Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 AM
msladyj75's Avatar
msladyj75 msladyj75 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: From Louisiana live in Killeen, TX
Posts: 159
Thanks: 213
Thanked 93 Times in 50 Posts
Default Ankle monitor

My fiancť got approved for parole (FI-1) and will be on an ankle monitor once released. The IPO visited him yesterday to verify his address. Will contact me by phone to verify the address too? Will they come by to visit before he comes home since heíll be on an ankle monitor? Thanks in advance for your answers.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-21-2018, 08:57 AM
SuzNJim SuzNJim is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I was visited months ago prior to my husband's release so they could approve my home environment. I believe they need to approve where he is going before he can be released. Now that I have moved, they will have to come back and inspect my home. I'm surprised you haven't been contacted to make an in-home inspection appointment.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuzNJim For This Useful Post:
msladyj75 (09-24-2018)
  #3  
Old 09-21-2018, 05:23 PM
MDee's Avatar
MDee MDee is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 240
Thanks: 62
Thanked 101 Times in 78 Posts
Default

When my LO was out on the monitor they did call to verify the address and also to let us know that there needed to be a landline to connect the monitor to. They did not visit the home until the day he was released. His PO came to install the monitor that evening and went over what areas of the house were safe after curfew.
__________________
If GOD brings you to it, he will bring you through it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MDee For This Useful Post:
msladyj75 (09-24-2018)
  #4  
Old 09-22-2018, 04:02 AM
Itshardtowait Itshardtowait is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Idaho-USA
Posts: 184
Thanks: 288
Thanked 126 Times in 61 Posts
Default

When my son had his ankle monitor we did not need to have a landline, it was all wireless and required the ankle monitor itself to be plugged in at night to recharge, how ever the little black box was freestanding and did not require anything.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itshardtowait For This Useful Post:
msladyj75 (09-24-2018)
  #5  
Old 09-22-2018, 05:15 AM
GZyberi GZyberi is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

It would only makes sense that they would visit a residence. I would suggest calling their office and simply asking.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-22-2018, 09:45 AM
SAGIRL's Avatar
SAGIRL SAGIRL is offline
Loving you since 1995
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,731
Thanks: 421
Thanked 575 Times in 539 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshardtowait View Post
When my son had his ankle monitor we did not need to have a landline, it was all wireless and required the ankle monitor itself to be plugged in at night to recharge, how ever the little black box was freestanding and did not require anything.
Was it a GPS monitor?
From what so understand there are 2 monitors. A GPS monitor and Curfew monitor.

Curfew monitor requires a land line. A GPS monitor is more restrictive.
__________________
To the WORLD you may be one person; but to ONE person you may be the world.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAGIRL For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (09-22-2018), msladyj75 (09-24-2018)
  #7  
Old 09-22-2018, 10:02 AM
SAGIRL's Avatar
SAGIRL SAGIRL is offline
Loving you since 1995
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,731
Thanks: 421
Thanked 575 Times in 539 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msladyj75 View Post
My fiancť got approved for parole (FI-1) and will be on an ankle monitor once released. The IPO visited him yesterday to verify his address. Will contact me by phone to verify the address too? Will they come by to visit before he comes home since heíll be on an ankle monitor? Thanks in advance for your answers.
It's not consistent. I had 2 different experiences with 2 different parole officers. One called me and asked me a few questions and asked me to come in to sign paperwork. He never visited my house. He called me after 7pm when the office was already closed and wanted me to go in the very next day which was a Tuesday Sadly I had a very early flight the next morning and unable to go in until Friday. After our arrangement of me going I n on Friday, they decided not to accept it and failed the plan for the reason of me not being to go in when they wanted me to. Placement and Release called me to ask when I was going to be back in town and ended up sending his file back to Parole. The 2nd Parole officer that was newly assigned to my loved one just showed up at my house and had me sign the paperwork. She told me the monitoring is done by another person and he will come to my house the week before to set up the monitor. All I needed to have is a plain Jane analog landline with a wired phone. My loved one asked what type of monitor he would have at the unit and he was told a curfew monitor.
__________________
To the WORLD you may be one person; but to ONE person you may be the world.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-22-2018, 04:51 PM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,888
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,061 Times in 5,992 Posts
Default

In MOST instances, a PO will be out a day or so prior to the release to install the monitor in a central location within the residence. They don't want it too early (nor do you) since, once installed, it begins searching for the ankle unit. When it isn't found, the systems often beep incessantly...

