Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:08 PM

Default Should he turn in each individual phone bill or all at one time

Just wondering, my bf is currently at RMC WEST in reception and I'm just curious does he turn in each individual bill when he gets them or does he have to save all the bills until one time where he submits all of them at once?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2016, 07:44 AM

The phone list is updated every 6 months so he can send the phone bills in once he gets them. He doesn't have to wait.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:58 AM

Does he have to wait for all his phone bills to be turned in before he can call me?? Or does he turn mine in and it can be approved say before his sisters and he can call me? I'm just confused to if he has to wait for all of it at once cause it seems like it would be "updated" every time he gets a phone bill from someone else? Thank you!!
Old 06-10-2016, 11:55 AM

Once he gets the phone bill he gives it to them and then once they approve it then he will be able to call you. Did you have any more questions?
Old 06-10-2016, 01:21 PM

If there is more then one person on his list for approval he has to wait to receive them all and turn all paperwork and list in at one time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steph&gene16+ For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (04-21-2017)
Old 06-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Not really cause some of them do things differently. As long you get it to him when its due then there wont be a problem
Old 06-10-2016, 04:45 PM

See this is where I'm confused. His dad and sister haven't sent there's yet and I have and I wanna talk to him LOL so I'm just wondering does it all have to be turned in at once or one by one and then they get approved individually? He's been there 3 weeks and I sent the bill Tuesday so I'm anxious to talk with him since I now have to wait another couple weeks for approval.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:57 PM

Every prison is different my husbands sister sent hers in before I did and he was able to talk to her. Then I sent mine in and then once he got it he sent it. A few days later I was able to talk to him.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:46 AM

Default Phone List Approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinebabe90 View Post
See this is where I'm confused. His dad and sister haven't sent there's yet and I have and I wanna talk to him LOL so I'm just wondering does it all have to be turned in at once or one by one and then they get approved individually? He's been there 3 weeks and I sent the bill Tuesday so I'm anxious to talk with him since I now have to wait another couple weeks for approval.
If you want info from someone at the prison your BF is at, then look up that prison online and send an email to the chaplain or another point of contact if you think you see a better staff member to contact. Anyone there will be able to answer your question. You might also want to look at the prisoner's handbook that tells them how to do all the things they are required. You can find a bunch of info out by looking at the DOC site. Read thru all that and then send a note to the chaplain. Better to have more info before asking a question that you can answer yourself just by looking at their FAQs or the handbook. Like one said...each prison can operate a little differently so read the info...then email the staff member you with to reach. I would suggest you also contact the chaplain. They are generally very helpful.

Al
Old 10-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Please remember to ad the numbers that are approved to your securus account. I forgot to do that and half the people on the approved list, my husband was unable to call until I added all the phone numbers. I deleted numbers that were not approve from his time in the county jail before he was transferred
Old 11-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,308 Posts

Well, there are odd balls, but in all my years I have never known of a place that will make exceptions except very few and far between as Sunshine has experienced.

USUALLY, phone lists update once every six months. the chart is up in the stickies, then the prisoner has to submit a request to update phone list along with all the phone bills he wants to add to his list (if they are new).

If it's the first time they may make exception as first timers don't know. If it's an update month the prisoner must list all the numbers they want to remain on the list or it's apt to be removed. Then, you got to go back through all that mess, they don't just add them back on, even if it's their mistake.

So, I'd be proactive in getting everyone's bills together NOW!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel
Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 PM

My cell phone bill is in my husband's name. Will I have to get a phone in MY name for him to be able to call me?
Old 04-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAsAlice View Post
My cell phone bill is in my husband's name. Will I have to get a phone in MY name for him to be able to call me?
the name listed on the phone bill will be listed on the phone list. Marty can't add my name to the list with my brother's phone bill, even though I may use that phone.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
LostAsAlice (05-02-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
Please remember to ad the numbers that are approved to your securus account. I forgot to do that and half the people on the approved list, my husband was unable to call until I added all the phone numbers. I deleted numbers that were not approve from his time in the county jail before he was transferred

So if he put his parents on the list and my number, I have to add their phone number to my account?
Old 07-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Sun Dried Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStreet4 View Post
So if he put his parents on the list and my number, I have to add their phone number to my account?
No.

But, he has to turn in all phone bills with his phone list request at one time.