Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:16 AM

Default Earliest release date? (and an update)

I recently posted about my boyfriend being sentenced to a year with the Louisiana Dept. of Corrections. He is now listed in the DOC's automated phone system, and it says that his "earliest release date" is two days shy of a year.

Is this date generally accurate? I'm the one that will be helping him when he's released and if he's not getting out until March, I would really like to extend my contract for three months. I'm working abroad so... Sigh this has all just been so confusing.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2016, 06:10 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,556 Times in 6,662 Posts

This date is accurate. It will only change if the inmate earns good time. If your boyfriend cannot earn good time, then the date will be accurate.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:58 AM

How do you go about giving time back. Convicted of First degree Robbery. Pled no contest in April 2016 sentenced to 8 years