Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Nonamesavailabl Nonamesavailabl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ca usa
Posts: 12
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default How soon after getting new release date does he get assigned parole officer

Hey all!! New here and hoping to find the answers I'm looking for. I'm wondering how soon after receiving his new release date does he get assigned a parole agent? His original release date is Aug 17 but under some law or regulation or what have you, his counselor says he will be released in about 4 months. Can someone help me PLEEEEEASE!?!?!?!?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-11-2017, 04:33 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is online now
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 6,921
Thanks: 8,860
Thanked 11,314 Times in 4,411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonamesavailabl View Post
His original release date is Aug 17 but under some law or regulation or what have you, his counselor says he will be released in about 4 months. Can someone help me PLEEEEEASE!?!?!?!?
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your questions, but...
wouldn't four months from now be about August 17?

Welcome to PTO and I hope someone comes along soon and has some direction for you around agent assignment.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
BrokeWithoutHim (04-12-2017), Sarianna (04-12-2017)
  #3  
Old 04-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Nonamesavailabl Nonamesavailabl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ca usa
Posts: 12
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your questions, but...
wouldn't four months from now be about August 17?

Welcome to PTO and I hope someone comes along soon and has some direction for you around agent assignment.
Yes, I meant to put original release date of Aug 18. Not 17. That's the new one
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,136
Thanks: 1,041
Thanked 1,250 Times in 653 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonamesavailabl View Post
Hey all!! New here and hoping to find the answers I'm looking for. I'm wondering how soon after receiving his new release date does he get assigned a parole agent? His original release date is Aug 17 but under some law or regulation or what have you, his counselor says he will be released in about 4 months. Can someone help me PLEEEEEASE!?!?!?!?
He may not get a parole Agent until he get ready to leave they will tell him who to report to. I never had the officer whose name was on my paper work.Now when I got released I had to report the same day I was released . No wait time. If I got out at 9:00AM I better be at the parole office before 5:00 P.M .Either way he will have a agent to report to with his new release date
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-12-2017)
  #5  
Old 04-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Nonamesavailabl Nonamesavailabl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ca usa
Posts: 12
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
He may not get a parole Agent until he get ready to leave they will tell him who to report to. I never had the officer whose name was on my paper work.Now when I got released I had to report the same day I was released . No wait time. If I got out at 9:00AM I better be at the parole office before 5:00 P.M .Either way he will have a agent to report to with his new release date
Ok, so to clarify, he will get an agent when he gets his new date? Or when he gets released?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Patrickj's Avatar
Patrickj Patrickj is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atwater CA. USA.
Posts: 2,136
Thanks: 1,041
Thanked 1,250 Times in 653 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonamesavailabl View Post
Ok, so to clarify, he will get an agent when he gets his new date? Or when he gets released?

There will be a agents signature on his new paperwork before release, but this may not be his agent. Once his new date is recalculated he will see his counselor to sign his paper work and go over his conditions of parole, along with reporting instructions. There will be a parole officers name on his reporting instructions and conditions sheet. The agents name on his new paperwork may or may not be his parole officer.
__________________
Be a friend to everyone,never know when you may need their help
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
Nonamesavailabl (04-11-2017), Sarianna (04-12-2017), sidewalker (04-13-2017)
  #7  
Old 04-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Nonamesavailabl Nonamesavailabl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ca usa
Posts: 12
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thank you Patrickj. This has been very helpful.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nonamesavailabl For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-12-2017)
  #8  
Old 04-13-2017, 07:12 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 28,118
Thanks: 47,896
Thanked 24,229 Times in 12,566 Posts
Default

I think it was about a month before my hub was to be released.
I called the parole office that my hub would be reporting to, to ask a few questions.
I ended up (after giving the person who answered the phone my hubs info) being connected to his agent. We spoke, I asked some general questions, gave him my phone number and contact info.

When I next spoke to my hub on the phone he was surprised I got any info whatsoever. Since he's been on parole......he has had like 15 or 16 different agents, so the one he starts with will likely not be the one he ends with. You can always connect with the *agent of the day* if his is not in the office.

To add: I was only asking general questions that I felt were not getting into anything they may not want to share.
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Nonamesavailabl (04-14-2017), Sarianna (04-15-2017)
  #9  
Old 04-14-2017, 02:09 AM
Luvfaith33 Luvfaith33 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: California United States
Posts: 41
Thanks: 18
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

If my husband is getting out and we live 5 hours away from the prision, will I pick him up and have to come home to meet his probation officer the same day ? Or will they transfer him to the county jail where we live ? Hope my questions make sense !��
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-14-2017, 07:28 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 28,118
Thanks: 47,896
Thanked 24,229 Times in 12,566 Posts
Default

If he is getting out on parole/probation they will let him out. (unless he has some other charges/holds)
When he is released they will give him paperwork that tells him when he needs to report to parole/probation.
Its generally a day or two.
Just make sure he reports before, or on the last day.
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-2017, 10:35 PM
missingmybrat missingmybrat is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: California
Posts: 47
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I think it was about a month before my hub was to be released.
I called the parole office that my hub would be reporting to, to ask a few questions.
I ended up (after giving the person who answered the phone my hubs info) being connected to his agent. We spoke, I asked some general questions, gave him my phone number and contact info.

When I next spoke to my hub on the phone he was surprised I got any info whatsoever. Since he's been on parole......he has had like 15 or 16 different agents, so the one he starts with will likely not be the one he ends with. You can always connect with the *agent of the day* if his is not in the office.

To add: I was only asking general questions that I felt were not getting into anything they may not want to share.
Hello. Did the parole agent come out to your home before your husband was released? Or do they meet their parole agent for the first time once released, then they come out unannounced to check on them?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:53 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 28,118
Thanks: 47,896
Thanked 24,229 Times in 12,566 Posts
Default

no. no home inspection as my hub was going to be homeless. (its complicated)
Hub was given a time frame about when to report to parole.
Parole can show up whenever they want to, search anytime.
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Release officer date msprettyeyes Florida Parole, Probation & Release 3 09-16-2013 08:56 PM
File at the board but not assigned, 3/15 MS Release Date kierstin1976 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 1 03-08-2013 03:02 PM
Release date delayed because of parole officer gods mercy Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 5 06-25-2010 10:30 PM
When is Probation Officer Assigned??? csbs186 Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 0 04-11-2008 03:34 PM
How soon prior to his release date,is he assigned a parole agent?can i call them yet? RSummers California Parole, Probation & Release 3 04-22-2005 11:12 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics