Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:11 PM

Default How long after paperwork submitted before Home Visit?

My boyfriends unit team finally did his probation paperwork for my address 2 weeks ago he also sent off his HWH paper work he said it might not get approved because seeing he only has 30 days left until his end of sentence date so I'm wondering what is an average time period the probation officer comes to check the residence after the paperwork is submitted?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,560 Times in 10,017 Posts

If he isn't getting any HWH time, then the PO's deadline is when he reaches his end of bop sentence/start of supervised release sentence date. The PO will have to approve where he will reside after he is released, but one option is unfortunately "homelessness". Since much of what the POs do is deadline sensitive, I expect that your home visit will occur within the next 30 days.