Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Washington that do not fit into any other Washington sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,684 Times in 2,686 Posts
Default Washington Chit Chat 2018

Happy New Year everyone! May it bring you love and peace.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,614 Times in 4,042 Posts

I am flying into Seattle airport in early December , does anyone use that airport? If so how easy is it to switch between terminals.I am arriving from London and transferring onto a flight to Denver.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 10-28-2018, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

There's a "transit level" with a train that will take you the other terminals. As long as you have at least 2 hours between flights, you should be okay, though customs can get backed up sometimes and with the recent bombings, customs and security have been tightened lately, making lines longer. If you have the option, I'd go for at least 3 hours between flights.

Here's a link to the map of the airport: http://www.mappery.com/map-of/SeaTac-Airport-Map

Sleep as much as you can on the flight - the time zone change is a bugger!
Old 10-28-2018, 07:04 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,614 Times in 4,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
There's a "transit level" with a train that will take you the other terminals. As long as you have at least 2 hours between flights, you should be okay, though customs can get backed up sometimes and with the recent bombings, customs and security have been tightened lately, making lines longer. If you have the option, I'd go for at least 3 hours between flights.

Here's a link to the map of the airport: http://www.mappery.com/map-of/SeaTac-Airport-Map

Sleep as much as you can on the flight - the time zone change is a bugger!
Thank you for your help I arrive at 12.30 and my connecting flight is at 15.10 so I am thinking I should be Ok. That is over 2 hours , because I am arriving on an international flight I am used to long customs and immigration delays. I will check with the Virgin Delta reps about possible fast track if things get tight last thing I need is to miss my connecting flight.

It looks straight forward and the trains make it easier. I normally fly into Atlanta but the flights I wanted were full I guess a lot of people returning home for Christmas. My first trip Seattle and sadly all I will see is the airport.

The 8 hours time difference is a killer I try and reduce jet lag by sleeping as much as possible and keeping hydrated. I struggle adjusting to the time when I get home , awake all night and tired all day.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

It should be okay. There are also a lot of flights on a lot of different airlines between SeaTac and Denver, so even if you miss your flight due to customs delays, the airline should be able to get you on another flight fairly quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
maytayah (10-29-2018)