Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:46 PM

Default Question about PIC points

My Fiancť had a 5 year sentence and max out date is July 2018. After recieving his sentence he was already pass his ped and was denied parole. He has taken motivation for change and will have completed Reentry as of Friday. I emailed webmaster in regards to PIC points and they said he would be eligible but it can be granted or denied by the parole board. I just would like to know is it likely or has anyone loved one received Pic points or has been released early after being denied parole?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2017, 03:24 PM

I actually got my PIC points applied. I earned 7 and the parole board have them all to me. Now, there are some charges that are ineligible for PIC points, but, he would have been notified about that. They say that your points lock in 3 months before your date and you can't receive more, but, they granted me an additional one two months before I left.
The Following User Says Thank You to Georgiagirl78 For This Useful Post:
K6770 (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiagirl78 View Post
I actually got my PIC points applied. I earned 7 and the parole board have them all to me. Now, there are some charges that are ineligible for PIC points, but, he would have been notified about that. They say that your points lock in 3 months before your date and you can't receive more, but, they granted me an additional one two months before I left.
Thanks so much! I really hope the give them to him...it's so hard to get any useful information when I call the parole board customer service.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:01 PM

Thanked 1,255 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGaPeach View Post
Thanks so much! I really hope the give them to him...it's so hard to get any useful information when I call the parole board customer service.
I don't know where you live but the DOC is having a family day in Forsyth, GA on April 21. It's supposed to be where you can go to ask questions of the parole department. It might be worth going to.
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/InmateInfo/FamilyInfo/FamilyDay
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
K6770 (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 08:43 AM

Thanks!!That's great news!! I live 3 hours away though I would hate to drive that far and feel as if nothing was accomplished. I have very little faith in Georgia system, but I may give it a shot.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:29 PM

I have very little faith in the GA system as well. I have tried calling and emailing and haven't found out anything regarding my LO's PIC points. They just keep telling me that they are not obligated to award them and I swear if I hear one more person say that to me I'm going to scream!!! He has a TPM of Oct 2017 and If they would have awarded his points he'd be home by now. His counselor said his PIC day was April 21st but here we are May 2nd and nothing. I wish they would just tell me if they are at least reviewing it, if something is missing or if they are just flat denying it. I'd rather just know. this not knowing is the hardest part. He's got a perfect record since he's been in and has never been in trouble before or since this charge, being his only charge. I don't understand why they wouldn't award them and what the hold up is. It's a shame that he worked so hard to earn them just for them to not give them to him so he can come home.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:53 PM

Default Pic Date

Did they release him after his PIC date or made him wait until his TPM date?
Old 11-12-2017, 11:00 PM

Hey guys!! Just an update! A few weeks ago I checked the inmate TPM website and they have granted my hubby all his points and he now has a pic date for January!! He wasn’t notified or anything so if I wouldn’t have checked he wouldn’t have known!!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:17 AM

Default PIC

MsGaPeach, that is so awesome they awarded him all of his PIC points! Do you know if they release inmates on Sunday or Saturday in Georgia Correctional Institute/Facility? I am so happy for you and I can feel your happiness. Time is going to fly by very quick, I mean November is like almost gone then December.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoJac View Post
MsGaPeach, that is so awesome they awarded him all of his PIC points! Do you know if they release inmates on Sunday or Saturday in Georgia Correctional Institute/Facility? I am so happy for you and I can feel your happiness. Time is going to fly by very quick, I mean November is like almost gone then December.
Yes Iím supper happy!! Through the entire 5 years there was never any good news and they also transferred him to a TC finally! Yes they release any day...itís hard getting any concrete answers so if anyone has questions and going through anything similar feel free to ask me....Iíll answer anything I can!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:19 AM

MsGaPeach, Do you know what's the difference between the prison camps and Correctional Institution? My loved one is currently at Harris County .
Old 11-13-2017, 11:34 AM

From what I’ve seen the county camps are a little better, does Your love one go out on work detail? I know that’s a big difference at the camps...they also get points for their detail which helps them when it comes to parole...
Old 11-13-2017, 11:41 AM

MsGaPeach, Yes he does work detail everyday during the week. And he has completed all his classes, besides taking the official GED test. I have been checking the Georgia TPM website and nothing has been updated saying when his discharge or TPM will be.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
MsGaPeach, Yes he does work detail everyday during the week. And he has completed all his classes, besides taking the official GED test. I have been checking the Georgia TPM website and nothing has been updated saying when his discharge or TPM will be.
When is his PED?
Old 11-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Is PED, Performance Evaluation Date? I'm not sure I will find out now. Do they normally have a PED before getting released? Does the PED give them the for sure "okay" that they will be getting released?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Is PED, Performance Evaluation Date? I'm not sure I will find out now. Do they normally have a PED before getting released? Does the PED give them the for sure "okay" that they will be getting released?
PED means ďParole Eligibility DateĒ....which is when he becomes eligible for parole, in some cases itís at 1/3 of their sentence. He wonít get a TPM until after his PED. The parole board reviews his file around his PED then makes a decision whether or not they will give him a TPM...if he is granted a TPM then they do a final review around that time to make a final decision on releasing him. Just make sure he doesnít get any DRís because that can hurt him.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:07 PM

His TPM is August 2018, but he says per his case plan he will be getting out December 2017...next month. I hope he is not lying to me just to keep me waiting for him and then next month tell me his actual release date which is August 2018! He doesn't know I have looked up his TPM on the Georgia website and it says August 2018.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
His TPM is August 2018, but he says per his case plan he will be getting out December 2017...next month. I hope he is not lying to me just to keep me waiting for him and then next month tell me his actual release date which is August 2018! He doesn't know I have looked up his TPM on the Georgia website and it says August 2018.
Sounds like he is going off if they grant his PIC points...if they give him his points itís possible...since Dec is next month he should be able to reach out to his counselor and if the parole board has given him a PIC date for Dec..if so that means they have given him the points! I hope your love one does come home asap...I know how the waiting game can be very stressful! The parole board does what they want basically!
Old 11-13-2017, 12:16 PM

Now, he is saying something about his points being froze and to expect him home between December-January. Is your loved one coming home late January?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Now, he is saying something about his points being froze and to expect him home between December-January. Is your loved one coming home late January?
My love one does know the exact date yet he has to talk to his counselor to find out. I donít know anything about points being frozen and how that works but if I find out Iíll let you know.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGaPeach View Post
My love one does know the exact date yet he has to talk to his counselor to find out. I donít know anything about points being frozen and how that works but if I find out Iíll let you know.
Points are automatically frozen 6 months before your TPM or PIC date. (This is so you can't earn any additional points)
Old 11-13-2017, 01:38 PM

KaylaPaige, Thank you and I was thinking he was making something up.