Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Massachusetts that do not fit into any other Massachusetts sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:14 AM

Default Seeking to marry an inmate in Mass - how does this look for a draft?

I'll be applying for marriage to an inmate soon; how does this look for the letter explaining why we wish to marry while incarcerated?

"I wish to marry the love of my life, [partner's name], an inmate at [location], because I do love him. As not only transgender people, but people with Asperger's syndrome, for people like us to find others who would accept us is rare; to find others who love us enough to wish to spend the rest of our lives with us, extremely rare; and to have the opportunity to make it so, almost impossible; yet despite the odds, we are in love, and we intend to marry, build our lives together, and live those lives that we build together. The fact that the marriage will be in prison is no problem for us; what matters is not where we marry, but that we marry. We are in love."
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2017, 03:18 PM

I did not know that you had to write a letter like this asking for permission! I'm sorry I can't give you any advice on this subject! Have you tried looking for examples online? Have you posted your letter?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,356 Posts

Hi. Unfornunitely I do not know specific answers to your questions. I just wanted to say welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you will be very comfortable here.

Moderator: New Jersey, Juvenile, Prison Activism, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Maryland, Husbands & Boyfriends In Prison
Old 04-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,445 Times in 740 Posts

The OP started this thread in March last year and hasn't logged in since June 2016 -- lets hope they were successful with their marriage and are living happily every after