Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:39 AM

Lightbulb What and how does a two year review work in Oklahoma?

Hello. My brother is up for a two year review next month. He just told me he found out he was. And asked me to help him find out what we need to do to be considered for early release. His first probation hearing is set for Nov. 2019. He has served a year in county jail for his crime., which was CDS. Then he was charged while in there during a fire for injuring or burning a public building. Which consisted of him not clear on the security tape you can't make out who is doing anything the lawyer he had says, pulling on a sprinkler head cause it did not come on. So.. I'm wondering what we do for this, do they notify him and go back to out county for a hearing? Or is it way more complicated than that. Since he has been in a low level prison he has worked the first year in the kitxhen, and now he is on a farm crew where he leaves the prison and works everyday and comes back in evening. Has not been in trouble and does very well. His charge is a non violent offender also. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,127 Times in 9,898 Posts

Chell, could you tell us what state and what institution he is in? Once I know that, I can move your question to the proper place, where people who actually know might be able to help you.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:14 PM

Lightbulb

Hi! We are located in Oklahoma. Okmulgee County. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,601 Times in 1,554 Posts

Welcome to the community!

I've gone ahead and modified the title of your thread and moved it to the Oklahoma section of our community. Hopefully someone will be able to help you soon!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Donation Award 

He should be able to go the law library where he's at and get info, or if he has a atty call and ask them, I know letters of support from family members and a job waiting would help, and a letter from that too. You can ask in the legal forum question's as to what to write etc..
Old 04-09-2017, 06:36 PM

Thank you so much! I
Old 04-10-2017, 08:42 PM

I'm confused. So has he been to Lexington and been assessed yet? And gone to a regular DOC facility? Or is he still waiting in county to go to Lex? And if he is in a DOC facility he will earn days depending on his level and what type facility he is in, like you earn more days in a work center than in a higher security facility. If he's in a DOC facility he will get a time sheet every month from his case manager with the amount of days left, so he will know when his release is.

I'm also confused about the charges? Does he have additional charges still pending? Cause that's kind of what it sounds like? Does he have a court date for those charges? Most likely he will have to return to court for those charges also.