Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:08 PM

Default Sent money order to Tensas Detention Center, but its still uncashed?

Hello I recently found my friend in here after making a bunch of calls to find her. I sent her a letter and got a response late March. I have since sent her letters and a money order and have received nothing. I've checked the status of the money order and it is still uncashed. It's been almost 2 weeks since I have sent the money order and don't know what to do since I live in Nebraska. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,445 Times in 740 Posts

HI and welcome to Prison Talk! I hope someone familiar with this facility and money orders sent there will comment soon.... I have only sent money to my LO in a CA prison, and I know sometimes it might take a while to be processed and even for him to have the information about that he's received money. Depending on the mailroom in the facility it also could be any random reason why you haven't heard back from her yet....hopefully you will at some point during next week. Hang in there!
Old 04-15-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
HI and welcome to Prison Talk! I hope someone familiar with this facility and money orders sent there will comment soon.... I have only sent money to my LO in a CA prison, and I know sometimes it might take a while to be processed and even for him to have the information about that he's received money. Depending on the mailroom in the facility it also could be any random reason why you haven't
heard back from her yet....hopefully you will at some point during next week. Hang in there!
Thanks I really hope I hear something soon. With my brother it was all online.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:27 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,782 Times in 6,735 Posts

Do you have any idea if your friend is still in that prison? Do you know her DOC number? It could be that she was moved and is not yet situated in another facility.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
Do you have any idea if your friend is still in that prison? Do you know her DOC number? It could be that she was moved and is not yet situated in another facility.
No I don't know her DOC number, they told me I didn't need one to write her. I was finally able to find out that all money orders have to be postal. I didn't know there was a difference. I'm suppose to be getting mine back but I don't think I will since I sent it on the 4th and still have not received it. I did get a letter from her, she is still there but apparently was on lockdown. Thank you for responding.