Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues News & Events relating to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Courts, Department of Justice and any legal questions you may have dealing with the Federal system.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:21 AM

Default Reduction in Sentence due to being terminally ill

My boyfriend put in for a reduction in sentence due to being terminally ill. It was approved by the warden in Butner FMC and is now in Central office (DC) Does anyone know how ling it usually takes before a decision is made. He said several people have been released due to this since he has been there in October of 2016? I know that it then goes to sentencing judge. I keep checking PACER.
The Following User Says Thank You to Razorgirl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2017, 04:05 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,753 Times in 1,203 Posts

You can pick one Federal representatives and make a presentation. A succinct summary and a request for an investigation could jump start the process. Are any of your Senators or Congressmen on relevant committees? You want to do some research and choose one who is most likely to help you.

I've had clients get out within 6 weeks of Warden approval and I've had clients never get approval. But having the Warden on board is a key part of the process and is great news.

I don't think you need a lawyer to assist you in the process, but if you decide you do, PM me and I'll send you a name of someone with a good track record.
The Following User Says Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-22-2017)