Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_CRH View Post
I'm new here, I've been approved to visit my fiance. I'm planning on going the 2nd to last week of May.

I have a few questions for those of you who have gone there:

1. What hotel did you stay at? I'm trying to find the closest, most reasonably priced Hotel.

2. Is there cab service to the prison? I see someone posted that Elk City is about 10 minutes away, but I didn't see anything about Cab service and the cost.

I would love to hear any other tips or anyone has.

Thank you!
Personally, I stayed at the Best Western in Elk City. It was clean, the staff was nice, it was fairly cheap, and had free wi-fi. It was about 15-20 minutes from the prison.
There are two cab companies in the area, but really it'd be cheaper to get a rental car. Consider the fact that you'd have to take the rental to and from the prison every day....and if you want to eat anywhere before your evening visits on Thurs, Fri, and Mon....or after your visits Sat and Sun, that's more cab fare. When I had called the cab company told me it would average about $50 a day (to go to and from the prison). So, the rental car would cost about the same....and even if it's a little more, at least then you have the freedom to drive when and where you want to go (keep in mind, what if the cab driver is late?). Just giving you something to think about.

Welcome to the NFCF forum, btw.

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM
*OURLOVEIS4EVER*

[quote=HesMyForever;6084549]Hi and welcome to the NFCF forum.

I am not sure if you will need to request a new form or not, since he moved before you got approved/disapproved. I will say that once you're approved, it is final....you will be able to visit him wherever they transfer him to (unless, for some reason, you get your visits revoked for not following the rules).

If you do request another form (and someone else might be able to tell you if you need to or not), it took about 6 weeks for me to be approved....but I had no idea I was approved since they didn't tell m'love. It took me calling and leaving three or four messages about 2 months after I sent my form in, before they finally let us know I was approved. (I found out in mid-Dec, but apparently had actually been approved since mid-Nov).[/quote
IM APPROVED FOR MY VISITS!!! I GOT THE CALL THIS PASS WEDNESDAY, NOW IM TRYNA PLANNED MY TRIP , BUTY OF COURSE I NEED TO SAVE UP FOR IT...DID YOU HAVE YOURS ALREADY?if so how was it?
The Following User Says Thank You to chocolatedream2 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (04-30-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 09:31 PM
*OURLOVEIS4EVER*

Default Just been approved for my visits!!!

HEY LADIES, I HAVE JUST BEEN APPROVED TO GO SEE MY BABY, HOWEVER I NEED TO KNOW WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE AS FAR AS PRICE FOR A ROUNDTRIP,HOTELS, RENTALS CARS AND MAY BE IF SOMEONE MIGHT WANT TO TO GO HALF ON THE WHOLE TRIP TOGETHER?IF YOU HAVE RECENT INFO ON THE RULES, AND AND HOW THINGS GO PLEASE SHARE THE INFO PLEASE.....THANKS LADIES
Old 04-30-2011, 01:40 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatedream2 View Post
IM APPROVED FOR MY VISITS!!! I GOT THE CALL THIS PASS WEDNESDAY, NOW IM TRYNA PLANNED MY TRIP , BUTY OF COURSE I NEED TO SAVE UP FOR IT...DID YOU HAVE YOURS ALREADY?if so how was it?

Congrats on your approval!

I had my visit in March...if you check the March Chit-Chat thread, you can read all about it. I had a fantastic time...I couldn't have expected better. I'm hoping to go back in October (ugh, that seems soooooo far away!).

~~M'love

Old 04-30-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLLys_gIrL7979 View Post
Hello Mrs CRH! My hubby just got transfered to NFCF and I was planning my first trip at the end of may as well! Maybe we cld hook up. This would be my first time to OK I'm also wondering where to stay and car rentals... If it's something you're interested in please let me know! Thanks!

This is my first time going to Oklahoma as well. Once I confirm the dates I'm going, I'll let you know!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM
kikislady7

I drove a few times up there, i really like the drive, it is a long drive though. You just take the 40 from needles all the way up!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM
lovin' my Sillyboy!

Hello ! Where's needles? How many hours was your drive? I'm coming from LA...
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM
lovin' my Sillyboy!

How about a trip to NFCF during the summer vacation??
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 PM

Default Planning on Visiting my Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLLys_gIrL7979 View Post
How about a trip to NFCF during the summer vacation??
Hi i live close to LA i was planning on flying or taking the greyhound to go see my hubby but i was looking to go with someone to share the car rental and room expens in maybe the end of June.