Once released, they will need to come out to do the range check.

Some units are cell based and others require a landline. They are gradually moving towards all of them being cell-based but there are still some of the older units in the inventory...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (09-22-2018), msladyj75 (09-24-2018)
  #9  
Old 09-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Itshardtowait Itshardtowait is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Idaho-USA
Posts: 184
Thanks: 288
Thanked 126 Times in 61 Posts
Default Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGIRL View Post
Was it a GPS monitor?
From what so understand there are 2 monitors. A GPS monitor and Curfew monitor.

Curfew monitor requires a land line. A GPS monitor is more restrictive.
It was a GPS monitor, It only monitored when he was in the house, he didn’t have a curfew. It was Cell based

Last edited by Itshardtowait; 09-22-2018 at 06:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itshardtowait For This Useful Post:
SAGIRL (09-22-2018)
  #10  
Old 09-22-2018, 06:53 PM
Itshardtowait Itshardtowait is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Idaho-USA
Posts: 184
Thanks: 288
Thanked 126 Times in 61 Posts
Default

CenTexLyn, His was cell based
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Itshardtowait Itshardtowait is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Idaho-USA
Posts: 184
Thanks: 288
Thanked 126 Times in 61 Posts
Default

It was a silent small box, and it was supplied from a company out of Colorado, it was $135 a month, apparently when he was out of range it was supposed to send a signal to The P.O., that thing went off all the time, he would call me at 2am., take a photo of the box, was the box moved? It was never moved, it never worked correctly, We would have a storm it would go off, truly it was a pain for the P.O. and myself, sometimes I’d have to take a photo and email it of my son sleeping, eating, watching tv, etc. That’s been 13 months ago, hopefully they have improved.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-23-2018, 06:30 AM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,888
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,061 Times in 5,992 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshardtowait View Post
It was a silent small box, and it was supplied from a company out of Colorado, it was $135 a month, apparently when he was out of range it was supposed to send a signal to The P.O., that thing went off all the time, he would call me at 2am., take a photo of the box, was the box moved? It was never moved, it never worked correctly, We would have a storm it would go off, truly it was a pain for the P.O. and myself, sometimes Iíd have to take a photo and email it of my son sleeping, eating, watching tv, etc. Thatís been 13 months ago, hopefully they have improved.
While one of the major players for monitors IS out of Colorado, persons on parole or mandatory supervision in Texas pay no fees. As such, what you had may not have been the same as what is in use in this State.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (09-24-2018), msladyj75 (09-24-2018), sidewalker (09-25-2018)
  #13  
Old 09-25-2018, 06:56 AM
msladyj75's Avatar
msladyj75 msladyj75 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: From Louisiana live in Killeen, TX
Posts: 159
Thanks: 213
Thanked 93 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzNJim View Post
I was visited months ago prior to my husband's release so they could approve my home environment. I believe they need to approve where he is going before he can be released. Now that I have moved, they will have to come back and inspect my home. I'm surprised you haven't been contacted to make an in-home inspection appointment.
No I havenít been contacted yet. All I know is that last week the IPO asked my fiancť whatís the address he will parole to. They may contact me soon. Iíll keep updating everything.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to msladyj75 For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (10-03-2018)
  #14  
Old 10-22-2018, 05:08 PM
slw024 slw024 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 41
Thanks: 6
Thanked 42 Times in 13 Posts
Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by msladyj75 View Post
No I haven’t been contacted yet. All I know is that last week the IPO asked my fiancť what’s the address he will parole to. They may contact me soon. I’ll keep updating everything.
Hi! I read your message and just thought that I'd add some info about my experience. My LO will be on a monitor. The day after the TDCJ website updated to show his FI-1 vote (10/3), the District Parole Officer called me to schedule a home visit. We arranged for her to visit my home on 10/9. The day after our visit, I called her to ask if my residence had been approved, and she informed me that it was. Hopefully, you've heard something more by now.

We are still waiting for the release certificate to be issued. Waiting for it is harder than every other wait we've endured thus far.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slw024 For This Useful Post:
Guccigrl (10-22-2018)
  #15  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:43 AM
msladyj75's Avatar
msladyj75 msladyj75 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: From Louisiana live in Killeen, TX
Posts: 159
Thanks: 213
Thanked 93 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw024 View Post
Hi! I read your message and just thought that I'd add some info about my experience. My LO will be on a monitor. The day after the TDCJ website updated to show his FI-1 vote (10/3), the District Parole Officer called me to schedule a home visit. We arranged for her to visit my home on 10/9. The day after our visit, I called her to ask if my residence had been approved, and she informed me that it was. Hopefully, you've heard something more by now.

We are still waiting for the release certificate to be issued. Waiting for it is harder than every other wait we've endured thus far.
Hello I still havenít heard from the district parole officer yet. Iím not sure whatís going on. I called the release status line but they keep telling me to call the following week. Heís getting so anxious to come home. Heís paroling to my place. I live in the Killeen area. He got approved August 31st and itís almost the end of October. About the monitor do you need a landline phone? I have one through spectrum. I believe there are two different monitors. Who do I contact?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2018, 07:32 PM
SAGIRL's Avatar
SAGIRL SAGIRL is offline
Loving you since 1995
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,731
Thanks: 421
Thanked 575 Times in 539 Posts
Default

I didn't hear from parole until 3 weeks before his release which gave me all the info on the phone criteria for the monitor. After that parole didn't call me until after 10 minutes of picking up my loved one so they can come out and set up the monitoring machine.
__________________
To the WORLD you may be one person; but to ONE person you may be the world.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-28-2018, 05:10 PM
slw024 slw024 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 41
Thanks: 6
Thanked 42 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msladyj75 View Post
Hello I still havenít heard from the district parole officer yet. Iím not sure whatís going on. I called the release status line but they keep telling me to call the following week. Heís getting so anxious to come home. Heís paroling to my place. I live in the Killeen area. He got approved August 31st and itís almost the end of October. About the monitor do you need a landline phone? I have one through spectrum. I believe there are two different monitors. Who do I contact?
I just sent you a PM before I read this. My LO's vote was on 9/3. On 9/4, the DPO called me to schedule a home visit. When she came over, she told me that I'd need to get a landline, which I've done. She specified that the phone must be analog, not digital. She said that there could be no additional features, like call waiting, call forwarding, caller ID, etc. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slw024 For This Useful Post:
msladyj75 (11-01-2018)
  #18  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Girl22472 Girl22472 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 150
Thanks: 91
Thanked 185 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGIRL View Post
Was it a GPS monitor?
From what so understand there are 2 monitors. A GPS monitor and Curfew monitor.

Curfew monitor requires a land line. A GPS monitor is more restrictive.

My husband is on bond release and has an RF (radio frequency) monitor. I'm not certain we had to have a landline to be fair but it simply tells the PO he's out of range, not where he is and it's much cheaper than GPS.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:18 PM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,888
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,061 Times in 5,992 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
My husband is on bond release and has an RF (radio frequency) monitor. I'm not certain we had to have a landline to be fair but it simply tells the PO he's out of range, not where he is and it's much cheaper than GPS.
The systems used by each of the 254 Counties around Texas are NOT the same as those used by the TDCJ-Parole Division.

Cost is a moot point since the releasee will not have to bear any of the expense.

As others have already noted, expect a landline requirement but be aware that SOME of the offices are set up to use a cell-based system that pings the nearest tower.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-2018, 12:53 PM
msladyj75's Avatar
msladyj75 msladyj75 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: From Louisiana live in Killeen, TX
Posts: 159
Thanks: 213
Thanked 93 Times in 50 Posts
Default

My fiancť is finally coming home tomorrow from Huntsville. The release date showed up a week ago. I still haven’t heard from parole or anyone about his ankle monitor. I don’t have a analog landline just a digital one. My area don’t have analog landlines anymore. Do I have to pick him up or can he ride the bus home? I work nights and couldn’t take off work. His family lives in Austin and don’t have transportation. I live in the Killeen area and he will parole to my home.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to msladyj75 For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (12-05-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ankle monitor, Friday release: Does monitor start as soon as he is released Carlysmith19912 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 11 12-29-2017 05:32 PM
Ankle monitor missmyneisa Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 7 02-09-2013 09:56 AM
Cut ankle monitor off.... 5yearsin Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 9 09-06-2012 07:15 PM
Can you get an ankle monitor wet? jojobaby Probation, Parole & Supervision 5 05-18-2012 09:22 AM
Ankle Monitor? MRSECBY Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 3 05-26-2009 08:20 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics