Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:32 PM

Default When they get transferred to another prison does their mail go there

Hi I have a question I had sent a letter to my loved one but come to find out he got moved so when the old prison gets the letter will they send it to his new place or what...Any info will be gratefully appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2017, 01:00 AM

hey there,

as far as I know they will forward it... My friend is in Attica but currently in the box in Elmira... I called the mailroom in Attica and the Lady told me, they are forwarding the mail. If you wanna make sure just call the mailroom where your love used to be and ask... It will probably take some time until he gets the letter but he will :-) Hope I could help :-)
Old 03-31-2017, 03:00 AM

My man got transferred a few months ago and his legal mail and magazine subscriptions got transferred. He didn't have any personal mail from me or family in route because we knew he was getting ready to move so I can't answer on that part.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_questions View Post
hey there,

as far as I know they will forward it... My friend is in Attica but currently in the box in Elmira... I called the mailroom in Attica and the Lady told me, they are forwarding the mail. If you wanna make sure just call the mailroom where your love used to be and ask... It will probably take some time until he gets the letter but he will :-) Hope I could help :-)
How exactly do I get in touch with the mailroom? I doubt it wud take that long cuz he was in Clinton annex and now went to the main facility
Old 03-31-2017, 06:40 AM

Call the number on the DOC website and ask to speak to someone in the mailroom at the Annex. His mail will definitely get to him because my guy was in the Clinton Annex and there was another guy in the main with the same name; and their mail used to get mixed up sometimes. It took a few days to get to him; but he always got his stuff.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeckler9 View Post
How exactly do I get in touch with the mailroom? I doubt it wud take that long cuz he was in Clinton annex and now went to the main facility
I called Attica's main phone number and asked to be transferred to the mail room... They asked for his DIN and transfered my call ....