Last edited by asap; 05-09-2011 at 10:02 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 05:29 AM
kikislady7

needles is by Barstow, the 15 and instead of continuing to vegas you take the 40. It about a 24 hour drive. depending on how many stops you make. its like 1300 miles away.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
lovin' my Sillyboy!

dang 24 hr drive well it's well worth it

thanks for the info!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. My husband was just transferred from La Palma to NFCF this week. I was wondering if someone could please tell me how long does it take to be approved for visiting. I was approved at La Palma and actually went to visit him this weekend for our daughters first birthday and when I got there he said he was being moved which really sucks. Oklahoma is so far away. I also wanted to know how does the visiting work at NFCF? Is it by appointment only? What are the days and times? And lastly does his visiting list just get transferred over to where he is now? I hope so. If anyone could offer any info I would greatly appreciate it and thank you guys for all of the info I have read so far.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 AM
He's the love of my life

Location: Originally California USA, moved to Michigan in 2011

If you call they can give you that information (580) 928-8200 call visiting and they can tell you if you're approved or not. Usually what happens is once you're approved for visits in CA you're approved where they have been transferred to as well. Of course there are always exceptions. Good luck. Mine just got transferred from La Palma as well, guess we'll see how things go. Good luck to you. :0)

I miss you more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a great deal ~ Vita Sackville-West

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca0506 For This Useful Post:
ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012), Snowwolf (06-03-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. S 4Ever View Post
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. My husband was just transferred from La Palma to NFCF this week. I was wondering if someone could please tell me how long does it take to be approved for visiting. I was approved at La Palma and actually went to visit him this weekend for our daughters first birthday and when I got there he said he was being moved which really sucks. Oklahoma is so far away. I also wanted to know how does the visiting work at NFCF? Is it by appointment only? What are the days and times? And lastly does his visiting list just get transferred over to where he is now? I hope so. If anyone could offer any info I would greatly appreciate it and thank you guys for all of the info I have read so far.
Just saw your post...so, sorry for the late reply...but, welcome to the NFCF forum.

From my understanding, once you're approved to visit in one place, that carries over to wherever they go...so, you should be able to visit. You have to call and schedule the appt. (someone else already provided the number above). Be aware that Ms. Hernandez (the person that schedules visits) is VERY difficult to get a hold of....you'll probably have to call numerous times and leave a lot of messages before she finally returns your call. And, if you schedule more than a week in advance, I'd HIGHLY recommend calling the week before the visit to double-check.

Visits are:

Thursday and Friday: 5pm-10pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9am-4pm
Monday: 5pm-10pm

And you can visit each day. That's FIVE days of visiting...gotta love it!

~~M'love

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012)
Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 PM
My 1st Love n My Last

Quote:
Just saw your post...so, sorry for the late reply...but, welcome to the NFCF forum.

From my understanding, once you're approved to visit in one place, that carries over to wherever they go...so, you should be able to visit. You have to call and schedule the appt. (someone else already provided the number above). Be aware that Ms. Hernandez (the person that schedules visits) is VERY difficult to get a hold of....you'll probably have to call numerous times and leave a lot of messages before she finally returns your call. And, if you schedule more than a week in advance, I'd HIGHLY recommend calling the week before the visit to double-check.

Visits are:

Thursday and Friday: 5pm-10pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9am-4pm
Monday: 5pm-10pm

And you can visit each day. That's FIVE days of visiting...gotta love it!

Hey gurl just wanted to let you kno...Ms. KING is now the one that takes care of appt. now and she is WONDERFUL no issues with calls or anything

Much Love and Respect,
The OnE ~N~ Only

LaDy ErkS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladyerks For This Useful Post:
ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012), HesMyForever (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011, 02:06 PM
My 1st Love n My Last

THere arent FVs at this facility yet; but we do have 5 days of visits to look forward to

Appointments: You must make an appt. with Ms. King to see the inmate on the appropriate dates at least a week in advance to visit (you can't just leave a voicemail, you must confirm with her)
The # is.... (580) 928- 8200

Visiting HOurs:
Thursday, Friday, n Mondays visits are 5pm-10pm

Saturday & Sunday it is 9am-4pm the visits are realllly great. The facility is nice and new, so it is very clean and well kept. (so far)

Pictures: the money for pictures is paid for by using the money from the inmates account "books"... they sell them 3 pictures for $5 and the inmate mails them to you after visits... but they are a nice quality, digital picture. (it took about a week or 2 to get them)

Dresscode: You are allowed to wear any color EXCEPT Yellow and Hunter Green and YES, Jeans ARE allowed ....you CAN'T wear just one solid color like all black or all blue etc.
Leggings are allowed only if the dress goes to the knee that u have over them...

No Hoop Earrings, No Sandals....(but i wore the ones with the strap around the ankle and 2 out of the 3 days they allowed them in so bring em at your own risk) No Underwire Bras, i didn't go with my heels on so if you plan on wearing them, you should ask about that and for any other Qs the usual Cali dress code applies or if all else fails ask ahead of time. THey do have lockers so you can bring a "just in case" outfit to change into... it is $0.25 to use them though

$Money$ has to be only in quarters ($20 max per adult) and carried in a see-through bag

This is all i can think of so far but i hope it helps anyone who is going to visit soon
Any other ladies whom have visited PLEASE feel free to add anything i left out

Much Love and Respect,
The OnE ~N~ Only

LaDy ErkS
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladyerks For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (10-16-2011), ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012), HesMyForever (06-27-2011), lizzie416 (11-09-2011), Martina76 (08-10-2011), Snowwolf (06-27-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 PM

Hello ladies... I'm somewhat new to PT, I have read some previous posts that really helped answer some of my questions. I just now decided to register to PT. Thank you all for the very usefull info!

I plan to visit my love at NFCF this weekend and I'll be driving there from Missouri. He was transferred there from California a lil while back and I've gone to see him once before last month.

Just wanted to see if anyone is planning to go this weekend to see their loved one and if so please let me know. I plan to go with my kids so if you plan to be there this weekend let me know and we could possibly share a room and save some money!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyerks View Post
THere arent FVs at this facility yet; but we do have 5 days of visits to look forward to

Appointments: You must make an appt. with Ms. King to see the inmate on the appropriate dates at least a week in advance to visit (you can't just leave a voicemail, you must confirm with her)
The # is.... (580) 928- 8200

Visiting HOurs:
Thursday, Friday, n Mondays visits are 5pm-10pm

Saturday & Sunday it is 9am-4pm the visits are realllly great. The facility is nice and new, so it is very clean and well kept. (so far)

Pictures: the money for pictures is paid for by using the money from the inmates account "books"... they sell them 3 pictures for $5 and the inmate mails them to you after visits... but they are a nice quality, digital picture. (it took about a week or 2 to get them)

Dresscode: You are allowed to wear any color EXCEPT Yellow and Hunter Green and YES, Jeans ARE allowed ....you CAN'T wear just one solid color like all black or all blue etc.
Leggings are allowed only if the dress goes to the knee that u have over them...

No Hoop Earrings, No Sandals....(but i wore the ones with the strap around the ankle and 2 out of the 3 days they allowed them in so bring em at your own risk) No Underwire Bras, i didn't go with my heels on so if you plan on wearing them, you should ask about that and for any other Qs the usual Cali dress code applies or if all else fails ask ahead of time. THey do have lockers so you can bring a "just in case" outfit to change into... it is $0.25 to use them though

$Money$ has to be only in quarters ($20 max per adult) and carried in a see-through bag

This is all i can think of so far but i hope it helps anyone who is going to visit soon
Any other ladies whom have visited PLEASE feel free to add anything i left out

Thank you very much for that very useful info!!! It helped me alot when I went to see my man last weekend. Here's some other info I wanted to share for those that might be looking for a decent and affordable place to stay while there:

I went to see my honey last weekend and I found that the cheapest hotel that you can find there is Roadway Inn in Elk City. It's only like 15 min or so, away from the prison. It's nothing like the Hampton Inn but it's clean, has A/C, mini fridge, microwave, T.V., ect. Just make sure you ask for non-smoking room (I heard that smoking rooms are dirty). That's probably the closest and most affordable hotel you'll find in the area. Oh yea... and all rooms have two beds, so it's good if you take kids with you or find someone to share a room with that might be going the same time you are.

I plan to go again sometime the end of August.

Now if you don't care to pay more you have several hotel options including the new American Inn in Sayre, OK their rooms run at about $85 per night with tax and all you're looking to pay about $105. They have a swiming pool, bar and grill (real small) and I think they also have a hot tub near the pool. Or you could look online for other Hotels in Elk City, OK. the only Hotel in Sayre, OK. is the American Inn but Elk City is not too far if you decide to stay there.
Hope this helps anyone looking for info for their visit!

.......One more thing! They do have a change machine as soon as you walk in to the prison reception before you go through security in case you need more quarters for your visit!

Last edited by ejramirez; 07-21-2011 at 12:32 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejramirez For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (10-17-2011), ladyerks (09-05-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 07:05 PM
My 1 and only true love

I need help please i will visiting my love but i need to know if they will let you take pictures and how does it work do you have to pay for it or how can i so it please let me know. Thanks in advance.

HE MIGHT BE ONE PERSON TO THE WORLD BUT
TO ME HE IS THE WHOLE WORLD
Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Hi Faraway...they do pix every day during visits. I think they are $5 for 3 pix. You have to put the money on your guy's books in advance so he has the money to pay for the pix. When will you visit?

