Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default How long to get an answer from Board of Parole in Pennsylvania?

So my LO saw parole last Thursday after a 9 month hit the first time.. The 2nd time around the interview went exceptionally well.. A lot of positive sayings from the interviewer. . So now we wait to see if they are going to grant hin parole this time around... I am trying to keep him positive for this agonizing time and he call saying so and so we went up the same day as him and so and so's home plan was investigated today..(mind you thus person lives 4 hours from us and is in a completely different region) I'm trying to explain to him that it it has only been 7 days (a holiday and weekend) he's trying to agrue it's been 2 weeks on Thursday I know better.. ugh this waiting is ridiculous but I know i have to remain patient.. how how did everyone deal with the waiting game and can someone share the time line for what happened with their process.. I wish the doc had a standard but unfortunately I know they do it at their own pace....

Last edited by Raysgurl2014; 02-28-2017 at 04:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Always_His Always_His is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Usa
Posts: 80
Thanks: 46
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

It was different for each of my brothers , One it took a lil over a month and the other closer to two months but neither was as little as 2 weeks , I guess it's possible but me personally I don't know anyone that it has occurred in as little as 2 weeks, best wishes to you both
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Always_His For This Useful Post:
David (03-29-2017)
  #3  
Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 AM
waitinguntil001 waitinguntil001 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 427
Thanks: 176
Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Raysgurl2014: Unfortunately the waiting game has just begun. I know that is not something you want to hear but it is fact. There really is no time line in when to expect the green sheet to come back. The board usually says between 6 to 12 weeks. The other thing is too that the length of time waiting for it to come back is not an indicator of good or bad news. Meaning the longer it takes the better the news is probably or vice-versa.

Just remember, as you stated the best thing you can do now is give him support. If you think it is hard on you waiting for it think about how he feels being in prison and not knowing if he will be released soon. I have been on both ends of this waiting game; me, in prison waiting for my green sheet to come back and also when my LO was in prison waiting for his green sheet to come back before he could come home to me. I waited for mine around 5 weeks and it took 12 weeks for my LOs green sheet to come back and we were both paroled. We were not in at the same time though.

Time is going to drag for him unless he keeps himself busy; that is the key. Both of you must keep a positive attitude.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waitinguntil001 For This Useful Post:
Always_His (03-01-2017)
  #4  
Old 03-01-2017, 05:18 AM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinguntil001 View Post
Raysgurl2014: Unfortunately the waiting game has just begun. I know that is not something you want to hear but it is fact. There really is no time line in when to expect the green sheet to come back. The board usually says between 6 to 12 weeks. The other thing is too that the length of time waiting for it to come back is not an indicator of good or bad news. Meaning the longer it takes the better the news is probably or vice-versa.

Just remember, as you stated the best thing you can do now is give him support. If you think it is hard on you waiting for it think about how he feels being in prison and not knowing if he will be released soon. I have been on both ends of this waiting game; me, in prison waiting for my green sheet to come back and also when my LO was in prison waiting for his green sheet to come back before he could come home to me. I waited for mine around 5 weeks and it took 12 weeks for my LOs green sheet to come back and we were both paroled. We were not in at the same time though.

Time is going to drag for him unless he keeps himself busy; that is the key. Both of you must keep a positive attitude.

