Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Nevada prison, criminal justice system, as well as discuss legal topics

Old 09-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Prison Valkyrie

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thumbs up Prison Legal news win for inmates re: books/mail

Prison Legal News continues its efforts to defend its First Amendment right to communicate with prisoners in the Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC). In 1999 the NDOC banned all copies of PLN, claiming the publication constituted “inmate correspondence.” PLN filed suit and was granted a preliminary injunction requiring delivery of PLN subscriptions and mail to Nevada prisoners.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...st-nevada-doc/

Apparently now we can send books from any vendor not just a specified one and also they no longer have to be pre approved. Inmates in Ely have been able to get many different magazines and most books provided they are no a security risk. Great news...
Boudicca 60 AD-I am fighting as an ordinary person for my lost freedom,my bruised body and my outraged daughters.Consider how many of you are fighting and why!Then you will win this battle, or perish.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2014, 03:03 AM

Awesome. Thanks for this, I will see if my fiancé has heard of this and is this all prisons ?
Old 09-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Prison Valkyrie

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

No idea but I'm gonna assume yes.
Boudicca 60 AD-I am fighting as an ordinary person for my lost freedom,my bruised body and my outraged daughters.Consider how many of you are fighting and why!Then you will win this battle, or perish.