Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:14 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

You're welcome.

I forgot to mention...in re: to the Victoria Secret tops/sweats....that they have lockers there at the prison (costs a quarter), so you might want to take a change of clothes with you just in case.

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 01:58 PM
ananabee

I'm planning a visit this november by flight. Is anyone else planning a trip soon?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 PM

I was reading this thread and maybe i can give you a little more info I live in SW Oklahoma about 30 minutes from sayre. It was asked what the weather is like here in September. The days are still hot like in the 90's hot. but this has been a really hot summer for us. like 100 days of 100 degrees or more. so it could be hotter. it isnt a rainy month for us and the nights are pretty mild 70's & low 80's. if you inbox me a few days before your trip i can send you the weather info. if there is anything else i can answer or help with please let me know. have a safe trip and good visit. i will keep all your loved ones in my prayers. and pray all goes well for you ladies i can not imagine how hard it is your loved one being this far away is on you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EDSangel For This Useful Post:
ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012), HesMyForever (09-02-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayngrl View Post
I'm planning a visit this november by flight. Is anyone else planning a trip soon?

I hope to be going next month for a visit....I can hardly wait! I plan on visiting Oct 6th-10th.

~~M'love

Old 09-18-2011, 06:31 PM

I'm planning on visiting my Fiance Nov 3rd through the 6th. Anyone else planning on going around this time? I'm not able to rent a car, but I'm willing to share in the cost if you're able to rent one.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
My 1 and only true love

God Bless everyone!!! Does anybody knows if they can visits during Thanksgiving day any info will help thanks a lot for all the information you girls provide you are very helpful. Have a Bless day.

HE MIGHT BE ONE PERSON TO THE WORLD BUT
TO ME HE IS THE WHOLE WORLD
Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Donation Award 

Default Bad news for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_CRH View Post
I'm planning on visiting my Fiance Nov 3rd through the 6th. Anyone else planning on going around this time? I'm not able to rent a car, but I'm willing to share in the cost if you're able to rent one.
My visit for October 27 was already approved by Miss King,, airfare paid, all of that. I just heard from her that it is almost a definite certainty there wil be NO visiting for a while. Sadly, Marie
Old 10-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARAWAY LOVE View Post
God Bless everyone!!! Does anybody knows if they can visits during Thanksgiving day any info will help thanks a lot for all the information you girls provide you are very helpful. Have a Bless day.
I talked to Miss King again this morning Thursday 10/20 and she reconfirmed NO visits. I told her about the memo the men received saying if appointment made before the riot okay (mine was made weeks ago) but she was very clear NO visits are going to happen. I am very disappointed as I am sure some others of you are. Marie
The Following User Says Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
FARAWAY LOVE (10-21-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

There's gotta be a way to fight this I'd think. If they sent out that memo, they should have to follow their own memo.

~~M'love

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (10-20-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Donation Award 

Default I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
There's gotta be a way to fight this I'd think. If they sent out that memo, they should have to follow their own memo.
I think they could fall back on safety issues unfortunately
Old 10-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Donation Award 

Default It's official, my trip cancelled

Miss King told me this morning on the phone the institution is considered in a "state of emergency." There is no visiting planned at this time. When it does start up again, it may not be for all groups.

She also said there is not a place to visit in right now, I do not know what that means, maybe damaged in riot or being used for other purposes right now?

She gave this advice.... call the visiting number, which is 580-928-8030 after hours and the recording will update visiting status when this changes.

Hang in there evryone, this will get better.

Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (10-24-2011), ladyerks (11-12-2011)
Old 12-25-2011, 06:40 PM

Hi Ladies - I have a few questions for those of you who have been able to visit at North Fork.

1. How big are the lockers? Are they big enough to fit a carry on size suitcase? Or duffle bag?

2. If there isn't enough room in the locker for the above...will I be able to check a bag in with them for safe keeping until visitation is over?

3. Do you know if we can wear skinny jeans? Or are these considered to be in the same category of leggings?
Old 12-25-2011, 06:50 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Hi Ladies - I have a few questions for those of you who have been able to visit at North Fork.

1. How big are the lockers? Are they big enough to fit a carry on size suitcase? Or duffle bag?

2. If there isn't enough room in the locker for the above...will I be able to check a bag in with them for safe keeping until visitation is over?

3. Do you know if we can wear skinny jeans? Or are these considered to be in the same category of leggings?
I'm not sure about the skinny jeans. I didn't really pay attention to what others were wearing, and I wear baggy, loose clothing...so....

The lockers are not big enough for any luggage. They are rather small lockers.

I'm not sure if they would hold the bag for you...it's kinda small area back behind the desk, so I don't know they would have the space to keep your bag.

~~M'love

Old 12-25-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure about the skinny jeans. I didn't really pay attention to what others were wearing, and I wear baggy, loose clothing...so....

The lockers are not big enough for any luggage. They are rather small lockers.

