Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc

Old 03-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Question Norton

Does any one have info on Norton CF?

DS 8-01-04
Not home yet as of 04-04-08
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
2 Cor. 5:16-19

It's in northwest kansas and pretty tough, and it's far from us.

I don't think tough as far as other inmates but as a facility. I voluntere for Prison Fellowship and we have friends that work with the prison. I've been told that the only way to mail in a bible is a page at a time in letters. The warden I guess is hard core. They don't allow much in the way as books and stuff. I can only imagine the rest. That was enough to make me dred going there. That's all I have.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 PM

My son is in Norton and he has only been there 3 weeks but so far so good. We have not had any problems yet and we really do not want to have any. He of course just wants to do his time and get out. The visitation is good you get to have Pizza from pizza hut so nothing wrong with that . I get to see him about everyother weekend. I hope all is well with your loved one. Mom of wonderful son
Old 04-26-2005, 09:19 PM

My DH is doing fine we have had problems but it was to him not with him. He is not in trouble just the ones that mess with him. I visited him once and it was good. it was on temp list so I have not been able to see him lately.

DS 8-01-04
Old 04-27-2005, 09:34 AM

Good Luck to yours and you at Norton My son is okay he is in Medium and I pray that is not for long . Keep your chin up and be positive. It really helps. Maybe we will see you there visiting. Mom
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 PM

just found out a good friends son is in Norton. Can you give me more information about the facility visitation and how you go about seeing someone you are not related to.
Boy is only 19. Hope he is ok. Your friends you mention who work there, are they with
Prison Fellowship? How do I get his name to them and would they be able to contact him. Any other rules would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:02 PM

You have to be on his visitation list and you have to be aproved and he has to send you approval papers . If he has had his evaluation after the first 120 days and is a level 2 he can have other people besides family visit. You can write to him and have him send you one. Visiting is okay you can go on Sat or Sunday or any legal holiday. You get 7 hours and it is okay . Pizza Hut brings in pizza and you can play cards and visit. My son told me that the best time of the day is mail call so lots of letters help them get through. It is good to keep in touch with them so they know the outside world is where they really want to be. Good luck to you and to him. Mom
Old 06-14-2005, 12:26 PM
terri

Default ? about visiting

This may sound silly, but I'm going to visit a friend there and wondered about taking in money on the visit. Did you take quarters for the vending machines, or dollar bills? Do they have cards and games in the visiting area? It doesn't look like you're able to take much in with you. Also, do you have to get there early to get checked in before the visit? Is it very crowded? I'm wondering if the visit will be cut short if they run out of space. Thanks for any info, I'm a little nervous.

Terri
Old 06-14-2005, 06:28 PM

Visitation at Norton is good . Mostly I take in 1 roll of quarters and then I take 20 in cash. You get to order pizza or what ever from pizza hut but you have to be there before 10:30 to do that . I have only waited 1 time to visit and that was on the holiday weekend and we waited 1 hour to get in. They have cards , scrabble , uno and dominos. You do have to ask for them. You can take in a little clear bag , or if it is female stuff a bag for that . THey will search , but oh well . Be sure to lock your car when you go in though I have seen them make people go out and they strip search your loved one when that happens. You can also take in approved meds for yourself you just leave them with the guard. YOu can visit from 8:30 to 3:00 and on any legal holiday also those hours. So that is 3 days over the 4 th of July. Good luck with your visitation and have a safe drive. I will be there for the next 2 weekends so maybe I will see you there. I go on Sunday. MOm
Old 06-15-2005, 09:34 AM
terri

Smile

Thanks for the information. It's nice that they let you order lunch in, that'll be a treat for my friend. I'd like to help him anyway I can, but don't really know what to do. I'm not sure when I can go, he's just put me on his list and I still have to do the form. I'll look for you if I'm there on a Sunday. Thanks again, and I hope you have a great day.

Terri
Old 06-15-2005, 08:55 PM

I am there to visit my son and I have blonde hair and have a pretty good tan. I will be with my son and his friend he has dark hair . I am in my 50s . Hope to see you there. If your friend just got there then he has a bit before the form has to be in . But it takes about 2 weeks for approval to go through or less. His primary visitor can come even though the form is not in. But they ask you to get it done quickly. Good Luck Mom
Old 06-16-2005, 12:05 PM

If I have a place to stay I will be there the weekend of the 4th. I have friends in Beaver City, NE. I was there this last weekend and we are on non-cantact visit now I miss kissing him. I took our son so that is why we are on non-cantact visits. WE had a great visit anyways.

DS 8-01-04
Old 07-12-2005, 12:21 AM

Well went and saw my best buddy again this weekend with his mom. Everything went pretty good. Time is going by faster I must say, but it still is a road ahead. I remember in January when he went in, but it is nearly August now. Only hanging out a few times a month is still about 16 hours, and I normally dont even spend 16 hours with many of my close friends around Wichita. Looking ahead and it will be all good again.