~~M'love

Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 PM
My 1 and only true love

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
Hi Faraway...they do pix every day during visits. I think they are $5 for 3 pix. You have to put the money on your guy's books in advance so he has the money to pay for the pix. When will you visit?

I will be visiting from 8-12 to 8-14 I am so happy thanks for the information about the pictures, he just got transfer last month.

HE MIGHT BE ONE PERSON TO THE WORLD BUT
TO ME HE IS THE WHOLE WORLD
The Following User Says Thank You to FARAWAY LOVE For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (08-03-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Our love will never Die

Default Visiting

Hello ladies I'm wanting to go visit my boo I have a couple questions ?

1. Where do I fly into ?
2.what's the closest hotel cheapest ?
3.should I get a rental car and from where ?
4. How long is 1 day visit if were coming from San Diego ca ?
5. What's the do's and don'ts of the visits ?
6.what's weather like in OK in sept ?
7. Do he need to send me a visiting form ?
8. Can we just surprise them with a visit like I don't tell him I'm coming just go ?
9. Can we wear Victoria secret sweats and tops ?
In sept of this year flights are cheap like $300 and some change so I want to go visit him I haven't seen him since 2009 I need to see him please help with any info thank you ladies
Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 AM

Hello everyone,im new to this site...
my boyfriend recently moved from arizona to oklahoma...
im coming from cali planning a visit to oklahoma maybe in october..

anybody visit coming from cali ?? if so i could sure use the help.
trying to figure whats the closet airport?? and hotel??

thank you
Old 08-08-2011, 03:30 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

1. Where do I fly into? You can fly into either Oklahoma City or Amarillo, TX...Elk City (which is the best place to stay at) is smack-dab in the middle between the two.

2.what's the closest hotel cheapest?
Cheapest hotels will be in Elk City (about 10-15 minutes from the prison). Motel 6 was the cheapest, and it was fairly nice for a cheap hotel.

3.should I get a rental car and from where?
Yes. You can get one at the airport; it's best if you book it in advance. I got mine through Budget, they seemed to be cheapest. (FYI: I booked my room, car, and plane ticket all through Oribitz, and they got me pretty good deals on everything). There is a cab company in the area...but it'd cost you about the same (if not more) for daily use of a cab as it would to rent a car, and cabs aren't as reliable.

4. How long is 1 day visit if were coming from San Diego ca?
Thurs and Friday visits: 5pm-10pm
Sat and Sunday visits: 9am-4pm
Monday visit: 5pm-10pm

(You can visit ALL 5 days!!!! ).

5. What's the do's and don'ts of the visits?

a. The inmate has to stay seated (with the exception of using the bathroom and when you get pix taken); only the visitor is permitted to go to the vending machines and microwave.

b. The visitor also has to open all packages from the vending machine and place the food on a paper towel.

c. Visitors can't wear yellow or hunter green.

d. You only get one hug and kiss upon entering and leaving the visit.

e. You can only hold hands on top of the table during the visit (if you're their spouse/gf/LO, you must sit across from them).

These are the only ones I can think of for now, I'm sure others might be able to add to the list.

6.what's weather like in OK in sept? I don't know...hopefully someone else can answer this one.

7. Do he need to send me a visiting form? If you're not already on the visiting list from before (when he was in Cali), then yes. If you were approved before he was transferred to OK, then you should be okay.

8. Can we just surprise them with a visit like I don't tell him I'm coming just go? You can surprise him, but you still have to call the prison to schedule a visit.

9. Can we wear Victoria secret sweats and tops? If it's a tank top...no. If the sweats are too tight, they might not let you.

~~M'love

Last edited by HesMyForever; 08-08-2011 at 03:33 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012), LadyScorpio86 (01-17-2014), Martina76 (08-10-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyvee View Post
Hello everyone,im new to this site...
my boyfriend recently moved from arizona to oklahoma...
im coming from cali planning a visit to oklahoma maybe in october..

anybody visit coming from cali ?? if so i could sure use the help.
trying to figure whats the closet airport?? and hotel??

thank you

Hi Simplyvee...welcome to the NFCF forum. You can fly into Oklahoma City or Amarillo, TX. Elk City (the best place to stay) is right in the middle of the two airports.

Hotels...the cheapest are in Elk City. I stayed at Motel 6 and another girl that was at the visits the same time stayed at Best Western...they were both pretty cheap. For a cheap hotel, Motel 6 was pretty nice. FYI...I booked my room, car and plane ticket through Orbitz...it was cheaper that way.

~~M'love

Last edited by HesMyForever; 08-08-2011 at 03:34 AM..