I'm not sure if they would hold the bag for you...it's kinda small area back behind the desk, so I don't know they would have the space to keep your bag.

Thank you.

I've searched all over on line and I can't find the rules for visitation posted anywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs_CRH For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (12-25-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Donation Award 

Default visiting rules

Quote:
Thank you.

I've searched all over on line and I can't find the rules for visitation posted anywhere.
I could not find rules either and I go first time in two weeks, but Miss King told me I think everything I need to know. Some rules seem to be different from Cali, like she told me $20 only. Try calling her maybe.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:14 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

I didn't see a set of rules listed anywhere....however, there's lots of info here on the forum, and whatever q's you have that you can also post.

Here's a few basics...

1. There are small lockers to keep belongings, they are $0.25 but you get your quarter back at the end of the day.

2. You can only take $20 in with you, in a clear bag (however, you can keep an extra $10 in your locker and go back out to get it during the visit if you need it; only once have I had to ever do that from m'love and I, and that was on a Saturday visit).

3. You can't wear yellow or hunter green.

4. You can't wear one solid color for an entire outfit.

5. You're not supposed to wear an underwire bra (will set off the metal detector)...however I have seen them let ladies in who were wearing one...but Idk how strict they will be right now, so you might not want to risk it.

6. No tight clothes or low cut shirts.

7. If you wear a sweatshirt (i.e. over a tshirt) into the visitation room, you have to keep it on in the visit, unless you leave to go put it in the locker.

8. If you're a couple, you'll have to sit across from each other (if you're a parent of an inmate, you can sit next to each other).

9. You get only a hug and brief kiss at the beginning and end of the visit. Throughout the visit, you can hold hands.

10. Only the visitor can get up to go to the vending machines or to get the games (they have all sorts...monopoly, boggle, scrabble, etc). If you get food out the machines, you have to open the food package and put the contents on a paper towel on the table.

I think that's pretty much everything. I'm not sure if they will be doing pictures or not (my understanding is the camera had been destroyed during the riot...don't know if they got a new one, you might want to call and ask). If they do...they are $5 for 3 pictures I believe, and the money has to be on his books beforehand. Hope this helps! If you have any additional questions/concerns...feel free to post.

~~M'love

ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012)
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Donation Award 

Default Visiting

Quote:
I didn't see a set of rules listed anywhere....however, there's lots of info here on the forum, and whatever q's you have that you can also post.

Here's a few basics...

1. There are small lockers to keep belongings, they are $0.25 but you get your quarter back at the end of the day.

2. You can only take $20 in with you, in a clear bag (however, you can keep an extra $10 in your locker and go back out to get it during the visit if you need it; only once have I had to ever do that from m'love and I, and that was on a Saturday visit).

3. You can't wear yellow or hunter green.

4. You can't wear one solid color for an entire outfit.

5. You're not supposed to wear an underwire bra (will set off the metal detector)...however I have seen them let ladies in who were wearing one...but Idk how strict they will be right now, so you might not want to risk it.

6. No tight clothes or low cut shirts.

7. If you wear a sweatshirt (i.e. over a tshirt) into the visitation room, you have to keep it on in the visit, unless you leave to go put it in the locker.

8. If you're a couple, you'll have to sit across from each other (if you're a parent of an inmate, you can sit next to each other).

9. You get only a hug and brief kiss at the beginning and end of the visit. Throughout the visit, you can hold hands.

10. Only the visitor can get up to go to the vending machines or to get the games (they have all sorts...monopoly, boggle, scrabble, etc). If you get food out the machines, you have to open the food package and put the contents on a paper towel on the table.

I think that's pretty much everything. I'm not sure if they will be doing pictures or not (my understanding is the camera had been destroyed during the riot...don't know if they got a new one, you might want to call and ask). If they do...they are $5 for 3 pictures I believe, and the money has to be on his books beforehand. Hope this helps! If you have any additional questions/concerns...feel free to post.
Hi everyone,

I'm going soon for the first time myself and Miss King also told me no red and also no white! LOL

I was wondering.... for you ladies who have visited in Cali and now also at NFCF if that $20 goes very far? If the prices are anything like Cali, it can't buy much, so I am hoping things are a little cheaper? Like how much were the things you bought your guys? we could bring in $50 in Cali and this doesn't seem like it will buy much?

Thanks for any info!

Thank you so much

Old 12-31-2011, 10:55 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm going soon for the first time myself and Miss King also told me no red and also no white! LOL

I was wondering.... for you ladies who have visited in Cali and now also at NFCF if that $20 goes very far? If the prices are anything like Cali, it can't buy much, so I am hoping things are a little cheaper? Like how much were the things you bought your guys? we could bring in $50 in Cali and this doesn't seem like it will buy much?

Thanks for any info!

Thank you so much
Since I never visited in Cali...I don't know how similar the prices are.
This is to the best of my recollection:

The sodas/water are $1.35
The candy bars and beef jerky (single piece) are $1.00
I can't remember if the chips were $1 or $0.85
Cheeseburger Sliders were $2.25 I think
Chimichangas were $2.00
Angus Cheeseburger I think were $3.00
Cheesesteak was $2.25 I think

Those are just the items m'love and I tend to get (we don't eat pork, so things like the ham & cheese hotpockets; pepperoni pizza; sausage and egg items; etc I didn't pay attention to the prices).

My numbers may be a little off, as I'm typing this from memory from the Oct visit...but if I'm wrong on any of the costs, I know I'm not far off.

I hope this is helpful!

~~M'love

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (12-31-2011), ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012), lizzie416 (01-02-2012)
Old 12-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Donation Award 

Default Yay

Quote:
Since I never visited in Cali...I don't know how similar the prices are.
This is to the best of my recollection:

The sodas/water are $1.35
The candy bars and beef jerky (single piece) are $1.00
I can't remember if the chips were $1 or $0.85
Cheeseburger Sliders were $2.25 I think
Chimichangas were $2.00
Angus Cheeseburger I think were $3.00
Cheesesteak was $2.25 I think

Those are just the items m'love and I tend to get (we don't eat pork, so things like the ham & cheese hotpockets; pepperoni pizza; sausage and egg items; etc I didn't pay attention to the prices).

My numbers may be a little off, as I'm typing this from memory from the Oct visit...but if I'm wrong on any of the costs, I know I'm not far off.

I hope this is helpful!
This is great thank you. Prices seem much lower than Cali. Last time I was there in Cali they had a salad in the machine and it was $7.00 and that was a long time ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (12-31-2011), lizzie416 (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 PM

I had my visit last week. I was able to wear skinny jeans and boots. It's possible they were ok with the skinny jeans because my sweater covered my butt, not sure, but they didn't say anything.

I was able to purchase my husband a lot of food and still had money left over, so $20 can go a long ways.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs_CRH For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (01-02-2012), FARAWAY LOVE (01-27-2012), ForeverJaysLady (01-21-2012), HesMyForever (01-02-2012), lizzie416 (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 PM
~Our hearts are ONE~

Quote:
I had my visit last week. I was able to wear skinny jeans and boots. It's possible they were ok with the skinny jeans because my sweater covered my butt, not sure, but they didn't say anything.

I was able to purchase my husband a lot of food and still had money left over, so $20 can go a long ways.

This is awesome!! Thanks for sharing! When I found out about the $20 I was like your kidding, right?! My babe gets spoiled in visiting. In AZ we used to go through $40+ a day! So I am happy to hear that food is cheaper in OK and that $20 is worth it.

I also heard that we could keep extra $$ in your locker since you have to get re-processed when you used the restroom. (good to know!!)

Old 01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
sfitzsuz

Default visiting in sayre

Quote:
Just fyi, Greyhound does go into Elk City which, according to Ms. Hernandez, is like 10 minutes from Sayre. I'm assuming you can either rent a car from Elk City, or that they should have some sort of cab service...?
we rented a car in Oklahoma City . I rented it online and the cost was 23.00 per day. the drive from Ok city is about 1 1/2 hours. I don't recall seeing any buses,but that does not mean there are none.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Donation Award 

Default motels

Quote:
I have the number to a cab driver that will charge you $5 to drive you anywhere within Sayre. He charged me $10 to drive me from Elk City to Sayre. Message me if you want his number.
I am curious how you feel about your motels. I just stayed at Days Inn in Elk City, the only available place, everything else was booked. The room was okay but not great and was overpriced. But it did have a frig and micro and is attached to a Denny's which was a big convenience. Do you ladies have a place you like to stay when you visit? Is there anything closer to Sayre than Elk City?

Thanks for any info!

Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
I am curious how you feel about your motels. I just stayed at Days Inn in Elk City, the only available place, everything else was booked. The room was okay but not great and was overpriced. But it did have a frig and micro and is attached to a Denny's which was a big convenience. Do you ladies have a place you like to stay when you visit? Is there anything closer to Sayre than Elk City?

Thanks for any info!
I tend to stay at the Motel 6 in Elk City...it's not too badly priced and the rooms are clean. It doesn't contain a frig or micro in the room (there is a micro in the lobby for everyone to use) though, but I don't need either really. There's a Subway across the street and I usually stop there for a sub. As far as I know, Elk City is the closest place to Sayre.

~~M'love

Biznessgal2 (01-21-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 PM
~Our hearts are ONE~

Default Hampton Inn

For those that have visited recently or been through Elk City, have you girls seen the HAMPTON INN? They are having a special this week and I wanted too look into BUT I mapped and I dont see it in the map. I was wondering if its b/c its new???

Have you girls seen it? I would hate to book it and then I cant find it, lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to lizzie416 For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (01-21-2012)