Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp Michigan Prison Intake and Boot Camp Information forum.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 AM

Default 2 months in reception. How much longer?

my dad has been at Eegler for 2 months. he ran out of envelopes we dont have a phone so he cant call. How much longer are they gonna keep him there? this is rediculous but then again it is michigan what can i expect.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2007, 12:44 AM
we are FREE xoxox
Donation Award 

Hey...

My fiance was in Egeler for four and a half months. It was torture. i can say that you can send him money so he can purchase more envelopes and things of that nature...I believe they can "technically" be kept in quarentine for up to but not more than six months. that is my understanding anyway. If you/when you write to your father you can tell him to speak to his counselor and make sure he was properly classified. that is what "held up" my fiances transfer to the proper facility.
If there is anything i can do please send me a PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Sorry to hear about that.. it happens.

Since its your Dad it could be a variety of things holding him up... He's not a youngster so hopefully they take more care about where he's placed. Does he have any medical/health issues that need to be addressed?

I'm sure he will be moved soon. good luck!
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 PM

well he was moved to Hiawatha..im glad he moved but its in the UP so that kinda sucks. How could i go about gettin a visitor app?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Donation Award 

You can go to prison near you and get one. Or have your Father send you one. Or maybe someone on here has an extra one they can mail you on. It sucks that he is way up there but at least the weather is nice!!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:04 PM

Just talked to my guy...he's been in 7 block for 10 days and guys with the same classification, same level, more complications are leaving after 2-3 days. Is there anyway to find out why he's being held up?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Waiting...

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to find out what is holding him up in 7 Block. It's just a waiting game once they get there. Clint (fortunately) was only in 7 block for 5 hours before he was moved! Haha. it was a crazy day for him, that's for sure.

I guess you could call and ask to speak to his councelor, but I'm not sure how much they will tell you.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I've got to be dreaming..

I just talked to my boyfriend today, they moved him to 7 block last friday and he said any day he will be riding out. This is the info he shared w/ me, I dunno it might help some of you out: I was worried about where he was going to be sent (im dreading the UP!) he said that on Mondays and Tuesdays they ship guys up to the UP, Wednesdays are the Northern part of the state including Muskegon, Saginaw, and Lapeer. Thursdays and Fridays are the lower half of the state including Ryan, Mound, and Macomb (which we are hoping for!!!) I hope this info helps out!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky85
This is the info he shared w/ me, I dunno it might help some of you out: I was worried about where he was going to be sent (im dreading the UP!) he said that on Mondays and Tuesdays they ship guys up to the UP, Wednesdays are the Northern part of the state including Muskegon, Saginaw, and Lapeer. Thursdays and Fridays are the lower half of the state including Ryan, Mound, and Macomb (which we are hoping for!!!) I hope this info helps out!
Ooo, nice to know, thanks for that!