Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:10 AM

Question Albert C Wagner Dress Code

I was added to my friends visiting list for WYCF and itíll be my first time ever visiting a prison. Any tips and do/do notís for visiting? I donít want to drive 45 minutes to be turned away and Iím nervous especially since its my first time visiting a prison. The doc website has pretty general stuff and then Iím reading on here about things you should look out for with dress code that the doc site doesnít say. Any help would be appreciated!

TYIA (:
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2019, 08:35 PM

Default Going to WYCF - worrried about dress code

Hey guys,

Planning on visiting a friend at WYCF in NJ, I’m traveling from
NY over 4 hours.. I would hate to be turned away. I do plan on calling the facility to ask questions directly.. but I’m wondering if u and the person can take pictures in visting room? Price for that? Is the vending machines? On doc website it says no cash or coin .. is that for deposit only ? Or there’s no vending machines in the visiting area... and dress code I’m super worried bc im naturally thick no sweat pants or jeans will cover that up ... any suggestions on what to wear both days?

Last edited by cheyenne316; 03-12-2019 at 08:41 PM..
Old 03-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,454 Times in 2,939 Posts

I don't know the exact dress code, or the vending machine situation, but I do know about being "naturally thick". I've worn some heavy fabric skirts (I like my skirts at almost ankle length, or what they're now calling "boot skirts") with leggings underneath - hard to say you're clothing is "too tight" when it's blowing around in the breeze!

Just be careful about making sure the fabric is heavy enough that light can't get through it, or they'll say it's too "sheer". I'd avoid white entirely - seen too many people turned away for wearing "sheer" white denim (This is in Oregon, but if it happens in one state, it's possible it can happen in another state).
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
xoxoaem (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
I don't know the exact dress code, or the vending machine situation, but I do know about being "naturally thick". I've worn some heavy fabric skirts (I like my skirts at almost ankle length, or what they're now calling "boot skirts") with leggings underneath - hard to say you're clothing is "too tight" when it's blowing around in the breeze!

Just be careful about making sure the fabric is heavy enough that light can't get through it, or they'll say it's too "sheer". I'd avoid white entirely - seen too many people turned away for wearing "sheer" white denim (This is in Oregon, but if it happens in one state, it's possible it can happen in another state).
I was planning on wearing jeans for bottoms and Iíve been reading on here that tops need to cover your butt. So I was thinking about an oversized sweater but now the whole ďsheerĒ thing is making me nervous. Iím already going to be on edge about going to a prison to visit, but now the dress code makes me ever more nervous because I donít want to be turned away!
Old 03-14-2019, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,454 Times in 2,939 Posts

Take a spare set of clothing with you, just in case. An oversized sweater can always have a lightweight shirt underneath it, then it definitely won't be too sheer. I usually wear a shirt under a shirt, just in case.

I think it's mostly what attitude you present - if you look like you're trying to dress like a pole dancer, they'll find something wrong. If you look like you're going to church, they will let you in. While I usually wear jeans of some sort (can be blue in Oregon), they're typically nice jeans, not something with holes in it (like the shredded jeans that are currently in style), not something where the zipper doesn't zip all the way up.

Dress like you're going to church or to a job interview and you should be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
xoxoaem (03-14-2019)