away but to have their staff not even help is effin rediculous! please help i wanna see him ASAP!

Last edited by Emansgirl; 03-10-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

I can sooo relate! I had this problem as well when I was trying to find out if I was approved for visitation. What are you saying in your message? I found that, when I left messages inquiring to whether or not I was approved, she never returned my call. Eventually, I left a message saying I wanted to schedule a visit for such-and-such date, and she actually called me back! That's how I found out I was approved, 'cuz when she called she said "so you want to schedule a visit with so-n-so on this date..." and I said "yeah, but I guess I need to know whether I was approved first" and that's when she said I had been, and scheduled my visit.

Another thing to take note of....if you schedule your visit way in advance, call back the week before to double-check! I scheduled my visit for today back in January. Last week on Thurs I called and left a message saying that I had previously scheduled a visit for this upcoming week and I just wanted to make sure that I was in the system for the scheduled visit. She called back on TUESDAY this week saying she got my message about visiting this week and will put me on the list! I'm thinking, I shoulda already been on the list! So, I'm glad I did call last week. So, just wanted to give that friendly heads-up.

Hope things work out and you get to visit your guy!

~~M'love

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Emansgirl (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 AM
kikislady7

i have went out there quite a few times, and every time i went i had a very hard time getting in touch with her and she takes her time in returning telephone calls. I have complained and they seem to know the situation that is going on with ms. Hernandez not returning calls, for me it worked when i spoke to an operator and COMPLAINED she was picking up the phone when the operator transferd me! so if u dont have any luck call the operator im sure she wil get u thru and COMPLAIN!!!
Quote:
I can sooo relate! I had this problem as well when I was trying to find out if I was approved for visitation. What are you saying in your message? I found that, when I left messages inquiring to whether or not I was approved, she never returned my call. Eventually, I left a message saying I wanted to schedule a visit for such-and-such date, and she actually called me back! That's how I found out I was approved, 'cuz when she called she said "so you want to schedule a visit with so-n-so on this date..." and I said "yeah, but I guess I need to know whether I was approved first" and that's when she said I had been, and scheduled my visit.

Another thing to take note of....if you schedule your visit way in advance, call back the week before to double-check! I scheduled my visit for today back in January. Last week on Thurs I called and left a message saying that I had previously scheduled a visit for this upcoming week and I just wanted to make sure that I was in the system for the scheduled visit. She called back on TUESDAY this week saying she got my message about visiting this week and will put me on the list! I'm thinking, I shoulda already been on the list! So, I'm glad I did call last week. So, just wanted to give that friendly heads-up.

Hope things work out and you get to visit your guy!
Emansgirl (03-11-2011), Monita (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 AM
J <3 J D.B.D.

I agree she is terrible!!! Complain, complain, complain!!! I called for 2 weeks straight, anywhere from 4-8 times a day and left at least 3 messages per day!!! She had my # on caller ID and I know she was ignoring me!!!! ARGHH LOL!! I went thru Wardens Secretary, Operator... and anyone else who would answer LOL!!!! Finally she HAD to call me back!! LOL!!! Persistence pays off!!!! Be Relentless
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monita For This Useful Post:
Emansgirl (03-11-2011), HesMyForever (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
thru thick*N*thin

thank you guys for the imput- i really appreciate it! so i guess there is really nuthing else i can do than bug tha S**T outta her n tryn make her actually do tha job they are paying her to do..its good to kno.lol but i do think i will be submitting a formal complaint n writting-ill call tha wardens secretary and see who tha letter would go to cuz this s**t aint rite! again thank you!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:06 AM
*OURLOVEIS4EVER*

hi ladies, im so confused on everthing with this prison, all i know was my boo was in az and then they just moved him here to northfork..we are from cali, two weeks before he moved we sent in our visiting form but he left, do i have to request from north fork a new form are will the one we did bac in az will follow him??how long will that take if it dose follow him to be approve? How long will it take if we have to request a new one from north fork? What numbers do i call to check mt status?do i still call az are do i call northfork?
thanks ladies so much for any help you can share.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:07 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Hi and welcome to the NFCF forum.

I am not sure if you will need to request a new form or not, since he moved before you got approved/disapproved. I will say that once you're approved, it is final....you will be able to visit him wherever they transfer him to (unless, for some reason, you get your visits revoked for not following the rules).

If you do request another form (and someone else might be able to tell you if you need to or not), it took about 6 weeks for me to be approved....but I had no idea I was approved since they didn't tell m'love. It took me calling and leaving three or four messages about 2 months after I sent my form in, before they finally let us know I was approved. (I found out in mid-Dec, but apparently had actually been approved since mid-Nov).

~~M'love

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
chocolatedream2 (04-12-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 01:08 PM

I'm new here, I've been approved to visit my fiance. I'm planning on going the 2nd to last week of May.

I have a few questions for those of you who have gone there:

1. What hotel did you stay at? I'm trying to find the closest, most reasonably priced Hotel.

2. Is there cab service to the prison? I see someone posted that Elk City is about 10 minutes away, but I didn't see anything about Cab service and the cost.

I would love to hear any other tips or anyone has.

Thank you!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:34 PM
lovin' my Sillyboy!

Hello Mrs CRH! My hubby just got transfered to NFCF and I was planning my first trip at the end of may as well! Maybe we cld hook up. This would be my first time to OK I'm also wondering where to stay and car rentals... If it's something you're interested in please let me know! Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
lovin' my Sillyboy!

Hello chocolatedream2! Thanks for the post! I have the same questions about my hubby. I would like to visit him by the end of may but have no clue how to get there! I don't wanna get lost!