Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTaylor09 View Post
They ask numerous question.... who lives in the home, if all utilities are working ,up to date on all payments including mortgage or rent payment, no weapons , no one with a criminal background ,source of income etc. Hope this was helpful
How long from the initial call where they ask you general questions about your home and who lives there before they schedule the inspection?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2017, 08:03 PM

Default Hopefully some helpful info.

My friend went through this whole process recently and paroled to ACP in Jan. Lets call him John. The process took john 6 months from turning in the application to the release. A few of johns fellow inmates also went through the process and some took 6 months and others 3. The program is relatively new and run by the woman and children's division in Sacramento. Applications can be found in the law library of a institute or counselor. Once the application is turned in it is sent to Sacramento to be pre approved. Once pre approved a case worker will ducat the inmate to sign some paperwork and once again the paperwork is sent off to sacremento. Someone from the ACP program will call the home or program listed on the application to ask basic questions. Then a Case worker will ducat the inmate to take a basic psychological test ( like found in modern online job applications) along with some basic questions about drug use, need of help to find work, etc. Once that gets processed another ducat will be issued to speak with a Social worker who will interview the inmate and write a sort of essay to present to the committee. This will include EVERYTHING from the inmates past. After the "essay" has been submitted a date with the committee will be scheduled and the inmate will sit in front of a 3-6 group of administrators who will make a judgment from what you've done in the past and the willingness to rehabilitate while incarcerated ( if in for a drug crime, better be doing Narcotics Anonymous and getting NO 115's). After the committee recommends you for approval to ACP your case is sent to the warden to be given approval for release. After a parole agent will visit the home in question and the sign off on the approval. Then the case goes back to sacremento for the final decision. Once approved officially the inmates case is then sent to case records to schedule parole. As you can imagine these steps aren't timely and run at the CDCR'S pace which is why some inmates move faster then others. The best thing john recommends is to stay on top of it. If one of the steps listed above takes longer then 3 months, write the staff involved and get the family to call the ACP office. They are generally very helpful. The institutes ombudsman can prove to be helpful as well. John cannot stress how important it is for the inmate to keep his/her nose clean during this whole process.

Upon release from prison the inmate will be given 100$ of his/her 200$ gate money and put on a bus or picked up by family. at this time the inmate has 2 business days (48 hours) to check in at the parole office. Once there the parolee will be tagged with a ankle monitor and given a curfew. It is important to know that if the parolee gets into any sort of trouble what-so-ever the parolee goes straight back to prison. not jail. and there are no "violations" just a swift return back to his/her cot.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited by HomeFree222; 04-29-2017 at 08:09 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeFree222 For This Useful Post:
JenzAnimal (07-02-2017), Riktik15 (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 10:06 PM

Default ACP help! This is so wrong

I'm sorry I just read your question. The call came in December and he just went to committe early April and well he got royally screwed. They denied him based on a case from 1994 that he had served his time for and even discharged that number. He has been to fire camp since then as well. Anyhow after being denied he is then told a few days later that he won't be getting his 33% and won't be at a level 1 prison anymore. They p coded him and raised his points so now he has to go up north to a level 2 prison. This is devistating and just seems so wrong because if this is the case he never should have been considered for the program in the first place. How is this all ok? What can I do? Keep in mind it's been over 10 yrs that he has been in any kind of trouble up until now.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 PM

Default out of the ordinary

I have never heard of someone getting there points raised for no reason. To be given a p code is due to violence. That being said 33% is for non violent offenders.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeFree222 For This Useful Post:
Riktik15 (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 10:54 PM

Well it was a robbery charge in 94' but like I said he served his time for that back then so then why all of this now? His counselor was going to give him his new outdate after calculating the 33% the week after committee but was then told he was p coded. This isn't right and I don't know what to do at this point.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:11 PM

If the new charge isn't violent then I don't see why they would strip the 33% unless there was a strike involved in which case the best case scenario would be 66%. I do know that P Codes can follow you regardless of your number being discharged but they can also be bypassed by the counselor for reasons like fire camp or outside work crew.
Riktik15 (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 12:54 AM

Well he had 2 strikes already before this last charge that was a domestic violence charge but he wasn't given a 3rd strike the judge gave him 3 yrs with half so I'm really just confused since they aren't categorizing that as a violent crime.0
Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 AM

