Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in Florida facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM

Exclamation Question about getting approved for visitation in Florida with a felony

I wasn't sure where else to ask this question so I apologize if it isn't in the right place.
Okay let me start this by explaining my situation a little. My name is Jess and my fiancé Josh is currently locked up at Central Florida Reception Center.. before he got arrested and charged we were together for a long time and we actually ended up getting in trouble together on the same case, we just had different charges and outcomes. He had been in trouble before so he got a much harsher punishment, while I had never been in trouble in my life so this is my first time. He is currently serving 10 years and I got 4 years of probation. Before he left we found out I was pregnant. All that being said I know that being a felon, having committed a crime with the inmate and being on probation, my visitation form will be denied. I'm looking for advice on writing the warden in hopes that they will grant me visitation so that I will be able to bring the baby to see him.. has anyone ever heard of that working? My probation officer said she'd write me a letter saying I'm on minimum probation and doing great and she doesn't have an issue with it. How should I word the letter to the warden? Do you think it will work? This is so important to me please any advice will be so appreciated. I want to increase my chances however I can!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,604 Times in 1,554 Posts

I don't have any experience with Florida prison visitation but someone that does will probably be around soon. It sounds like you have extenuating circumstances and probably do have a good chance of getting an exception = getting it approved, especially with a child being involved, living together (this would be common law in Texas), and the PO vouching never hurts.
Jayleigh407 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 PM

Default Same Boat but not pregnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayleigh407 View Post
I wasn't sure where else to ask this question so I apologize if it isn't in the right place.
Okay let me start this by explaining my situation a little. My name is Jess and my fiancé Josh is currently locked up at Central Florida Reception Center.. before he got arrested and charged we were together for a long time and we actually ended up getting in trouble together on the same case, we just had different charges and outcomes. He had been in trouble before so he got a much harsher punishment, while I had never been in trouble in my life so this is my first time. He is currently serving 10 years and I got 4 years of probation. Before he left we found out I was pregnant. All that being said I know that being a felon, having committed a crime with the inmate and being on probation, my visitation form will be denied. I'm looking for advice on writing the warden in hopes that they will grant me visitation so that I will be able to bring the baby to see him.. has anyone ever heard of that working? My probation officer said she'd write me a letter saying I'm on minimum probation and doing great and she doesn't have an issue with it. How should I word the letter to the warden? Do you think it will work? This is so important to me please any advice will be so appreciated. I want to increase my chances however I can!

I had never been in trouble before but my husband had a pass record. He got 3 yrs prison and i got 10 years probation. My husband has been transferred to 2 prisons, I wrote to both prison, the 1 st prison didn't even write me back. I'm guessing because about 6 weeks after i wrote the wardon my husband got moved. So i wrote the 2nd prison. The 2nd prison wardon had someone call me and tell me that i could not have visiting rights because i'm a felon and i got in trouble with him. I asked for a special visit behind glass and was told no on that also, My husband comes home in 72 days. It has be very hard not being able to see if, but we talk everyday and write letters. Good luck i hope you can get something done that i couldn't.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayleigh407 View Post

It doesn't hurt to try but I will say don't get your hopes up! If all else fails do you have anyone that can bring your baby to see him? Like a family member on either side.