Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Oklahoma prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Default Emails: how do you go about signing up for it?

Does anyone know how to email your l/o? I know there's a certain website where you sign up for it. I believe jpay is one of them. Are there others? Or how do you go about signing up for it? How long does the initial process take as well as receiving emails from your l/o? Do they charge per page? Once I register, is there anything my l/o would have to do on his end? For those of you who do email your loved ones, is the process easier/quicker/ cheaper than sending paper mail? My l/o is currently at Jess Dunn, and it seems that lately he hasn't been receiving my mail like he used to. Or when he does, it's 3 weeks later. So I'm just trying to see if I email him, would it be better.

Also, I was talking to one of my coworkers a couple of months ago, she was telling me her son was at David l Moss, and she was able to video chat with him. Has anyone ever done that before or heard of it?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,556 Times in 6,662 Posts

Hello and Welcome to PTO! My guess is that all the questions you are asking are going to depend on the facility in which he is located. Some facilities use email, some do not. It might be helpful if you call the facility and ask.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Hi, I'll try calling later on today. Thank you for responding!
Old 02-10-2017, 07:32 PM

I have never used the email because my letters have always gotten to him in 3 days, no matter which facility he's been in, 4 different ones. I do know it is only available in some facilities, and you can email him, and it is printed out and given to him. He cannot email you back.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:00 AM

When I went to jpay to register or find out more info, I put in his state and DOC#, and it prompted me to continue registration. The next step it took me to was entering in my credit card info to send money. I assumed that meant to add funds for the emails. I didn't want to put any money on there without being 100% sure that they even provide email services to inmates, so I called Jess Dunn to find out if they do or not and got absolutely nowhere. They acted as if I was speaking a foreign language or asking to be his roomie. The only other facility he's been in besides JD, is Lawton and the mail service there was terrible. For the most part he gets my letters in 3 days I guess, but lately he has not. I sent one on Jan 8th and he still hasn't gotten that one. Usually my letters are 10 pages, it would be nice to type it rather than writing it
Old 02-18-2017, 07:36 PM

Maybe if you made your letters shorter they would go through faster? I know any time you put a lot of pictures or news articles or anything they have to look at and go through, they do those last. At least that is what I have heard.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:17 AM

I've always written long letters and it was never an issue. Only that one. There were a few times my letters took a little over a week to get to him, but that was only because they were on lockdown. Anyway, I found out what the issue was with my letter, it was flagged because I mentioned PayPal. Apparently, that's a code for something. Had no idea. Only thing I don't understand is if it was flagged, why take almost 2 months to say anything. They should have notified him of that or sent it back to me instead of waiting that long and the only reason he found out was because he had to keep asking. So, if he never would have said anything, I guess they wouldn't have either

Last edited by candii_apples; 03-08-2017 at 12:24 AM..
Old 03-09-2017, 05:27 PM

Paypal, Greendot, the prepaid Visa's some of them use them in their hustles, that may be why?
Old 03-09-2017, 05:36 PM

That's correct, he called me and told me all about it. I knew about green dot and the pre paid Visas but had no idea PayPal was included. Certainly wasn't what I was referring to when I said it. I was explaining how I was excited about ordering some makeup and lashes from eBay but had an issue with my PayPal account. Now I know.....