Default Half

The prior strikes are what make him ineligable for the 33% as it states in the title 15.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeFree222 View Post
My friend went through this whole process recently and paroled to ACP in Jan. Lets call him John. The process took john 6 months from turning in the application to the release. A few of johns fellow inmates also went through the process and some took 6 months and others 3. The program is relatively new and run by the woman and children's division in Sacramento. Applications can be found in the law library of a institute or counselor. Once the application is turned in it is sent to Sacramento to be pre approved. Once pre approved a case worker will ducat the inmate to sign some paperwork and once again the paperwork is sent off to sacremento. Someone from the ACP program will call the home or program listed on the application to ask basic questions. Then a Case worker will ducat the inmate to take a basic psychological test ( like found in modern online job applications) along with some basic questions about drug use, need of help to find work, etc. Once that gets processed another ducat will be issued to speak with a Social worker who will interview the inmate and write a sort of essay to present to the committee. This will include EVERYTHING from the inmates past. After the "essay" has been submitted a date with the committee will be scheduled and the inmate will sit in front of a 3-6 group of administrators who will make a judgment from what you've done in the past and the willingness to rehabilitate while incarcerated ( if in for a drug crime, better be doing Narcotics Anonymous and getting NO 115's). After the committee recommends you for approval to ACP your case is sent to the warden to be given approval for release. After a parole agent will visit the home in question and the sign off on the approval. Then the case goes back to sacremento for the final decision. Once approved officially the inmates case is then sent to case records to schedule parole. As you can imagine these steps aren't timely and run at the CDCR'S pace which is why some inmates move faster then others. The best thing john recommends is to stay on top of it. If one of the steps listed above takes longer then 3 months, write the staff involved and get the family to call the ACP office. They are generally very helpful. The institutes ombudsman can prove to be helpful as well. John cannot stress how important it is for the inmate to keep his/her nose clean during this whole process.

Upon release from prison the inmate will be given 100$ of his/her 200$ gate money and put on a bus or picked up by family. at this time the inmate has 2 business days (48 hours) to check in at the parole office. Once there the parolee will be tagged with a ankle monitor and given a curfew. It is important to know that if the parolee gets into any sort of trouble what-so-ever the parolee goes straight back to prison. not jail. and there are no "violations" just a swift return back to his/her cot.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
Thank you! Did they come inspect the home? And if so when did that take place?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysiabucello View Post
How long from the initial call where they ask you general questions about your home and who lives there before they schedule the inspection?

Even after having gone through this step in the process he has now been denied, level points went up and now being transferred to a level 2 prison. Unreal.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I have never heard of someone getting there points raised for no reason. To be given a p code is due to violence. That being said 33% is for non violent offenders.

Quote:

Even after having gone through this step in the process he has now been denied, level points went up and now being transferred to a level 2 prison. Unreal.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Did they come inspect the home? And if so when did that take place?
They inspected johns home At about the 5 month mark. 7 days after committee. And 22 days before his release.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:14 PM

What do they look for at the home inspection?
Old 05-02-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindee0512 View Post
What do they look for at the home inspection?
They look to make sure there is a actual bedroom or space designated for the parolee. That there are no dangerous animals that might endanger police or parole officers. There cannot be a drop of alcohal anywhere in the house, even in the back of the closet in YOUR own bedroom( they simply ask, they don't search). There has to be a phone signal. The house has to be somewhat modern and not suffer power outages due to the ankle bracelets box which plugs into a wall and must be undisturbed ( even slight vibrations set the box off so it has to have a permanent undisturbed location) they state to you that upon agreeing to the parolee living there that you and the entire house is obligated to submit to searches. And that's basically the whole visit, should take 10 minutes
JenzAnimal (07-02-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
They look to make sure there is a actual bedroom or space designated for the parolee. That there are no dangerous animals that might endanger police or parole officers. There cannot be a drop of alcohal anywhere in the house, even in the back of the closet in YOUR own bedroom( they simply ask, they don't search). There has to be a phone signal. The house has to be somewhat modern and not suffer power outages due to the ankle bracelets box which plugs into a wall and must be undisturbed ( even slight vibrations set the box off so it has to have a permanent undisturbed location) they state to you that upon agreeing to the parolee living there that you and the entire house is obligated to submit to searches. And that's basically the whole visit, should take 10 minutes
Thank you so much for replying and the info. Helps alot.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:40 AM

Sorry to bug you again but he just got the report ON HIM stating reasons why he should be able to gO home on ACP etc. So what is the next step after that? I'm just not sure if that's the first or third part of the review. Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:30 PM

My boyfriend got approved for the acp program Does anyone know how long it takes for him to come home?
Old 05-16-2017, 12:08 AM

This process has a lot of steps. Do you mean he got told he's eligible? The whole process can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:56 PM

If they have a felony violent crime does that make them ineligible automatically?
Old 05-24-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Hi there, after you got the initial call asking who lives in the home, utilities up to date, etc. What was the next step and how long did he come home after that? I just got that call. 😊
How long after he got approved did u get the call asking who lives in the home and what not ?
Old 05-24-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
This process has a lot of steps. Do you mean he got told he's eligible? The whole process can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months.
I'm not sure he's in wasco reception right now so he can't call me to let me know exactly what's happening but he turned in the app and talked to a counselor and he got approved I know he still has to go to committee or something?
Old 06-04-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riktik15 View Post
I sent my boyfriend the ACP application and it has been screened. I just want to know if any male inmates have been released to the program since it became available to men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riktik15 View Post
He's coming home on the acp program!!!! So happy 😆
I was hoping you could help me out with some info about the ACP application
Old 08-02-2017, 09:49 PM

Anyone know how I can get ahold of anyone that can help me with acp? My bf was approved but hasn't herd anything.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleysmamma View Post
Anyone know how I can get ahold of anyone that can help me with acp? My bf was approved but hasn't herd anything.
Did he go to committee already?
Old 08-02-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindee0512 View Post
Did he go to committee already?
no all he did was meet with someone from app. like a counselor but not his counselor an act one