Good luck.
I am very optimistic but also know not to get "my hopes up" I mean I realize what the worst case scenario is.. �� I told him to quit stressing about it.. it's way easier said then done.. we been riding this out 2.5 years now.. I just hope I get the call so we can both then just wait for a release! (Always waiting on something ��) I know there is no step by step and everything with everyone happens at different times.. hopefully we get good news.. thanks for the good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2017, 07:54 AM
smiles844 smiles844 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 183
Thanks: 15
Thanked 119 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Waiting is so ridiculously hard!! I would have to second what waitinguntil001 said, stay busy! Find things to do to prepare, both on your end and his and keep supporting him. : )
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
Raysgurl2014 (03-01-2017)
  #6  
Old 03-02-2017, 06:30 AM
pennsyvlaniame pennsyvlaniame is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 19
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysgurl2014 View Post
So my LO saw parole last Thursday after a 9 month hit the first time.. The 2nd time around the interview went exceptionally well.. A lot of positive sayings from the interviewer. . So now we wait to see if they are going to grant hin parole this time around... I am trying to keep him positive for this agonizing time and he call saying so and so we went up the same day as him and so and so's home plan was investigated today..(mind you thus person lives 4 hours from us and is in a completely different region) I'm trying to explain to him that it it has only been 7 days (a holiday and weekend) he's trying to agrue it's been 2 weeks on Thursday I know better.. ugh this waiting is ridiculous but I know i have to remain patient.. how how did everyone deal with the waiting game and can someone share the time line for what happened with their process.. I wish the doc had a standard but unfortunately I know they do it at their own pace....
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know our experience. My LO saw the board the middle of December and was released about 6 weeks later, the end of January. He found out his release date about a week before they released him. This was just January 2017 so he's been home a little more than a month now. Hang in there. We're all wishing you the best.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsyvlaniame View Post
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know our experience. My LO saw the board the middle of December and was released about 6 weeks later, the end of January. He found out his release date about a week before they released him. This was just January 2017 so he's been home a little more than a month now. Hang in there. We're all wishing you the best.
I know it's way to early to be stressing.. hell it took 6 weeks the last time for.him to get get a 9 month hit.. he saw them 2/16 so it's not even been a full two weeks.. I'm very optimistic with how the hearing went.. I feel really good about it and refuse to let the stress get to me.. him on the other hand well we all know how LONG days drag out in there and he's got nothing but time to think about it..ugh... i keep.hoping for a call or a card on my door at least then I can "calm" him a bit knowing they are trying to come out.. I've read every forum possible regarding what to.expect and what not some say home plan checked first some say green sheet first I mean there is just no rhyme or reason and that is the frustrating part is its nothing more then then a waiting game! Keep your fingers crossed for us! And congrats on your lo being home... I can't wait for that day!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Well I'm excited to announce I had a home plan investigation today!!!!!!������������ it went extremely well.. now some more waiting. . But we are on the right track! ��
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raysgurl2014 For This Useful Post:
waitinguntil001 (03-04-2017)
  #9  
Old 03-04-2017, 04:42 AM
waitinguntil001 waitinguntil001 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 427
Thanks: 176
Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysgurl2014 View Post
Well I'm excited to announce I had a home plan investigation today!!!!!!������������ it went extremely well.. now some more waiting. . But we are on the right track! ��
That is good news to hear!! Don't bank on it as a guarantee but normally the board won't investigate a home plan in PA unless they are planning a positive hearing outcome. Keep your fingers crossed and as usual prepare for the worse but hope for the best.

They investigated my LOs home plan to my house one week after his hearing. One week later he told me on the phone the home plan was approved; oups!! we had to wait another 10 weeks for his green sheet to come back though; it was worth the wait. Talk about "waiting and waiting and waiting". Hence my username - "waitinguntil001"; it is nothing but a waiting game.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Well just figured I'd touch base.. had the home check / call to landlord done.. home plan is approved.. still waiting on a green sheet with an official decision.. it will b 5 weeks this thursday.. he's past his minimum so we are just waiting more or less... (for the record waiting sucks!) Staying positive...

Last edited by bobble60; 03-26-2017 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: Corrected typo.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-21-2017, 02:39 PM
waitinguntil001 waitinguntil001 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 427
Thanks: 176
Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysgurl2014 View Post
Well just figured I'd touch base.. had the home check / call to landlord done.. home plan is approved.. still waiting on a green shit with an official decision.. it will b 5 weeks this thursday.. he's past his minimum so we are just waiting more or less... (for the record waiting sucks!) Staying positive...
Thanks for the update.

That's great that the home plan was approved. That is a huge hurdle to overcome many times. The green sheet will come soon. (You may want to edit your post; you kind of spelled green "sh*t" incorrectly; I am sure it was a typo).

5 weeks waiting for the green sheet and the clock is ticking. This is one of the worst parts; that darn old green sheet. But, normally they don't check home plans unless there will probably be a favorable decision; but don't bank on it. I am just saying it looks good. There is no guarantee that since they checked the home plan he will be paroled but normally looks good.

At this point "anxiety" is your worst enemy and "patience" is your best friend.

Please be sure to come back and let us know the out come.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

He just called... he's coming home !!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raysgurl2014 For This Useful Post:
Osugirl (03-23-2017)
  #13  
Old 03-23-2017, 12:11 PM
waitinguntil001 waitinguntil001 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 427
Thanks: 176
Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysgurl2014 View Post
He just called... he's coming home !!!!
That's great news!!!

Now you can do the

Pretty soon the two of you will

Now the stress and anxiety can subside a bit. You will have some still until he actually steps foot in the house.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-23-2017, 05:44 PM
pennsyvlaniame pennsyvlaniame is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 19
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysgurl2014 View Post
He just called... he's coming home !!!!
Great news! Thanks for letting us know!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-29-2017, 09:36 AM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

He had his drug test 3/25 so we are betting he will get released next week... fingers crossed.. I can not wait till he's home... so close!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 PM
pennsyvlaniame pennsyvlaniame is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 19
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysgurl2014 View Post
He had his drug test 3/25 so we are betting he will get released next week... fingers crossed.. I can not wait till he's home... so close!
Won't be long now! So happy for you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pennsyvlaniame For This Useful Post:
Raysgurl2014 (03-30-2017)
  #17  
Old 04-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Raysgurl2014 Raysgurl2014 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Well this is it.. I pick him up Tuesday!!!!!
So here's Here's a timeline for anyone else who wants something to go by..
Parole hearing 2/16
Home plan check 3/3
Green sheet 3/23
Drug test 3/25
Told to pack up his stuff 3/31
Picking him up 4/4

I want to thank each and everyone of you for all the stories and wisdom and thoughtfulness.. This has been a long 2.5 years but we made it and I'm thrilled to start living life again... good luck to each of you and remember patience is key...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raysgurl2014 For This Useful Post:
Always_His (04-19-2017), waitinguntil001 (04-03-2017)
  #18  
Old 04-19-2017, 11:46 AM
Always_His Always_His is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Usa
Posts: 80
Thanks: 46
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Congratulations and many blessings to you both
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:13 AM
pennsyvlaniame pennsyvlaniame is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Posts: 19
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysgurl2014 View Post
So my LO saw parole last Thursday after a 9 month hit the first time.. The 2nd time around the interview went exceptionally well.. A lot of positive sayings from the interviewer. . So now we wait to see if they are going to grant hin parole this time around... I am trying to keep him positive for this agonizing time and he call saying so and so we went up the same day as him and so and so's home plan was investigated today..(mind you thus person lives 4 hours from us and is in a completely different region) I'm trying to explain to him that it it has only been 7 days (a holiday and weekend) he's trying to agrue it's been 2 weeks on Thursday I know better.. ugh this waiting is ridiculous but I know i have to remain patient.. how how did everyone deal with the waiting game and can someone share the time line for what happened with their process.. I wish the doc had a standard but unfortunately I know they do it at their own pace....
Hello,
My LO saw the board in the middle of December. With the holidays included, it took him about 6 weeks from the time he saw the board until he was home. He was home by the end of January. Unfortunately, every process is different. He got his green sheet back saying he would be paroled about a week before they checked his home plan. When the PO came and checked the home plan, I was told that the home plan was accepted. I know others on here have said that the home plan was checked before their LO was given their green sheet. Just hang in there. the waiting is the worst but hopefully, it won't be too much longer until your LO is home! We're all sending you good thoughts and hoping that it will all be over for you soon.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:47 AM
waitinguntil001 waitinguntil001 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 427
Thanks: 176
Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsyvlaniame View Post
...Just hang in there. the waiting is the worst but hopefully, it won't be too much longer until your LO is home! We're all sending you good thoughts and hoping that it will all be over for you soon...
Raysgurl2014 up dated the post back on the 2nd of April and said she was picking him up on the 4th of April so he should be home now. I am sure Raysgurl2014 would have said otherwise.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Appealing Board of Parole decision in Pennsylvania! How long for an answer? Nichole0424 Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service 6 02-16-2017 05:30 AM
How Long For an Answer from the Parole Board? allysegovia08 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 3 01-24-2015 06:13 AM
How long for an answer from the Parole Board? RavenN06 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 6 02-13-2013 11:16 AM
Why so long before the parole board gives an answer Davewife Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. 4 10-02-2009 01:05 PM
Parole Board Question - How long for an answer? NikkiW1027 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 13 07-25-2007 07:12 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics